• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Durotan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
I thought I'd begin making separate threads for my models, seeing as I'm spending alot more time on them.

So, my latest model will be Durotan, Thrall's father.

The modeling is done. I'm in texturing phase right now. I'm putting alot more effort into texturing this one than I've done before.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not done yet, of course.

Tell me what you think.

Oh, and I'm basing him on these pictures:

Durotanconcept.JPG

Durotan2.jpg

They are from the cancelled game Lord of The Clans. Only official pictures of Durotan to my knowledge. Plus, I like his look :)

Attachments

• Durotan1.jpg
    Durotan1.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 5,127
  • Durotan2.jpg
    Durotan2.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 1,258
Level 39
Are the black thingies going to be teamcolored?

Yes, that's the plan.

I guess so.

Anyway, is there any major matter why you always use wc3 textures for the axes and texture everything else yourself? :p

Anyway (again ^^), it looks awsome.

Texture space, mostly. I hate unwrapping and I'm not always that good at using all the space the best. When I use ingame textures, I can use the saved space for the character. I could of course make a texture separately for the weapon, but knowing people that probably wouldn't be popular.

Also, it's quite fun to experiment on using ingame textures to make weapons.

And thanks ;)

Nice avatar btw.

Level 21
This has to be the most good model Duraotan model I have ever seen, but still it needs a little touch here and there.
Well anyway I like how you based it off the Lord of the Clans game that was never gonna be released and man thanks for making Thrall proud as well.
I'm hoping to add Durotan in my prologue for Destruction of Azeroth in which it replays out the First War and just beyond that, and then the Second War Era happens after it.
I might remake the Warcraft III as well in which it just tells the story on what happened and everything and making a Burning Crusade like ending to the Destruction of Azeroth.

Level 39
Alright guys, he's practically done. I just have two f*cking errors I can't seem to fix. First off, his portrait doesn't work. He's got portrait animations, he's got a camera. Camera works in WC3 Viewer. Doesn't work ingame. It's just black.

Second, when he dies, the death animation plays til the end then he snaps back into stand mode. This can be fixed by setting his death time to 1.00 in the WE. Problem is that it only works if he is a Hero and dissipates. If he's a unit it snaps back again...

There must be some reason why this happens?

If anyone knows the reasons behind these errors, I would greatly appreciate some help.

EDIT: Okay, fixed the portrait. Now there's just that weird death animation thing....

Last edited:
Level 39

Attachments

• Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 4,335
Level 21
Would be too trouble to ask for a icon as well man, and this would be really useful for my ideas that I have for my project as well, but still you don't have to make a icon for it if you don't want to. Just saying it would be perfect with one, and man you don't know how happy I am for your models and I'll be sure to credit you man and do you want to be mentioned in my projects as well? I could make you a slightly blueish Lich King in the project.

Level 39
Sure, I would love that! :D

An Icon, hmmm, I suppose I could try. I only tried it once before and it got deleted cause it was against the rules. Apparently it has to be like 90% freehand :p

I'll try and see what I can do ;)

BTW, do you have a link or a thread about your project here?

EDIT: Okay, I tried making an icon for him.

attachment.php

Problem is that it's based on this pictures from the LoTC game.

Durotan2.jpg

I don't know if they still have that freehand rule here, after all it's been like 3 years since I last tried to upload an icon. I guess I could try.

Attachments

• icon.png
    icon.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.