• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Dungeon Map) Island of Nac'ja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
Well, I want to try your map but I'm stuck Beta Testing my own project =(
Btw, to make interesting color effect to the words you've typed on Hive, just use this code: [ rainbow ]Words[ /rainbow ] (without the space of [ ].
Example: [rainbow]You are pretty, Trydene[/rainbow]
Try hover your mouse to that words
Click on my reply the Quote button to see my coding on rainbow effect

Level 5
[rainbow]oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'll do that next update! Thank you!

EDIT: Just try it!! lol If you see anything that looks weird or if if a spells crashes the game just say it, you can suggest me anything like a new unit, just ask me anything :)

EDIT2: It's still alpha version beta wont start will the last boss is ready lol[/rainbow]

Last edited:
Level 5
@mckill2009
No, it can be done single-player but it's gonna take long and be very hard to do, you can download the map and implement the cinematic skips then send it to me in a PM if you want :) the cinematics is under the folders Installation- IntroCine and MiniBoss- Dinela1, DinelaDying
Thank you! :)

@defskull
Nope, the only beta testers I know is Vizel, he looks for every tooltip, misspelling, suggestions he can find and he comments a lot of stuff, and mckill2009 tells about leak in triggers that I mention in the map and comments on my terrain, what doesn't look right and such
EDIT: Where I look?

Level 12
You can ask in the project recruitment thread, probably.

I am not sure since i have people I've known for years beta testing mine, xD

Anyway, I just figure my eye for perfection can be useful for something, so occasionally I wil review new games to get people started, and motivated. :)

Level 5
@Vizel
I'll do that after the next update
Your eye for perfection helped my map not look like a spelling mistake x.x

EDIT:
@deskull
Hmmm no need for idea giver, talking with Vizel about his healer getting pwned when Rose splitted gave me an idea to make her summon her good and evil side xD Gonna organzie my trigger folders then O.O

Level 12
Anyway, as for my project, both my terrainers are doing other stuff, my triggerer is busy with other stuff... =\

It seems i may need to do the last stretch myself at this rate. :(

For the demo, that is.

Level 12
Meh, if i can get the battle system working right, I should be able to get the rest figured out for the demo. It'll just take me a lot longer. Most of the remaining work at that point will be units, quests, and cinematics.

Level 29
@Trydene

Ok I'm gonna download the map & do the skippable cinematics, just dont make any changes yet...I'll be back soon...

EDIT:

But not VERY SOON, hehe, here's the map with skippable cinematics...take note that only the intro is skippable coz I dont know where's the rest...I also created a fade filter...

Last edited:
Level 12
I will test this map out tomorrow, I have to work tonight, >.>

So, depending on my schedule, I may be able to get a good test in tomorrow.

I will do what I did before, Vizel + Kevin + thereisnospoon. It worked pretty well. Made it so that I was constantly using spells, so that it was like there was 5 or so people there. :D

Level 33
I will test this map out tomorrow, I have to work tonight, >.>

So, depending on my schedule, I may be able to get a good test in tomorrow.

I will do what I did before, Vizel + Kevin + thereisnospoon. It worked pretty well. Made it so that I was constantly using spells, so that it was like there was 5 or so people there. :D

Heh, in my project, I created a system that counters the usage of whosyourdaddy and thereisnospoon =D

Level 12
That's not helpful in this situation, Def.

I use them to test the map. Doing so in this map serves no purpose except to one shot everything, which defeats the purpose of the game.

I use them to test, since this is designed for 7 people, as if there were about that many people. I use whosyourdaddy to speed up the process for the trash mobs.

Level 12
Alright, I've been busy, so I'm finally gonna get to testing this. I'll edit this with the results.

UPDATE! V0.04

• -some tooltips for Kevin's spells (Chains of Light and Shadowy Scream) have been fixed
    • Thank you. Much better!
  • -*NEW UNIT* Grand Ruby Warden
    • Like the one in Emerald. A pain in the ass to kill, :p
  • -Ruby Wardens and Grand Ruby Wardens got a new spell "Flame Stomp"
    • That didn't seem to get cast as much as I thought it would. That or I just couldn't see it during all the commotion.
  • -In Emily's Arena Event, the naga shouldn't run away anymore
    • This is confirmed.
  • -Glaive Throw and Entangling Roots in the Ruby Village has its stun reduced to 2 seconds
    • Much better.
  • -Mistress Rose's spell "Split Personality" got a different mechanic, instead of duplicating herself into 3, she now sends out her 2 inner emotions "Holy" and "Dark" Rose, Holy Rose heals the players and Dark Rose damages the players
    • Nice mechanic. The Holy one seems to move funny. Away from the player.
  • -Flame spirits have a new spell! "Phoenix Wave" Sends out a wave of flaming birds dealing 1000 damage on impact and summons 10 birds per second.
    • THIS was brutal on the second guardian fight, OMG. This plus the stars and the poison was brutal, even for Lichy, that's insane.
  • -Poison, Flame, and Star spirits had their model changed
    • I like the model changes.
  • -Increased the damage of Grand Wizard of the Emerald's Poison Chain and Poison Swarm to 7000 AoE damage
    • It hurts a little now.
  • -HOTKEYS HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED!
    • They don't make positional sense. (e.g. QWER should be Row 2 (between 0,2 and 3,2), and TY should be in row 1 (1,1 to 3,1), in this regard. Easier to understand by the player, :) )
    • Also, most games using a QWERTY hotkey system are done so most-used is Q and least used (Usually Ult, or longest CD) is Y.
    • Furthermore, Vizel's Hotkeys are all over the place. Drunken Haze and Breath of Fire are a combination attack, and yet their hotkeys are "R" and "W" respectively. Storm, Earth, And Fire shares a Hotkey [T] with Tirna's Love! D: [Y] Appears to be unused.
    • Suggested Hotkeys for Vizel (My opinion based on mana-cost and situationally best usage):
      • Q = Drunken Haze
      • W = Breath of Fire
      • E = Tirna's Love
      • R = Flamlightning
      • T = Bar Fight!
      • Y = Storm, Earth, And Fire
    • Kevin's are actually very well done, imo. Only problem is that Inner Fire's hotkey is still F, and should be Y, even though it's Autocastable, it still costs 75 mana, so without unlim mana, I wouldn't be autocasting it all the time, :)
  • -Fixed the spell "Bar Fight!" now it deals damage instead of doing nothing
    • Sadly, I never notice this not doing damage before. I was too busy multi-boxing my heroes, ;)
  • -Storm's Duplicate Lightning now hits 5 targets instead of 3
    • Ooh, nifty.
  • -Storm's Wind Walk now deals 1000 damage up from 50 and 70% speed increase up from 30%
    • Yay, Finally! Worth using!
  • -Changed the chain effect of Flamlightning, looks more fiery than just red lightning
    • I like the change. Would be nice if the flame-chain was a little more noticeable, though. :)
  • -The last boss's island is now complete but the cinematic and spells have not yet been implemented
    • I couldn't get to it. Council bugged out.
  • -All damaging spells should harm wards now
    • This appears to be true. They hurt buildings too!
  • -All heroes can target Air units
    • Interesting. And I see why on the last boss' island.
  • -Increased the damage of Glaive Throw to 1000 up from 100
    • N/A
  • -Naga Experiment's Tornadoes of Doom spell now cyclones you for 2 seconds instead of 6 seconds
    • A BLESSED NERF!
  • -A tester has now been implemented, Lichy the Tester is now ready for service!
  • -Lichy the Tester's spells:
  • ~Super Blink: Blinks you anywhere on the map
  • ~My Ice Balls Can Split: Lichy's attack can now seperate hitting up to 100 enemies for 10000 - 99999 damage
  • ~Super Clone Me: Lichy can duplicate himself into 9 Lichys to test boss fights
  • ~END OF THE WORLD: Lichy can cast this spell but its only a 500 range radius that takes away 10% of the enemies health per second for 25 seconds, makes it faster to get through events and boss fights
    • I will laugh if you forget to remove this beast before beta release! This was helpful for testing.
  • -All towers do 1000 damage and have a range of 900
    • Glad there's some unification in this department.
  • -The revenant in Emerald Village is now on fire instead of frozen
    • Lol... I don't see why you did this, it was fine frozen, you just needed to.......unfreeze it is all. Or is this because you couldn't figure out how to do that? D:
  • -Sorasak Airstrider is now a 250 ranged attacker
    • Hmm...N/A
  • -Zul'Veron and Sorasak Airstrider attacks can now bounce up to 3 enemies
    • N/A
  • -the intro cinematic has been disabled, but you can enable it on the trigger section under Installation folder named Intro Cine
    • THE HEROES ARE STILL ON COOLDOWN FOR A LONG TIME! :ogre_rage:

YOU CAN RE-DOWNLOAD THE MAP NOW! Thank you.
BTW, I shall continue with my Vizel/Kevin Duo. It proves challenging and fun, while being efficient and doing what it needs to do. I enjoy it, :D

Okay, well, here we go. MY REVIEW:

Version: 0.04
Heroes: Vizel, Kevin
Handicaps: 2 heroes, ThereIsNoSpoon
Cheats: WhosYourDaddy for the repetitive trash mobs (AKA: Once I've faced everything once).

LIST:

• Cooldowns on the heroes still present without intro cine. Now you just sit there for ~80s waiting. Or use Lichy. >.>
  • Vizel's Hotkeys are botched. [T] is used twice and [Y] is unused.
  • Curiously, Kevin does more Damage than Vizel does? I'm not jealous, I'm just confused why a Healer is doing more damage than a DPS.
  • Lady Emily emotes twice per emote.... When she says "NOOOOO!" She says it twice. I forgot to mention this before, it's always been there. This actually appears to be the case for all the emotes like this.
  • Lady Emily now continues to attack during her little "You're stronger than appears!" defeat message... That could kill someone!
  • Rose still raped Kevin in like 2 shots, LOL. Damn, she hits him hard. Maybe it has to do with how I pulled her, considering the Healing one was out of range. It moves strangely. Like..it heals a couple times, then backs off.
  • Small units in Rose's area called "SUPERS" are fucking annoying. Auto attack aims for these 5000 Divine Armored, 5 billion hp regen little bunnies instead of the boss.
  • Vizel got locked out of the Silvia boss fight (Locks when Cara), and couldn't go further. Lichy shall continue the testing, since Kevin once more, got roflstomped. But this time cuz I was trying to figure out why I couldn't attack with Vizel, >.> Anyway, that needs to unlock, if someone gets locked out and can't continue, it would hurt the progress.
  • Naga give bounty on death! Worthless gold, :)
  • What does Mist of the Sea do? Looks like it slows my movement speed, this right?
  • During the Queen Sara fight, when she uses one of her moves (I'm not sure which, I think it's whatever stuns you), Lichy suddenly has Crow Form pop up on his abilities. Should be hidden. Furthermore, is she an optional boss? I think I could have ported via waygate without killing her (I didn't test it, I noticed during the fight when I accidentally bumped my mouse down).
  • Sara's Cine bugged out. The first thing she said disappeared instantly, and was replaced.
  • Tidal Guardians are towers, but still do 700 damage, not 1k, and still have 700 range instead of 900.
  • The Karina fight, as soon as you teleport into the room, you get stunned for 2 seconds instantly! >_<
  • There is so much going on during the council fight, I can even tell my finger from my knee. But there's a crazy amount of damage going around here.
  • Saving Sylvia for last, she is permanantly invulnerable. I quit here because of this.
There you go. Hope some great improvements can be made!

Last edited:
Level 5
@Vizel
-Will change CDs
-Will fix hotkeys
-I'll see to Emily's yell
-I'll fix her "gonna kill you during cinematic" for Emily
-Yeah, the Holy Rose kept on running away might as well just summon her units and figure out a away to remove them once they die
-Kill Silvia and the gate will unlock, make sure that you do the event to at the begining or if Silvia is still invulnerable then I will check it
-IDK how to change the bounty xD
-Mist of the Seas slows everyone down even your enemies but increases your attack speed
-Defskull made that spell lol it's called Electric Grip, how do you make it hidden?
-I'll look at the Sara cine
-I'll fix the naga towers
-I'll look into Silvia's invulnerable

The mobs in Emerald Village have buffs instead of Special Effects from triggers
I'll try to make the chain in Flamlightning more noticeable

Level 12
SHE WAS INVUL. I couldn't kill her, that was the problem.

I went through all three villages, killed every other boss, killed the second guardian, but when i went to face the three, and i saved her for last, she was perm. invul. SO I COULDN'T KILL HER. i waited 10m and she didn't go vulnerable.

Level 5
Fixed it, should work now the next update :)

EDIT: I put in a cool cinematic for when you kill the council, Anubris joins the fight for the council, makes it easier lol BUT something happens xP this is gonna be the last alpha as v0.09 next version after this one is gonna be v1.0 BETA xP Gonna finish up some stuff, add in the last boss spells maybe I'll upload it on Wednesday or Friday
YOU MUST USE LICHY IF YOU CAN'T SOLO CONTENT like Mistress Rose or her Flames lol Use End of the World, takes away like 10 of their HP per second, but lasy ALPHA version coming soon!

Last edited:
Level 12
It appears as though you've gotten hold of the wow xpac and are playing it instead of coming on here, not that I blame you, I did a similar thing for years.

Level 5
No, I don't have the money for it right now lol I have been busy studying for exams so I don't get enough time to work on it x.x
EDIT:
UPDATE V0.05
1 last update and feedback then its BETA time! I forgot what updates I had lol
-bosses and mini-bosses had their basic damage increased
-Nargashi is now ready for testing!
-there is now a cinematic at the beginning and end of the council fight
-Tyler got bored standing in front of the fire, he joins in the fight at a boss!
-Phoenix Wave now sends 4 phoenixes per second instead of 10
-if you are stuck, don't forget to use Lichy to help you!
-basic camp has be remodeled
-Lady Emily now does splash damage
[rainbow] IMPORTANT! Please test all the heroes[/rainbow]
You can re-download the map now! Thank you.

Level 12
Awesome.

You fix the issues I brought up during the last test I did?

Everything but the test all heroes thing I like, :p

Level 12
Damnit Def, i told you I DO NOT HAVE TIME. I go on vaca in a week. I gotta make sure to remind my boss soon so he doesn't put me on the schedule mistakenly.

right now i am relaxing since i haven't done so in 2 weeks for an extended period of time.

Level 12
Not angry. Annoyed that I have to say the same thing again and again. Comes from my time raid leading in wow.

Anyway I will test this map later.

Level 12
Bomberman, as in the old Super Nintendo franchise? O_O

How're you gonna pull that off, I wonder? Hehe.

Also, how many players, ^^

Level 12
Freakin awesome old games. Like, seriously amazing for the time-period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomberman#Gameplay

Apparently they're still making games, but I doubt they can live up to the "Super Bomberman" sub-series for the SNES. Just simply amazing. Story mode was challenging (Or so I remember, I was like...6.), and Multi-player mode NEVER got old, and was challenging in it's own rights.

I need to find Super Bomberman 2 for SNES. It's the one I had. Once I find that, my collection of SNES games will be complete (Since Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid are like $40 games, fuck that, I got an Emulator for them, kthx.)

Status
Not open for further replies.