• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Different Buffs Overlapping/Not Stacking..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For some reason, abilities that were made from the same base ability don't seem to stack when I give them different buffs/debuffs. For example, let's say you have 2 custom abilities that were made from Acid Bomb and you give one of each to a seperate unit (this isn't an order string problem). Both these acid bomb abilities are given different buffs, yet if you have both units cast their spells on the same unit then only one of the debuffs will remain on the unit while the other is removed upon casting. In a game like dota with all the available heroes and spells that somewhere along the lines a base ability is used more than once for buffs or debuffs....so what am I missing here? There has to be a way around this...

Level 8
No there is no way around this . There are no stacking buffs in Warcraft III , but i've seen a system allowing this i think.Check WC3C.net out , i think i've seen it there as far as i can remember. But otherways it is not possible.

Else it is if you trigger the ability like Dotaspells are done, but they are also don't show i indefinite number of buffs or have you seen a Unit with 2 Stunbuffs?

Level 3
hmm...what garbage. Annoying how I'll have to go back and trigger a bunch of abilities unnecessarily now. I've already used Acid Bomb as the base ability for a number of spells already...meh

Level 9
I believe the problem lies either in the order string, or in the "debuff" used. (buffs/effects in the object editor). You could try what it does when you base the debuffs used off two different "buffs" (from two different abilities that is). Perhaps, that way you'll get different debuff raw values.

Level 3
I believe the problem lies either in the order string, or in the "debuff" used. (buffs/effects in the object editor). You could try what it does when you base the debuffs used off two different "buffs" (from two different abilities that is). Perhaps, that way you'll get different debuff raw values.

It's not the order string...order string problems occur if 2 abilities from the same base ability are on the same unit. This is a case of 2 seperate units entirely using 2 different abilities that are from the same base ability.

If you mean making seperate debuffs for each different ability, then there is where the problem lies. This is currently what I'm doing and is why I'm posting in the first place. It seems each time you make a custom ability, you are going to have to use a different base ability every time. Which would be really annoying seeing as how alot of abilities really aren't that versatile. Guess I'll just have to use JASS to needlessly make everything more complicated than what they need to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.