• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummy buffer ability + buffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
what the best option if i want make example 20 custom buff?

question:
enough 1 custom ability (lets say based on Rejuvantion) and set to lv20 and each level give different buff? coz i tryed and idk why dont show more than 1 buff.

Buff can be same based buff? example all 20 buff can be based on roar?

If buff based on roar than dont show on unit if somebody use another roar based buff or original buff?

(i need mainly the buff for checking with trigger, not really for showing the minicon near hero portrait)

Level 17
you need only 1 buff to check with triggers...
imo, you cant have more than 1 buff (showing) in a level 1 spell...

like i said i need 20 buff but we can say many coz isnt defined yet.

question was i can put with a ability more buff(with leveling ability with trigger) to target

Attachments

• buff.JPG
    buff.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 152
Level 20
1- Why do you need so many buff?
This is a good detail you should share, maybe you're trying to achieve something in a way that's not so efficient.

2- Yes, you can have as many buff as you want, in the same ability (in different levels of course). As far as i Know, yes, these can be based on the same buff, though some are harcoded (doesn't allow changes)

Level 17
You need to set level of spell before you cast it on unit.

ok this is obviously but still dont appear only 1 icon and every trigger lv the buffer ability to different level (like in screenshot different ability level = different buff what based on roar just new custom buff with new name)

how look this:
Hero got atm 8 dummy ability all based on channel (all got different base order id)
-8 trigger, each check if dummy ability casted then create a dummy unit - add buffer ability to dummy unit and level it (depend what buff i want, example crtitical strike=lv1 ability, str buff=lv5 ability), order dummy unit to triggering unit and another heroes around you.

each level of buffer ability got different duration (example lv1 =15sec,lv2=300sec lv3=30sec) but sometimes dummy unit buffed me and buff disappeared in half second (just watched a little icon blinked 1x)

Level 29
actually a buff is also an ability, as you can see in jass code...
JASS:
function UnitHasBuffBJ takes unit whichUnit, integer buffcode returns boolean
    return (GetUnitAbilityLevel(whichUnit, buffcode) > 0)
endfunction

if you wanna do eye candy then you can adjust sfx for every level and if
trigger purposes, then >>> GetUnitAbilityLevel will do...

Level 17
actually a buff is also an ability, as you can see in jass code...
JASS:
function UnitHasBuffBJ takes unit whichUnit, integer buffcode returns boolean
    return (GetUnitAbilityLevel(whichUnit, buffcode) > 0)
endfunction

if you wanna do eye candy then you can adjust sfx for every level and if
trigger purposes, then >>> GetUnitAbilityLevel will do...

the difference is the ability permanent and buff is timed, this is why important coz its like a timer on ability effects (example i do slow on a unit and unitl he got slow buff i deal double damage on him, for buff dont need timer/triggersleep(wait) and remove it, its over if duration is expired without trigger)

Status
Not open for further replies.