• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Hero Arena] Survival/Arena Map, please let me know what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Arena of the World Breaker (Survival/Arena Map)

I began working on this map a few months ago and posted the incomplete version on this thread, but I have now completed it; the map is attached below. In this map you must simply survive longer than your opponents, you can engage them directly, or just avoid them and hope they get themselves killed! The map features a total of five bosses, if you can defeat the final boss your hero will ascend into a higher form, becoming stronger in every aspect. Have fun, and please let me know what you think!

Characters:

1.The Djinn
Powerful Djinn, adept at keeping himself alive and keeping everything under control with spritual magic.

2. The Tonka Truck
Siege Tank, good at dealing major damage to several enemies at once, and setting up powerful defenses to hold out his enemies.

3.The Lobster King
King of the Lobstrokk people, he is a very formidable warrior, nigh unbeatable in one-on-one combat, though he can be overwhelmed easily if engaged strategically.

4.The Sludge Thing
Sludge Monstrosity, good at spreading poisons over several monsters at once, and raising mini-sludges from the corpses of his enemies.

5. The Ghoul
The World Breaker's favourite pet out to play, this cunning hero is adept at stalking enemies before dealing with them swiftly, and brutally.

6. The Heavy Gunner
Ranged Hero, adept at mowing down powerful enemies in a short amount of time.

7. The Battle Peon
A peon who just couldn't take his oppression anymore, this labourer now deals peon justice with his trusty work hammer. He is not the fastest of heroes, but he hits hard.

8. The Relic
This hero had his identity stolen by the World Breaker, and was reformed into a primeval beast, though he still retains advanced knowledge of cold magic from his past life. He now seeks revenge, hoping that defeating the World Breaker will return his identity.

Bosses

1.Gargoyle
King of the Corrupted Land, he is the only ranged member of the Four Kings, and can be very hard to escape from if you underestimate him.

2.Abominus
King of the Mountains, he is the largest and slowest of the Four Kings, but definitely hits the hardest. Should only be engaged if you know exactly how to deal with his high damage.

3.Zej'Tabar
King of the Troll Jungle, he is able to quickly destroy his enemies with a decent attack speed, and is surrounded by his smaller allies, make sure you deal with them before you try to fight him.

4.Boss Jaxxiz
King of the Goblin Works Site, he is essentially, really big, and really angry. He doesn't have as much health as the other Three Kings, but can hit hard and fast. Make sure you can pin him down before you engage.

5.The World Breaker
The World Breaker is the strongest enemy on the map, wielding a divine power that is passed on to whatever hero can defeat it. He can spawn tentacles to attack you, and charm any minions you try to use against him. Should not be encountered until late in the game.

Thank you for reading, and please let me know what you think! I will continue to update this map regularly!

Attachments

• WildSurvival.w3x
    309.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 1
So, I have officially completed this map (though I will continue to update it regularly) please give it a try and let me know what you think, to help me improve it in any way possible!

Level 1
Thanks to both of you, I have shortened the filename length, and should have screenshots up soon! I also updated the file in the original thread, so that you can select from three camera angles upon selecting your character, to better suit your playstyles. :ogre_haosis:

Status
Not open for further replies.