• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disease Cloud Effect: Help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This thread was left unsolved and is now closed:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/disease-cloud-help-52810/

It concerns the Disease cloud ability, and how you can't seem to have custom buffs for the ability. Instead, they all refer to the default "Disease" buff. Can anyone who knows what they're talking about tell me if this is natural for Disease cloud, and any way around it? I can't finish my map without a solution to this incredibly annoying problem.

Thanks;
-Axel

Level 4
well on the other thread they talked about buffs and you figured out that part but wat it seemed like you didnt do was look at in the object editor under your custom ability that disease cloud creates a unit around it. Its under "Data- Plague Ward Unit Type" so you should edit the unit under undead, special, Disease Cloud, and cange its model file to your custom model file. Oh and i just read the thread more and you cant get the buff to say virus insead of diseased? Thats odd cuz i edited this in my game and made it say pumba's fart lol and it worked so if you write custom tooltips in your buff it should work too. Did you rename your custom buff to virus so you dont get them confused? You might have made a simple error like that (I tend to do that a lot)

Level 4
Thanks for the reply. Although his problem is the same as mine, the guy who started the thread in the link, "fullmetal 09", isn't me. I'm quite aware that the Disease cloud (Meat Wagon) effect creates a plague ward on impact and the "Disease Cloud" ability is given to the ward. This ability in turn has the buff "Disease", with which you can change the Target Art of the unit affected by the Disease Cloud. However, I have multiple wards, each with different Disease abilities and buffs. The buffs for all these don't work, they instead refer to the default "Disease". The problem then only concerns this "Disease" buff. And no, the problem is not naming the buffs, its having multiple different Target Art instead of all of them referring to that assigned in "Disease".

{EDIT}
I actually found an alternate method that yields the same results. This is for anyone with the same problem:

Use the Disease cloud ability and its plague ward, but instead of giving the ward the ability "Disease Cloud", give it "Phoenix Fire". You can change the projectile art (if you want there to be a projectile), the area of effect, its duration, damage, and targets allowed. But more importantly, you can have multiple different Target Art by giving it the proper buff and tooltips.

I guess the Disease cloud ability and buff are just buggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.