• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

can i make buff not be effected by abolish magic/ dispell magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I do not know, but I can make a guess.

If I recall there is a "priority" field in the object editor. I think it refers to which buff will be dispelled first, maybe putting a "0" there will make it un-dispellable.
edit: hm, seems like that was for Spellsteal only.
You could use a workaround though. Detect when dispell ability is being cast, check if target has buff then wait 0.00 seconds and make a dummy recast the ability.
Sadly this would reset the duration, so you'd have to work around that as well (which is possible with a simple counter variable).

Overall, to my knowledge there does not seem to be a perfect solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.