• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Disease Cloud ability with 3 tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So, I figure I've done it. Hero Ability based on Disease Cloud, 3 levels, autofilled all the details and so on.

Two things:

I've got 1 damage for level 1, 1.5 for level 2 and 2 for level 3. The second I walk up to an enemy unit with a level 3 Disease Cloud, it starts to tick away, as one would expect. 2 first, but then it starts to accelerate. 2-3-5-10-15 (or something along those lines) and so on damage per second. What gives? The ability at level 3 has a flat 2 damage. I checked. Is there a reason it starts off as expected and suddenly shoots off like that?

Edit: I should probably mention that this isn't strictly an issue with just level 3. It shoots off like that with every level of the ability.

Also, I've tried replacing whatever Plague Wards, buffs etc. is set for the spell with custom Wards and buffs to get another description for the effect on the enemy. It flat out does not work. If I change the original Wards and buffs (name, description, icon, abilities etc.), it shows up in the Disease Cloud buff description when viewing the enemy units in-game. If I copy all of it and replace it with custom buffs, Wards and Ward abilities, I get a standard Disease Cloud description. I followed the recipe of another dude, who claimed to get it working. Well, it didn't. What gives?

Level 6
Hello I tried to edit Disease Cloud too, from what i can tell this skill is hard coded . You can use Permanent Immolation instead .
And I literally don't get it. The skill might be hard coded, but there isn't a single bit of difference between a standard Disease Cloud and a level 1 Hero Ability Disease Cloud. They have identical stats, but as a Hero Ability, it goes haywire.

And I literally don't get it. The skill might be hard coded, but there isn't a single bit of difference between a standard Disease Cloud and a level 1 Hero Ability Disease Cloud. They have identical stats, but as a Hero Ability, it goes haywire.
Is easy to use Permanent Immolation. Because, as far as I know, you can't change the Disease Cloud's buff. Some skills are hard coded and you will not be able to make then work to well like Death Coil or Holy Light

Status
Not open for further replies.