• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability using original buff bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well I think I've found yet another anoying WE bug.

Example: I created costum spell based off the Cloud ability, I also created a costum buff based off the Cloud buff but changed the target art so it looks like the slow spell effect. When tested the art effects do not show. (I have checked and the ability is definitly referencing my costum buff so it can't be that).

But, if I change the art models on the original Cloud buff and switch the ability to reference it's original Cloud Buff it works fine and I can see the desired effects.

Does the editor only reference original buffs for certain spells and is this another hard coded bug? I'm realy hoping this is not a bug :/

Level 7
Please find attached a test map with the Cloud Buff Bug included. If you open up the map in the editor you will see I have created a Slow Area of Effect spell based off the Dragon Hawks Cloud ability, this spell has a costum buff attached that is supposed to show the Slow (Target) model on the units with this buff. However it reverts back to the original cloud buff not the costum buff (Model) I have specifed.

Remember it's the models that are bugged not the actual buff icon that displays in the UI, the buff icons display fine which makes this all the more strange. I have changed the original cloud buff to have a farie Fire target model so you can see what I mean. When you cast Slow Area of effect the targets will show Faire fire effect when they should show Slow models.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=qar98p

Level 7
Yep I'm using a dummy Aura ability, currently just based off the Tornado ability as I'm not good enough at triggers to base it off channel. It's anoying that there are so many bugs in the world editor, I realy seem to be coming accross alot these days.

I have also noticed this is bugged for the Dreadlords Rain of fire ability if you try and change any effects off that on a costum abil it will also revert back to default.

Level 20
Because it's Wc3! Thats's why you expect something else. Things happen... you can find another way to achieve what you want, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.