• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Offense] Dungeon of the Chilling Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dungeon of the Chilling Lord

Well this project is almost finished, just some thing to be added, edited or fixed and I will upload it to Map Section, but before that here is some info about my map:

Features:
Great stroy
A lot of cinematics
Four bosses with phases
Really good terrain
Triggered spells
Planty items
Four areas
Many other things what I cannot remember now :)

Work in progress and future plans:
Full screen inventory
Better Boss phases and fight overall
More terrain details
Lowing lagg caused by doodads
Adding custom music
Making one more hero, based on mage
Maybe even be and for multy-player
Making secret chambers and custom events
Fixing multiboard
Adding block base on damage engine
Code improving
Many bonuses with level up
Fixing terrain last area
Probably few more things, but cannot remember once more

What do I need?

1.Well like what I told map is almost done, but I need few Beta testers, or better bug hunters, for this I don't care what is your reputation or skill in world editor, you should just play my map and when something strange happens you should report it to me. Also beta testers should give me suggestions about some thing, well you know what to change, what to add.
In short just play map, report bugs, including some strange thing, bad behaving of bosses and map overall, of course my bad spelling should be included :)
GUI checked, well I have worked hard to make map clean, that mean to map has no leaks, but probably I have missed some of them and I will need a bit profesional coder for this job, for this cannot apply everyone, someone skilled should take this for me.
In short, skilled GUI coder to check is map leak, or lagg free caused by code
Someone want to suggest some other name, then do it here :)

Some Pictures For You:
216214-albums5919-picture62724.jpg
216214-albums5919-picture62718.jpg
216214-albums5919-picture62717.jpg
216214-albums5919-picture62716.jpg
216214-albums5919-picture62715.jpg
216214-albums5919-picture62714.jpg

Map can be found HERE

Hmm terrain is not that bad but looks really empty I always advise not using cliff to make a wall, at least try to come up using wall models it will always look more appealing. Anyway gonna test it later.

of corse to i will edit cliffs i have done that in great haste to finish it on time for mmc8

btw nice to have one more beta tester
and i currently do heavy job for full screen inventorx

Level 14
The map is fun, a lot of good models and some nice terrain.

bug:
When I was fighting the prison master (or whatever he was called) after I killed his minions in the second phase he just stood there and let me kill him without moving or attacking me.

Spelling errors:
Chilling Lord:
General there is no plesure (pleasure) in just killing, but making you suffer, yes, in that I will really enjoy.

Hint: Again the generators, left or right it is yours choise (your choice)

Chilling Lord:
After all my traps and soldiers you are still alive. So sharp your steal (steel) and hide behind your shield, you will face my wrath, do not expact (expect) mercy from me any more.

That's all I saw the first run through. There are also a few grammatical errors, but without knowing exactly what you want to say it would be tough to fix them.

The map is fun, a lot of good models and some nice terrain.

bug:
When I was fighting the prison master (or whatever he was called) after I killed his minions in the second phase he just stood there and let me kill him without moving or attacking me.

Spelling errors:
Chilling Lord:
General there is no plesure (pleasure) in just killing, but making you suffer, yes, in that I will really enjoy.

Hint: Again the generators, left or right it is yours choise (your choice)

Chilling Lord:
After all my traps and soldiers you are still alive. So sharp your steal (steel) and hide behind your shield, you will face my wrath, do not expact (expect) mercy from me any more.

That's all I saw the first run through. There are also a few grammatical errors, but without knowing exactly what you want to say it would be tough to fix them.

About prison master, I did know for that bug, and so far I dont know why this happens over and over again. Pls if someone know what makes this bug pls report. Thx for support all of u.

I am thinking about stopping creating maps any more, probably this will be my first and last map what I will create.

Level 34
Actualy this is quet an epic map:0 Even camera is allmost perfect.

If you need any help with effects, you can ask me:d Also i'd suggest to make all the human-like units different cameras and bring stun effect back. And the prison needs strong visual improvements, i guess you should uise less cliffs and more wow decorations there:p

Last edited:
Level 30
Played the latest map and it was awesome. It is really difficult the first time you play making the game challenging and also fun. Terrain is not that flat and the way you did it pleases me.... good job! Bosses are well-made, awesome skills and more... overall, this is 5/5 for me and +REP but I cant yet... spreaded too much REP in the 24 hours....

Wave of Souls: Chilling's Lord spell

Well sorry for double post, but I really cannot explain why I didnt use edit buttos so : this spell is created today and it shows how will look like one of the 7 spells on the last boss. It is something like cluster rockets, but it is totaly triggered spell. When some soul hit u it will do 100 or 175 damae and slow u for next 0,35 or 0,7 seocndsa based on difficult

Attachments

• Spell test.gif
    Spell test.gif
    750.6 KB · Views: 155
Level 20
Well sorry for double post, but I really cannot explain why I didnt use edit buttos so : this spell is created today and it shows how will look like one of the 7 spells on the last boss. It is something like cluster rockets, but it is totaly triggered spell. When some soul hit u it will do 100 or 175 damae and slow u for next 0,35 or 0,7 seocndsa based on difficult
Nice spell man! :thumbs_up:

Hint: It's not double post if 48 or 24 hours have passed. (i think it's 48 hours but im not sure :p )

Level 6
level 1: you not able to pick up all items before u start the boss fight, which actually triggers if u defeat all the enemies.
Level 2: same with the survival for 4 min action no time to pick up items
Level 3: after the prison boss i picked up the key but i couldnt enter the gate

Skills:
seismic slam: freezes the game for very short time but that sucks

i dont know what i did wrong but i couldnt finish the game cause of the key/gate thing but so far i liked the map pretty much !

Shapy

Thank you man, I am really lazy to work on this map, but I will do it, and most of the thing (90%) will be changed, about first two things about items, I know and I will fix that, but I didnt know for that problemm about key, others didnt told it to me. Well lets say to I will update map in one month with many new things. Once more thank you playing it.

Level 30
Okey want to share with you to entire spell system have been changed.
Hero now have 6 spells, 5 active and one passive (passive is colection of many passive spells that are gained by learning them). Also spells can be enchanted by points with talent tree. Will do update of the map in one week :)

Quite a short update turned out to be a good one. Nice job, friend! Just some questions, SO that means you change all the main hero's spell?

+3 REP, bro! Hope on seeing more updates.

Level 30
Well yes, also game is harder now, for excample bosses have more spells, and you cannot fight with them if you only stay in one place and right click them, so a bit more advanced and less boring gameplay now.

Lol, harder boss.... awww, quite challenging but that is good that the gameplay improved making it a less boring, will there also be improvements or addition in the items?

Status
Not open for further replies.