• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Dungeon of Eldubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
The Dungeon of Eldubs Version 0.171

Age of the Dragons was the time, when people were terrified and powerless against the dragons who flew amongst their cities, burning them to dust. Humanity appeared to be helpless to stop them, but then, brave and mighty champions of the human race came forth to defend their people. But these heroes were defeated by the dragons and humanity was forced to seek refuge from the dragons' onslaught. They thought that they had found it, but their new home was little better then the last. It was dangerous and obnoxious and the remaining humans were forced to flee into a dungeon, only to find that it was was controlled by the mighty and vicious Eldubs. The Eldubs had never been seen before by any human and they were sore afraid of the Eldubs and the last of human civilization would have surely perished if not for the heroes that went to face them...
New history with spell chekc by Nickel510

Hey, you might be interested in this, like what the hell is this? Dungeon of eldubs? Another map from some newbie? Well, indeed i am a newbie, but i know nearly everything about WC3 custom maps, and there for i wanted to create my own map! Progress is little but daily! This map has been updating all the time and seeks for suggestions and tips. Also you can apply for a full time development for this map! Check my signature for the jobs we need.

Well lets move to the gameplay! The gameplay is supposed to be great bashing throught the place, encountering many bosses with great drops, be the role you chose, and dont slack. If your a healer? Heal or lose. If your a damage dealer, dish out damage or get your teammates dead faster. If your a tank, well then you need the healer, or you just need to focus on agroing the enemies so your weak damage dealers or healers cant die. Theres many combination you can make! This, that, but be promisalbe, the enemies wont be a easy punch for you! If you go try soloing you will end up dead in the cavern.

196985-albums3906-picture36555.jpg

196985-albums3906-picture36556.jpg

196985-albums3906-picture36557.jpg

196985-albums3906-picture36558.jpg

196985-albums3906-picture36559.jpg

196985-albums3906-picture36560.jpg

196985-albums3906-picture36561.jpg

196985-albums3906-picture36562.jpg

196985-albums3906-picture36563.jpg

196985-albums3906-picture36564.jpg

Bosses
-Krag (draenei boss brother of Krug)
-Flemoh (Ancient and probably maybe still even young sibling of Dreidon)

Units
-Flamy Guard
-Fire Guard
-Fixed a few abilities
-Added more damage to Grogan
-Added a new ability Scream to the captain
-Bonus terrain for new monsters and bosses

-Fixed the item table for Grogan
-Added 10% of total health of the monsters to their total health
-Added 20% of total health of the bosses to their total health
-Added 3 damage to Krag, total change 12 to 15
-Added a few more areas (empty)
-Improved starting area terrain
-Lovered bounty granted by units

Items
-Grogans remains, Grogans soul, Krugs sword and Krugs ring. All of theese items drop rate has been lovered to 40% from 50%

Items
-All items drop rate has bee decreased to 30% from 40%
-Krug received a new drop item (Krugs right Boot)
-Krag received a new drop item (Krags lleft Boot)
-All monsters (no bosses) have now a 3% chance to drop a Manual of Vigor that gives permanent bonus to health in sizes of 3 health points
Skills

-Fixed Captains Shield Profiencys invulnerability

Units
-Added Lady Flame (lvl 8)
-Added Flame Maiden (lvl 9)
-Added Slave Beast (lvl 9)
-Added Womanly Flame Controller (lvl 10)

Bosses
-Added Flame Princess (lvl 18)
Terrain
-Many terrain improvements
-New area for the new monsters/bosses

Skills
-Improved Summoners water summoning spell from lvl 4 to lvl 11
-Captains scream learn picture fixed from the green

Heroes
-Added new hero Ranshyymon
Skills
-New skill multishot for Ranshyymon
-Fixed Scream tooltips

-Heroe -Fixed Ranshyymons spawn time
Skills
-Fixed Multishots reguirements and green icon

-Skills
-Multishot was removed due to not working
-New skill for Ranshyymon (Trueshot)

Skills
-Decreased mana cost for healing wave (Troll Priest)
-Added new skill Demon Roots (Troll Priest)

Terrain
-decreased map size
Items
-Grogans soul has increased drop rate from 30% to 35%

Skills
-Added one more level to Sword Stab (Captain)
-Fixed Healing wave (Troll Priest) Description
-Added hotkey to Demon Roots (Troll Priest)

Heroes
-New hero Crazed Orc (Strenght)
Skills
-New skill Troll true power (Troll Priest)
-New skill Troll Aid (Troll Priest)
-New skill Crazy Mutation (Crazed Orc)
-New skill Blood Rage (Crazed Orc)

Items
-Fixed all items tooltips
Skills
-Changed the Troll True Power (Troll Priest) skill from % bonus mana regen to ammounts.
-A few balancing changes in Troll Aid (Troll Priest)

Skills
Heroes
-Crazed Orc strenght gain decresed from 2.5 to 2.3
-Crazed Orc agility gain increased from 0.2 to 0.4
-Crazed Orc Attack speed decreased from 2.44 to 2.79

Items
-Added Flemohs Horn (Chance 25%)
-Added Grogans Memories (Chance 25%)
-Changed drop chance of Krags left Boot from 30% to 35%

Skills
-Added Heal Blast (Troll Priest)
Items
-Krags boots agility gain increased from +2 to +4
Units
-New monster Stalker
-New monsters added to kill and gain experience

Units
-Added Private Refugee (lvl 8)
-Added Advanced Private Refugee (lvl 9)
-Added Corporal Refugee (lvl 10)
-Added Small Golem (lvl 13)
-Added Medium Golem (lvl 14)

Bosses
-Added Liutenaunt Refugee (lvl 22)
-Grogans base damage increased from 21 to 24
-Flemohs base health decreased by 5% (from 938 to 884)
-Krags attack speed increased from 1.35 to 1.25
-Added King Golem (lvl 27)

Items
-Added Krags diary (5% dropchance)
-Added Krags PickAxe (35% dropchance)
-Added Concentration Scroll (Refugee shop)
-Added Advanced Concentration Scroll (Refugee Shop)
-Added Leather Armor (Refugee shop)
-Added Power Brace (Refugee Shop)
-Added Flemohs Ring (45% dropchance)
-Krugs Right boot dropchance decreased from 30% to 25%
-Krugs ring dropchance increased form 30% to 35%
-Krugs Sword dropchance increased from 30% to 35%
-Added Iron Shield (Refugee shop)
-Added Green Gem (Refugee shop)

Heroes
-Added new unique hero Druid (Healer/DPS)
-Added Rejuvenation to Druid (Basic skill)
-Added Searing Arrow to Ranshyymon (Basic skill)
-Added Nature Power to Druid (Advanced Skill)
-Added Assasin Speed to Aser (Basic skill)
-Fixed learn picture for Blood Rage (Crazed Orc)
-Added Cleave to Crazed Orc (Basic Passive)

Terrain
-Added new terrain and impoved it to fill out it with new monsters and boss

Skills
-Fixed the issue with green learning screen for rejuvenation
-Transferred Demon Roots skill from Troll Priest to Druid
-Shield Profiency (Captain) has now 8 tiers instead of 5
-Shield Prociency (Captain) changed percentage gain per tier from 0/0/3/6/9 to 1/2/3/5/7/9/11/13
-Energy Drain (Aser) has now 8 tiers instead of 5
-Sword Stab (Captain) now reguires level 1 instead of lvl 3
-Sword Stab (Captain) now has 8 tiers instead of 4
-Sword Stab (Captain) damage has been changed from 9/11/31/47 to 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80
-Sword Stab (Captain) cooldown has been changed from 10 to 13/12/11/10/9/8/7/6
-Sword Stab (Captain) mana cost has been modified from 3/6/10/15 to 4/8/12/16/20/24/28/32
-Description improwed in theese spells/skills: Sword Stab, Summon Water Elemental, Healing Wave and Assasin Speed
-Assasin Speed (Aser) duration decreased from 8/9/10/11/12/13 to 3/3.5/4/4.5/5

Items
-Green Gem cost increased from 78 to 112
-Concentration Scroll cost increased from 58 to 213
-Advanced concentration scroll cost increased from 97 to 376
-Power Brace cost increased from 23 to 38

Bosses
-Grogans damage increased from 24 to 31
-Added Saatan (lvl 35)

Units
-Advanced Private Refugee level decreased from 10 to 9
-Corporal Refugee level increased from 9 to 10
-All monsters have now a 1% chance to drop 1 lumber

Attachments

• TDoEv.0.171.w3x
    392.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Level 11
Well, the gameplay is supposed to be a hard rpg, i want the map to be extremely hard, right now its easy but later you need a full house containing many different heroes, many usefull combos with heroes and their spells.

sounds good. good luck whit extension of your project.

and i hope the system that i made for you is useful.
also if you need help whit anything else feel free to post me.

Level 20
Or instead of making it RPG-ish let players able to choose a dungeon from several dungeon options. And at the start of every dungeon every player can choose their role/class and try different tactics and synergizes between the maps and classes.

So there would be no levels ups... Only dungeons, and pick a hero. But some of the dungeons would be EXTREMELY hard and required 200% teamwork, making the game interesting.

Level 15
No, i have decided it to make it this way, also i am thinking of adding 7 spells, thats just about enough to get the screen full. Also i have in mind to forbid all passive skills, there is a few right now but they will be deleted later, and replaced with active spells.

Edit 1:

Added changes to the version. Going to upload the map today later.

Few updates to the map, download it at http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/dungeon-eldubs-beta-0-128-a-180132/.

Edit 2:

Tomorrow be waiting for a new hero, the crazed orc (tank) and probably +5 new monsters +10 new items, maybe a few new spells and new terrain and improvements to old one.

Last edited:
Level 15
Skills
Heroes
-Crazed Orc strenght gain decresed from 2.5 to 2.3
-Crazed Orc agility gain increased from 0.2 to 0.4
-Crazed Orc Attack speed decreased from 2.44 to 2.79
Items
-Added Flemohs Horn (Chance 25%)
-Added Grogans Memories (Chance 25%)
-Changed drop chance of Krags left Boot from 30% to 35%

Please suggest if you have time to test.

Level 15
I added some pictures for you to watch and say what do you think, also after i visit my doctor i am going to upload quite a few new changes to ver 0.145.

Edit #1:

Please note new changes
Skills
-Added Heal Blast (Troll Priest)
Items
-Krags boots agility gain increased from +2 to +4
Monsters
-New monster Stalker
-New monsters added to kill and gain experience

Last edited:
Level 15
Sorry but there wont be a update today. I am going to unleash tomorrow a massive update concerning atleast 1 new boss, a few new monsters, shop with atleast 5 items. A few item drops outside the shop. Few new monsters will be presented and a new unique hero. Also i will try to update the game so every hero will atleast have 3 skills/spells.

Level 8
Hi Eldubs, you've been helping me with my risk map so I thought I'd try and return the favor :). I'm not big on hero and dungeon maps, but I will give this one a try. I like the idea of extreme team cooperation, sounds good for a clan or some buddies.

It's 12pm for me right now so not many of my clan mates are on but I will test this with them tomorrow and tell you what we think or if we find any bugs. Should be fun!

Also, I noticed your History text had some grammatical errors, I'm thinking English is not your first language?

I've posted below an edited version of the History with proper English, as far as I know. Please someone tell me if I overlooked anything.

"Age of the Dragons was the time, when people were terrified and powerless against the dragons who flew amongst their cities, burning them to dust. Humanity appeared to be helpless to stop them, but then, brave and mighty champions of the human race came forth to defend their people. But these heroes were defeated by the dragons and humanity was forced to seek refuge from the dragons' onslaught. They thought that they had found it, but their new home was little better then the last. It was dangerous and obnoxious and the remaining humans were forced to flee into a dungeon, only to find that it was was controlled by the mighty and vicious Eldubs. The Eldubs had never been seen before by any human and they were sore afraid of the Eldubs and the last of human civilization would have surely perished if not for the heroes that went to face them..."

(I can't tell by your original text if the Eldubs are good guys or bad guys, but I think you're saying they're bad guys and the main enemy of this map)

At first, I tried to just make grammar and spelling corrections, but I just found that your original word choice did not fit the message you were trying to get across, so I made some drastic changes. My edited "History"'s word choice and grammar changed a LOT from the original's, but I think all of your ideas were preserved and give a better feel for what you really meant.

I hope this helps and that you can use it! If you're not sure, ask a friend of yours whose first language is English and see what he thinks.

Edit: The line "It was dangerous and obnoxious" should be changed I think. A more fitting one might be "It was dangerous and filled with evil (or evil creatures)" I think this would work better as obnoxious is not really the word you want to use here.

Level 15
Thanks for the history spell check, and yes my first language is Finnish although i am very good in english in my opinion. Dont download the map yet as there will be a massive update today later.

About the bad guys, eldubs is supposed to be the grand leader of the dungeon (bad)

Level 8
Thanks for the history spell check, and yes my first language is Finnish although i am very good in english in my opinion. Dont download the map yet as there will be a massive update today later.

About the bad guys, eldubs is supposed to be the grand leader of the dungeon (bad)

I was pretty sure the Eldubs were the evil guys, I just wanted to check. I won't be downloading this map for another 10 hours or so as I'm going to bed soon anyways, hopefully the new version will be out by then.
Your English isn't bad its just that every so often you'll type something that isn't really the proper way of saying it in modern American English. Trust me this is no insult to you as English is my ONLY language, and I still make a lot of spelling/grammatical mistakes. Just trying to help a fellow mapmaker out.

The guy doing the terrain for my map is also Finnish, it seems you guys got a nack for making good maps :).

Hello Eldubs,

Here is my review for you as i promised.

Pros :
- I like the gameplay, requires teamwork
- Mixture of hero classes
- Good choice of items
- Fits in well wtih a team
- Has potentional

Cons
- Hardly any triggers (I know you cant trigger)
- Low-detailed Hero selection, i had no idea what each hero did
- As i said maybe add a RPG camera view
- Fix some balance issues
- Add better ability tooltips
- Maybe events?

Gameplay - 3/5
Heroes - 2/5
Items - 3/5
Terrain - 3/5

Overall : 2.75/5

Not bad so far :) just a little more work and you will get there.

Level 15
Please welcome the newest version of TDoE

Here are the changes

Units
-Added Private Refugee (lvl 8)
-Added Advanced Private Refugee (lvl 9)
-Added Corporal Refugee (lvl 10)
-Added Small Golem (lvl 13)
-Added Medium Golem (lvl 14)
Bosses
-Added Liutenaunt Refugee (lvl 22)
-Grogans base damage increased from 21 to 24
-Flemohs base health decreased by 5% (from 938 to 884)
-Krags attack speed increased from 1.35 to 1.25
-Added King Golem (lvl 27)
Items
-Added Krags diary (5% dropchance)
-Added Krags PickAxe (35% dropchance)
-Added Concentration Scroll (Refugee shop)
-Added Advanced Concentration Scroll (Refugee Shop)
-Added Leather Armor (Refugee shop)
-Added Power Brace (Refugee Shop)
-Added Flemohs Ring (45% dropchance)
-Krugs Right boot dropchance decreased from 30% to 25%
-Krugs ring dropchance increased form 30% to 35%
-Krugs Sword dropchance increased from 30% to 35%
-Added Iron Shield (Refugee shop)
-Added Green Gem (Refugee shop)
Heroes
-Added new unique hero Druid (Healer/DPS)
-Added Rejuvenation to Druid (Basic skill)
-Added Searing Arrow to Ranshyymon (Basic skill)
-Added Nature Power to Druid (Advanced Skill)
-Added Assasin Speed to Aser (Basic skill)
-Fixed learn picture for Blood Rage (Crazed Orc)
-Added Cleave to Crazed Orc (Basic Passive)

Edit #1:

Small changes in terrain

Terrain
-Added new terrain and impoved it to fill out it with new monsters and boss

Level 8
I just finished testing this with my friends. Here is the review.
--------
*First, if you opt to be the enemies, you have no units. Just make it closed or permanent computer slot.
*Second, I was the druid, and the second tooltip for it (where you level up the spell) has no picture. The one used for casting the spell does but not the one used for leveling the spell. Also, the druid is a rather boring class. I understand you wanted Druid to be for Offheals, but with a priest I'm not sure it would even be necessary. I was the only healer for my group, and although we whiped quite a bit it was due to no coordination, not lack of heals. Either give the druid some kind of instant heal (could be instant heal with hot, like in WoW), some dps function or something like roots/sleep that is used for combat control.
*Which brings me to my third point. Overall, the game is shallow. The only explanation given is during the loading screen, and even then its pretty shallow, and it could improve from that edited History I wrote up. I think there needs to be more lore and story to this map. An RPG is a ROLE-playing game. And if your only role is a to tank or be dps its not going to be that interesting. Like in other rpgs you're given a history, a background a story so you're emotionally involved in the game, you care about what happens.
In your map, you're just kind of thrown into this scenario where you have to defeat these Elubs or the humans die.
A couple ways to give a better story
1) Make a cinematic into. All store bought rpgs have a cinematic intro.
2) Add some NPCs to the starting area that have names and tell a story, or give quests or something. (also make them invulnerable, we started killing the human npcs at the starting base)
3) Give the boss' their own names, make a quest out of it. Give each boss a little story or background. Give each boss a cool model, make them unique. You could even give them a cool room or surrounding that reflected who they were. For instance, if you've played Diablo, the Butcher was one of the coolest bosses to kill. He would yell out in his creepy voice "Ah, fresh meat" and was awesome looking. The area he resided in was also one of the most brutal things I've seen in video games. It was covered in mutilated and bloody corpses. The guy at the start of the game also gave a horrifying story of the butcher before you entered, foreshadowing the encounter.
4) The creeps get cooler and cooler as the game progresses. I think you might have already done this, but I'm not sure.
*Another thing that makes this game shallow is, like I said before, there aren't many abilities and no cool weapons. If you add weapons, have them show on your character, it would be sick.
Rogue may also be a bit OP, if the tank does a good job the rogue can do an insane amount of dps compared to the other classes.

However, there were a lot of good things about this map too!
*The mob encounters were great. Each one had the perfect amount of difficulty and required everyone to work together. It really felt like I was in a WoW instance, if either the healer or tank was slacking, and even the dps, you were probably going to wipe.
*I also liked all the classes and their basic concepts works well together, I just think they need some tweeking.
*The terrain is great. Feels like a real dungeon. And I think, for the most part, the corridors and choke points were expertly placed as they forced people to work together even in their formation. However, I would do a little tile editing and make some places different, so not everything has the same hellfire feeling. Maybe make different levels to the dungeon, each with their own feel and style, like Diablo did. Try looking at professional RPG dungeon crawlers for inspiration.
Also, going to and from town is a bit annoying. Add a town portal item, just like Diablo, that has a cooldown or something or is limited. If you haven't played Diablo, town portals would open a 2 way portal wherever you used the scroll at that allowed you to return to town instantly and then back to where you were through this portal. It would then disappear after going back through it to where you were when you summoned it.

Ok that's my review of your dungeon RPG Eldubs. I hope it helped and keep working on it! It has a lot of potential and I think you're really good at making a game challenging and balancing out the creeps with the heroes. It could be great!

And if you got time... I could use some of that balancing genius on my map :).

Level 15
Your review is perfect, my goal at the moment is to make the small area full of things first. Only after i would start working on the histories and maybe if i got a triggerer i could make the map much better. The only worst part in me is that i cant trigger! If i try to trigger something i just dont understand nothing about them. JASS and stuff! Its not for me! I dont know **** about them. I was trying to recruit a triggerer but i got zero replies what looked very weak. Hope i find someone soon as i want to make a totally working version at my birthday. (20.10)

Level 15
Well, i have no idea about triggers. I can make a small list now, but there is probably much more to trigger.

-Hero Selection system, not like mine where i use tents lol
-Automatic gate opening
-Monster respawn with the existing item tables

Theere are the critical triggers that i need right now. Can you do that?

Level 8
Hi.

By coincidence, i slipped over this map development. Hmm, your map seems pretty common, but I think, you put a lot of work into it and therefore I would like to ask you a question (especially, because that needs to be discussed anyways): What sort of hero selection do you want? A "unit moves into cyrcle" selection or a "player doubleclicks on unit" selection?

Automatic gate opening can be triggered easily. If you want, I can do that for you and tomorrow you have it (or even today. depends on response of you ;D)

Level 15
I am not sure what kind of a hero selection i want at the momet. I think i will stick to my old one atleast untill i figure out the first beta i can publish. (Probably 20.10.2010)

I will contact you then about the triggers. Thanks for the support.

Level 15
I have now 4 people willible to help me with triggers, altho i learned the hidden bbcode. Also i had no progress on my map so far from the last patch, because i was terribly sick with 38.8 celcius fewer. I am going to resume my project tomorrow and probably going to get it for triggering in a few days after it.

Level 15
Please note a new patch for the map, not much to add, just some fixes.

Skills
-Fixed the issue with green learning screen for rejuvenation
-Transferred Demon Roots skill from Troll Priest to Druid
-Shield Profiency (Captain) has now 8 tiers instead of 5
-Shield Prociency (Captain) changed percentage gain per tier from 0/0/3/6/9 to 1/2/3/5/7/9/11/13
-Energy Drain (Aser) has now 8 tiers instead of 5
-Sword Stab (Captain) now reguires level 1 instead of lvl 3
-Sword Stab (Captain) now has 8 tiers instead of 4
-Sword Stab (Captain) damage has been changed from 9/11/31/47 to 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80
-Sword Stab (Captain) cooldown has been changed from 10 to 13/12/11/10/9/8/7/6
-Sword Stab (Captain) mana cost has been modified from 3/6/10/15 to 4/8/12/16/20/24/28/32
-Description improwed in theese spells/skills: Sword Stab, Summon Water Elemental, Healing Wave and Assasin Speed
-Assasin Speed (Aser) duration decreased from 8/9/10/11/12/13 to 3/3.5/4/4.5/5
Items
-Green Gem cost increased from 78 to 112
-Concentration Scroll cost increased from 58 to 213
-Advanced concentration scroll cost increased from 97 to 376
-Power Brace cost increased from 23 to 38
Bosses
-Grogans damage increased from 24 to 31
-Added Saatan (lvl 35)
Units
-Advanced Private Refugee level decreased from 10 to 9
-Corporal Refugee level increased from 9 to 10
-All monsters have now a 1% chance to drop 1 lumber

Level 29
Havent you heard the rules?...

Please do not double post in threads or make two of the same thread. We have an edit button for a reason, if you accidently double posted/threaded, please delete it before we do.

And yes you really need a terrainer coz the terrain is not good, sadly, I am not your man for the job...

EDIT:

I suggest you put your updates/patch in the first page

Last edited:
Level 15
It is also on the first page, i put the current update on my post so people can know its updated. And about the second post, you can go and see that i asked to delete the thread down there. And unfortunately i dont know myself how to do that.

The terrain is the best I can do, thats why i need the terrainer : )

Status
Not open for further replies.