1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Durotan

Submitted by Tauer
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Alright, finally Durotan is done!

Myself I'm very satisfied with the result on this one, with regards to texture, animation and overall WC3 likeness.

Hope you guys like it and can find a use for it. As always, anyone is free to use and edit it as long as I get credit for it ;)

Ma'ghar skin download.

UPDATE: Fixed a bug with the weapon glow and made some minor tweaks to the walk and portrait animations. Also added a new spell animation and renamed the original to Spell Slam.

UPDATE 2: Added blinking animation. Displays incorrectly in Magos for some reason, but I've tested it ingame and it should work fine. Not sure about the site viewer. Let me know about any bugs regarding this please. Also tweaked the new spell animation a little bit.

Keywords:
durotan, frostwolf clan, chieftain, orc, warrior, frostwolves, frostwolf, thrall, father
Contents

Durotan (Model)

Reviews
14:53, 22nd Aug 2015 Kwaliti: Pretty much in working order. Not much to comment on, really. Approved. 11:39, 24th Aug 2015 Misha: After a bit of talk, we decided to award Director's Cut to this mighty fine model :) enjoy
  1. 14:53, 22nd Aug 2015
    Kwaliti:

Pretty much in working order. Not much to comment on, really. Approved.

11:39, 24th Aug 2015
    Misha: After a bit of talk, we decided to award Director's Cut to this mighty fine model :) enjoy

2. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Can you make Maghar skinned alternate version please. He made it, awesum!
    This is the perfect hero for them.
    Edit: Oh and great model btw.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  3. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ahh, top notch work as usual. I love what you did with the attack animations, attack 3 is great. :)
    Would love if he had another spell animation, though. Heroes usually have more than one.

4. paladinjst

paladinjst

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    wooool it comes out ~ great work ! 5/5

5. Maximum_Evil

Maximum_Evil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    this looks really great, his animations are really smooth (tho his walk animation looks kinda cartoon-ish, but haven't check in-game).

6. The Warchief

The Warchief

Resources:
    Resources:
    5 out of 5!

7. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Simply the best

8. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome Durotan model! Keep up the awesome work, God Bless!

9. Forsaken

Forsaken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It's awesome!
    It deserves be Director's Cut! xD

10. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Looks great, but not one of your best work, imo. The walk animation looks like he's jumping, looks funny, but didn't test it in game. Ma'ghar skin fit better, imo.The legs seems odd when he attacks.. I would love to see you animate human models. And the file size isn't huge compared to the quality of the model.

11. JokeMaster

JokeMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont know why but the portrait 1 makes me feel like he has a broken jaw...

12. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    UPDATE: Fixed a bug with the weapon glow and made some minor tweaks to the walk and portrait animations. Also added a new spell animation and renamed the original to Spell Slam.

The animation may look a bit bouncy up close, but if you test it ingame it should look better. It's deliberate since the animations need to be a big exaggerated in order to look good ingame. If you look at the vanilla models you'll see that they jump a lot as well (Blademaster for example), I've done some tweaks though and I think it looks better now.
    Dunno what you mean about the legs though :/

To each his own I guess. Personally, of all the models I made I think this one stays most true to the WC3 artstyle.

Yeah, did that to give him a little bit of character. I scaled it down a notch in the latest update.

13. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice. I like the changes, the new animation is pretty cool. One last thing that I noticed. He should blink sometimes during Portrait animations - probably best done with a geoset, hidden on most animations except Portrait and running through a global sequence. It's not something necessary, but his unwavering gaze does distract somewhat.

14. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I actually tried to do that. But as far as I could see there is no way to animate visibility globally?

15. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm having a nerdgasm, this is an absolute masterpiece! :grin:

16. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's what global sequences are for! A global sequence is simply a keyframe ("3333" is a common one in WC3 models), and you can put it in most nodes and such, Geoset Animations included. Check the Murloc model to see how it works.

17. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    UPDATE 2: Added blinking animation. Displays incorrectly in Magos for some reason, but I've tested it ingame and it should work fine. Not sure about the site viewer. Let me know about any bugs regarding this please. Also tweaked the new spell animation a little bit.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  18. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hope this would be Director's Cut XD I got lots of ideas for icons for him.

Looking great! One of your bests, Tauer, hoping to see more from you ;)

19. rambosunico

rambosunico

Resources:
    Resources:
    Super Coooooooool! I love it!