• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bosses Dungeon(test version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hello again.

Bosses Dungeon is my first map,a kind of bossfight.(5 players+bosses(should be computer) )Yet,the only bug I found,is a spell in fire mage..When you click the "+" to learn,you find one skill with "Tool tip missing".After you learn that skill,it goes back normal.So,well,I hope you will help me.
(Thanks to : General Frank,HappyTauren,Kitabatake for their great models.Umm,yeah,I am not modeler =) )
Edit : Newer version,sorry for the long time,but didn't want to send more bugged versions.So here,new heroes,bosses now drop items,more terrain,more players,etc..

Herian

Attachments

• Fightbosses.w3x
    609.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Level 1
I played through the first boss and I have a few suggestions:

1. All but the Fireward tooltip of the Firemage was not found for me. I also think the Fireward spell is a bit weird for him to have. All of his other spells are damaging spells, so it doesn't really fit him, at least in my opinion. Maybe instead have Inferno or another AoE damaging spell?

2. I suggest reading Asomath's boss-fight making tutorial on this site, because, as of now, all the first boss does is shoot at you. (Found here)

2.1 Looking at the map in editor I found that even though the boss had abilities, it didn't use them. Because I'm terrible with the editor, I don't know what's wrong but, hopefully, someone else will...

3. Finally, I think that the terrain doesn't really fit the dungeon. It is snowy and the majority of enemies (at least at the start) are fire-based. Maybe change to a red stone texture similar to the blue one you used?

And I would also suggest adding a hero pick system in. There are tutorials on this site you can use to make one and it would prevent players from fighting over which player slot they're in.

Overall though, good job for on your first map.

Level 14
Hello Animus,
For the fire in icy area,nope,not all fire.Most of them are icy,or undead(I put them in blight area).
Hero Pick system ? Done that,with more heroes.
Fire mage - Fireward u said ? I don't remember I put fireward in it. Oo.
Oh,and,btw,sorry for the long time with no answer,was on vacation,but now here's the newest version.
Enjoy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.