1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Duel of Gods v2.00

Submitted by Darkfang
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Darkfang Presents!:

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Screenshots
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Stats
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Core Items

Attack Items
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Magic Items
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Defensive Items
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Jungler Items

[​IMG][​IMG]

Consumables
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

If you get to know about any bug or just want to make a comment just go ahead, write in this thread, PM me or write an email to Darkfangmapper@gmail.com
Also if you want to make a contributtion to the main game thread just go into the map development section, I am currently searching for skilled programmers, 3d modelers and someone who can help me make a decent AI. Also if you have any idea or concept for any hero, item or mode you are welcome too! any help is appreciated!... also I need a team ha ha ha ha :3

Forum: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/multimap-duel-gods-275032/

Darkfang

Keywords:
Duel, of, Gods, Deadly, Hate, Dark, fang, darkfang, AoS, Hero Siege, Hero, Siege, lol, betternerfirelia
Contents

Duel of Gods v2.00 (Map)

Reviews
12:21, 16th Jan 2014 Hell_Master: My old review was this: Review but seeing that there is a new update, the rating still is the same due to that the added updates are quite few and not much can score higher than 4/5 still. But map approved! If you...
  1. btdonald

btdonald

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Finally 2.0 after your awful sick LOL

2. qq694284743

qq694284743

Resources:
    Resources:
    A map is good, I play. Equipment is complete. Hero is too little, choose hero appeared some bugs.

3. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Duel of Gods is a hero defense game where two teams of hero fight for victory each player controlling a hero. It features a very well done item shop description where new players can easily see which items are being used for what purposes (Attack, Defense etc). The item shops are very well organised.
    I only played Bowrunner and the abilities are well customised, although so minor bugs like damage delay on hit.
    The game has a fairly average pace and acceptable.
    I will rate this map 4/5.

4. Hexed

Hexed

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow. A lot have improved. Good job

5. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks, yeah I haven't updated it in a longg time, the last time I was making a new hero (Shadow Hunter) the PC crashed and I got frustrated, it takes me a lot of time just to make 1 hero -1 passive, 3 basic abilities, 2 ultimates-).

6. Hexed

Hexed

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know how long and frustrating making a hero is. Same with mine, takes time to make 1

7. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I wish we could mix our maps, I love your AI, some of your items and heroes but I do not like the elemental system xD (I just say it because as a team we could take turns to improve the map), it is easier to map with a team :p

(the hard part is to be coordinated)

8. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey man (Darkfang) do you still work on this ?
    I like many things on this map ! :)

9. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    From time to time, I am working on a new hero, but meh, I need a team to work in this :s
    I might release an update tonight

10. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm if i were you guys, i wouldnt focus on making so many heroes, instead i would focus on making each hero unique, with unique stats, skills etc. For example skills that require skill from the players, something like Mirana's arrow in dota and Pudge's Hook, generally skills that require timing and positioning. Also i would focus on providing build diversity for each hero, what i mean? for example being able to play the same hero differently. You can do this by making skills that scale with many different stats instead of one. Ill give an example to make it easier to understand.
    Imagine Pudge's hook. Dmg scaling with STR, length scaling with STR, travel speed scaling with AGI, cooldown scaling with INT. This way a skill becomes wayyy more complicated and in depth and it offers build options.

I personally have zero developer's skill but i can help with ideas if you guys want. Currently im not playing this moba but i plan to give a detailed feedback to it since i it :)

11. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Uh? if
    Uh? hahahaha you haven't played it yet, okok, If you noticed my heroes scale with many stats (and there are a LOT of different stats on my map). Some have abilities that scale with AD or SP, others with main stats, etc. You can build full tank if you prefer also, it all depends. I recommend you to play this in Siege Mode + Test Mode since I have no AI by now, unless you play with friends.

12. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played Anub' Arac for 30 minutes (maxed lvl etc). His skills scale with STR, but what i commented above is even more in depth if you read it. The example with Hook.
    BTW as i said i like your map, i just suggest how u can make things more in depth.

13. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am a little bit limited because I work with GUI, and making an ability that scales with so many stats is hard.

And yeah, the Crypt Lord is like that for balance porpuses, he deals way too much damage while tanking too much and I had to nerf him like 12 times (no jokes).

14. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    What is AD? Attack Damage?

15. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah.. If you check I added all these stats that are measurable:

Attack Damage
    Critical Strike Chance
    Bashing Strike Chance
    Cleaving Attack
    Attack Force
    Aim Chance
    Armor
    Spell Power
    Critical Cast
    Bashing Cast
    Lock Chance
    Magic Pen
    Armor Pen
    ETC....

16. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where did you add these info man?...

Below i have questions and suggetions :)

---

Crypt Lord's skill Spike Carapace says ignore dmg based on LP.. whats LP?.. Life Points?..... :/

Temper reduces the chance to get Bashed and Critical?

What are F2 and F3?...

How exactly does armor work? 1 armor = 1 dmg? so if i have 100 armor then thats -100 AD from my enemy?

At the begginers shop where you have basic +STR/AGI/INT items there is a wrong description. Secret Bag says +3 INT but it gives +15 INT (as it should).

How to see movement speed?..
    Generally it would be good if you add a tomb or whatever where ppl can read in detail all the infos they need to know.

You know one of the aspects i hate about dota is that consumables take item slots. Since you decided to copy the wards feature that exists in dota i think you should provide 2-3 consumable slots too. You can create something like a backpack with F2 where players can put their consumables.

I checked The Warden and compre to Crypt Lord she is more one dimensional. All her skills are based on AGI, which makes sense ofc and its not a bad thing, but it would be cool is she had more diverse functions too. Like, a skill or an effect that scales with INT, Movement speed or whatever.

Also i dont like the fact that towers show their range. You should keep this aspect like in Dota :)

17. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It is all explained in the tabs below the map description

LP Yes LP is Life Points, I should change it to HP

Temper reduces % the chance of getting bashed or receiving a critical hit, if you have 50% Temper (the regular cap) and the enemy has 30% crit chance, then in the damage calculation he will only have 15% (reduced by 50% equal to the amount of temper yo have), this means that to totally reduce the chance of receiving a crit in any situation you must have 100% temper, which is imposible for now.

Armor works the same that in regular WC3, just that it only works for heroes; in wc3 each armor point had a multiplier of 6%, here it has a multiplier of 1%, you can search the formula on any WC3 forum. I also capped the max daage reduction armor can grant for up to 75%.

Secret Bag: Thanks for the bug I will fix it xD, didn't know about that one.

How to see Movement Speed: like in dota, type "-MS"

I won't add an special item slot for consumables
    , but I might add some lategame item that can accomplish those functions, in the same way the Relic of Teleportation covers the role of the teleport scrolls.

Warden abilities scale with AD (attack damage) she is supposed to be an assasin or a DPS fighter, as stated before, even when you have only one type of scaling it doesn't mean that you can't build differently, because there are many items that interact with physical damage and many others that interact with magic damage, others that interact with summoned units, etc. The Warden can build tanky and do a lot of harm during fights, she can build as an Assasin specialiced in AD criticals, since even physical abilities can land Crits. She can go full poisons with Shadowblade and Fireking Scimitar, she can build a little bit hybrid with Critical Cast to allow her E (Shadow Strike) to do some critical damage (which is disabled when she enters in Vengeance form so it is not a good idea), she can go full bash to be super annoying, etc.

I like the towers showing their range, I took my time making the indicator so I will keep using it.

You haven't explored the tabs below that explain the items and the stats.

18. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    -MS command doesnt show your movement speed...

I still havent found those tabs with infos... are you sure u added them ?:)
    In the game, on the top left of the map (in the space) i found some info but thats not what i meant by detailed info. What i meant is like:
    Temper -> reduces your chance to receive critical hit and get bashed. Caps at X amount/%.

Tenacity -> ?

Integrity -> ?

Lock Chance -> ?

etc....

Dont be underwhelmed or anything because of my feedback. I just think its hard for ppl to get to new things, people usually stick to what they already know and what is being played by the most. Thats why i think new infos such as the one your map provides should be explained so that its easier for ppl to get into it.
    The map is very beautiful, maybe it could be a little darker/intense colors but still its beautiful.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  19. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Below Screenshots

There is Stats

And then there is another tab for core items

All of the basic items explain what their main stat does.

The basic Temper item explains what Temper does, Lock Chance prevents magic damage from being denied via Negation chance (which is like Evasion for magic damage), Aim Chance is the same that Lock Chance is but it works for physical damage. ETC, as I said, the tab is there, I don't know why u can't see it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    well... you meant here in forum... i was checking in-game.... nice.......