1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ability and Buff Question

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Pwnica, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Pwnica

Pwnica

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, i have a quick question about about a Ability buff stack for example

i have 2 Spells Based on Acid Bomb
    one reduce the Armor of the Target,
    And the Other one does Periodic Damage...

if i do custom Buffs for both does it Stack on the Same Time?

Sorry for my Bad english and also im new Here dont Punish me :ogre_haosis:

2. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try it out yourself, it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to test. But yes, most things do stack and I assume Acid Bomb will stack as well.

That being said a unit will have problems if you give it 2+ of the same ability (really it's the order id that's important). That problem can be avoided using Dummy units and triggered abilities.

3. Pwnica

Pwnica

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thx Uncle yes of Course i Can Test ist myself but maybe there is a way to avoid it or something :)
    No i think about two different Heros cuz i like Acid Bomb for different Effects on this ability and i was not sure all i found was the half of People Said it works the others Said its not stackable.. :)

4. DoomBlade

DoomBlade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes buffs "stack", if they have different buffs set in the ability buff field. But if 2 players have the same hero and both use acid bomb that have the periodic damage, then they won't stack.

That being said, triggered damage is the ultimate solution if you wanna make everything stack. This can be achieved with Locals, Dymanic Indexing or Hashtables.

Same goes with Heal over time, armor buffs, etc.

5. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Unique Buff stacking from the same base ability was patched into the game with V1.30. It was released in Aug 2018. Before that version, only a small group of abilities had that behaviour. Therefore you will encounter different statments when searching for that.

6. Pwnica

Pwnica

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for all Anwsers, now i Understand Things better... about the patches i dont know evrything i started mapping a few months ago and i understand i Can trigger some effects my self with dummys/Loops but the Visual Effect for the Armor decrease (Red Numbers -) i want to hold :)

7. Dark-Zalor

Dark-Zalor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes some buffs stacks, It is one of the few good things given by Blizzard and reforged...
    I made a test a few month ago. Some orb Effects and Buff Placers does not stack like Envenomed Spears..

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020