• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SOLVED] How to track the source unit of a buff (a unit who use the buff to attack)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi.

I'm currently designing a passive ability: A attack B, then B will get a Buff until it died, and unit C will be born from B.

Imagine "Zombie" killed human, then the human becomes a zombie.

But the question is if there are multiple "zombie" players, how do I know the latest buff come from? How do I know the owner of the last buff?
I want to create the zombie for the last player who apply the zombie virus (not the last unit who attack the zombie) to the dead human, but I need to track the source unit of that buff.

Or the question is: "Is there any event to know who is adding a buff to another unit?"

I'm currently using ability disease cloud ('Aap1') as my template.

Thank you for any help!

2018-8-10 11:15:08 Edit:

I've got another thread about this ([Spell] - A unit takes damage issue - disease cloud - GUI (~SOLVED)), the question has been solved.

Last edited:
Level 13
Ever try out the Black Arrow spell?
You can make it melee with no missile, cost no mana, and deal no damage. Whenever a unit is killed with the debuff from that spell, it creates a unit of your choice (in this case, a zombie)
I think you can also do this with the item ability for black arrow, making it a passive instead of autocast ability.

Level 3
Ever try out the Black Arrow spell?
You can make it melee with no missile, cost no mana, and deal no damage. Whenever a unit is killed with the debuff from that spell, it creates a unit of your choice (in this case, a zombie)
I think you can also do this with the item ability for black arrow, making it a passive instead of autocast ability.
Great help! Thank you! I'll try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.