• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Abolish Not Autocasting Against Certain Debuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am having two problems relating to Abolish Magic.

Firstly, I noticed that unit with the Abolish Magic will not autocast it to remove an ability which is based on Soul Burn.
The buff CAN be dispelled successfully if it's manually cast, but the unit just won't autocast it. (Spell steal Priority is 8, so pretty high if that matters).

Secondly, there is another debuff which is based on Acid Bomb. That one not only won't get auto-targeted but can't be dispelled at all. I've never heard of anyone saying that Acid Bomb can't be dispelled before. Is that hardcoded somewhere?

I know how to trigger this so that a manual dispel works, but I would really like for the autocast to work successfully in both of these cases.

Level 14
Abolish Magic will auto-cast on manually casted spells like rejuvenation and cripple.

I think the reason for this is because Abolish Magic does not auto-cast on hero abilities and custom abilities based off them. But IIRC works for the built-in neutral hostile versions of them. Your best bet would be to do what Melth suggested and use a dummy with custom abilities. Then have them apply spells with similar buffs. For example the neutral hostile versions of Howl of Terror (damage reduction and damage over time via negative life regeneration rate) and Silence.

Level 8
I was afraid that would be the only option.

My concern is that when there are a lot of debuff spells being thrown around AND a lot of dummy casters inflicting other debuffs, it gets very easy to use up the game's limited number of useful debuff spells and then run into problems with things not stacking as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.