• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Duel of Gods v2.00

Darkfang Presents!:

DogFeatures.jpg

EntireMap.jpg

Dueling%21.jpg

WarPointsShop.jpg

Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

Screenshot3.jpg

Screenshot4.jpg

Screenshot5.jpg

Screenshot6.jpg

Screenshot7.jpg

Screenshot8.jpg
Screenshot9.jpg
Screenshot10.jpg

Screenshot11.jpg
Screenshot12.jpg
Screenshot13.jpg
Screenshot14.jpg
Screenshot15.jpg

AttackStats1.jpg

AttackStats2.jpg

MagicStats1.jpg

MagicStats2.jpg

DefStats1.jpg

DefStats2.jpg

AttackCore1.jpg

AttackCore2.jpg

AttackCore3.jpg

MagicCore1.jpg

MagicCore2.jpg

MagicCore3.jpg

MagicCore4.jpg

DefCore1.jpg

DefCore2.jpg

JunglerItems.jpg
JunglerShop.jpg

ConsumableItems.jpg

ConsumablesShop.jpg

If you get to know about any bug or just want to make a comment just go ahead, write in this thread, PM me or write an email to [email protected]
Also if you want to make a contributtion to the main game thread just go into the map development section, I am currently searching for skilled programmers, 3d modelers and someone who can help me make a decent AI. Also if you have any idea or concept for any hero, item or mode you are welcome too! any help is appreciated!... also I need a team ha ha ha ha :3

Forum: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/multimap-duel-gods-275032/

Darkfang

Keywords:
Duel, of, Gods, Deadly, Hate, Dark, fang, darkfang, AoS, Hero Siege, Hero, Siege, lol, betternerfirelia
Contents

Duel of Gods v2.00 (Map)

Reviews
12:21, 16th Jan 2014 Hell_Master: My old review was this: Review but seeing that there is a new update, the rating still is the same due to that the added updates are quite few and not much can score higher than 4/5 still. But map approved! If you...
Level 4
Here's what I got. :D

-What are peguins for?
-Improve the hero icon's position in Tavern. (some are speaded)
-Not sure if intended but the circle of power is a "WORKER" type so the icon shows? (In my case, it's useless. it got nothing to offer - also no Inventory)
-I think its better to see all taverns in the screen without moving the camera.
-Some units have a very very small HP bar. (try making them buildings - if you want to face them in the direction you want, unit > face direction > change to building)
-Some tooltips are broken/can't show all contents (ex. Black Arrow - Sylvanas)
-I think your creep's attack speed are to slow. It's no fun to watch them battle one another and their missile speed is also too slow. :D
-Damage have no range. (Dark Lady - damage at lvl 1 is 62-62)
-Gold gained on creeps is also too constant, it would be nice to see a variety. :D
-Add a multiboard if you can. (that addition would be nice)
-Add a kill system also. (not sure if there are any :D just played alone)
-Your icons are imported badly/bad. they just show a BLACK icon if inactive and can get confusing.
-Your shop on a shop also looks good. (a "back" function would be nice)
-You can't buy if no Hero is nearby in the base
-No friendly fire (can attack and kill allies at full HP)
-Add more heroes. :D (still very few heroes to choose)
-Add more items. :D (still very few items to choose)
-Add AI's :D. it's gonna be fun

This is what I've got so far. :D still a lot of room for improvement.

(map takes very long to load and save on editor) XD

*I love PENGUINS! xD, I wish I has a model of Ghunter from HDA.
*Gonna fix that hero-icons thingy.
-Done (they are all on a screen now)-
-Done, and will make that with the shops.
-Yeah the activate/deactivate, the tooltip is too large, thats why, ill fix it.
-The minions in my map have some features; their missiles are slow to allow a player to farm more easily, besides Ive added a modifier so if a player hits a low life minion with certain amount of damage the minion will die, it makes farming easier, about denying minions; if you want to do so you will have to make a trade with your enemy laner or poke him.
*About non-variable attack damage; well there is a reason; to measure flat attack damage, as it is taken in count for spells; by example Sylvanas Dark Minions deal more damage the more AD (attack damage) she has, the same goes for her Life Drain, wich also works with Spell Power.
*I will try, but Im not good at it.
*The icons on black are made on purpose; to save space, it is just for the icons of the shop, ive saved for an about of 140 kb with that xD.
*Yeah, I tried to add an inventory to the Circle of Power but it bugs, I think I know why.
*There are 16 heroes now, for me it takes a lot to make just one, if you can give me ideas it is good; 1 hero, 1 innate passive, 3 base abilities, 1 level 6, 1 ultimate. And the concept, and everything.. e.e t.t
*Yeah, I need to add a lot more items, but it also takes time, because of the stat detection, maybe you could make a system from my current one (GUI) to JASS, it will help us both xD
*Help me with the AI please t.t

I dont know if you noticed all the custom stats and all the other things going! Ah, and the DUEL option, but I need to make something to make the player NOTICE they can duel, maybe a great neon sign that says; click here to duel! xD

Here's what I got. :D

-What are peguins for?
-Improve the hero icon's position in Tavern. (some are speaded)
-Not sure if intended but the circle of power is a "WORKER" type so the icon shows? (In my case, it's useless. it got nothing to offer - also no Inventory)
-I think its better to see all taverns in the screen without moving the camera.
-Some units have a very very small HP bar. (try making them buildings - if you want to face them in the direction you want, unit > face direction > change to building)
-Some tooltips are broken/can't show all contents (ex. Black Arrow - Sylvanas)
-I think your creep's attack speed are to slow. It's no fun to watch them battle one another and their missile speed is also too slow. :D
-Damage have no range. (Dark Lady - damage at lvl 1 is 62-62)
-Gold gained on creeps is also too constant, it would be nice to see a variety. :D
-Add a multiboard if you can. (that addition would be nice)
-Add a kill system also. (not sure if there are any :D just played alone)
-Your icons are imported badly/bad. they just show a BLACK icon if inactive and can get confusing.
-Your shop on a shop also looks good. (a "back" function would be nice)
-You can't buy if no Hero is nearby in the base
-No friendly fire (can attack and kill allies at full HP)
-Add more heroes. :D (still very few heroes to choose)
-Add more items. :D (still very few items to choose)
-Add AI's :D. it's gonna be fun

This is what I've got so far. :D still a lot of room for improvement.

(map takes very long to load and save on editor) XD

Level 10
ok, I do not know if this is because of me, but when we played this map on the last inwc Funmap Evening me and also some other people experienced severe fps and performance loss after ~20 - 30 min of playing. At the start my framerate was normal 60 - 55 fps but went down with time to 20 - 25 fps, thats when I disconnected (on purpose, so no crash) from the game. If I recall right others got dc's with 'not enough memory' error messages.

I do not know the reason but I doubt it's my hardware as I played on a pretty high performance laptop.

ok, I do not know if this is because of me, but when we played this map on the last inwc Funmap Evening me and also some other people experienced severe fps and performance loss after ~20 - 30 min of playing. At the start my framerate was normal 60 - 55 fps but went down with time to 20 - 25 fps, thats when I disconnected (on purpose, so no crash) from the game. If I recall right others got dc's with 'not enough memory' error messages.

I do not know the reason but I doubt it's my hardware as I played on a pretty high performance laptop.

Im fixing a lot of bugs, but I have been dissapointed of the community a bit, it is TOO HARD to find someone to help with AI making, I dont know anything about it and im pretty much making the map alone. Still, the new version will have 5 new heroes, new terrain, jungle items, an option to change the creep types per lane, new jungle monsters and some commands, as well as a more detailed info into the Duel System wich is already on the game.

Level 3
Adding Duel Mode will improve Gameplay at a point.
The spell needs more variations and the hero needs more sorts of growth rates and you might considers their roles in a game??

And a 5/5 for your fast recipe in game which will paced up the game at a very fast rate, adding excitement to the game.

Updapted; fixed a tooltip error in the Strategist (Killian), added a new hero, the Burning Lady (Iris) Alliance, fixed some bugs with the Primigenian Offspring monster.

EDIT: uploaded an older version, sorry, also fixed a bug in the Shadowblade item.

EDIT: fixed some stuff, nerfed Iris, she was OP, nerfed other things, buffed Jaina. Make some comments about balance.

Last edited:
Level 1
Annoying bug.
- When you join the duel and get kicked out because another team doesn't join. You will get a PERMANENT INVULNERABLE!!!.
- Sometime, players can have 2 hero at the same time. Don't know how this happened.

Annoying bug.
- When you join the duel and get kicked out because another team doesn't join. You will get a PERMANENT INVULNERABLE!!!.
- Sometime, players can have 2 hero at the same time. Don't know how this happened.

Tell me which hero was picked for that double hero bug.
I will fix the invulnerable hero bug right away updapted.

UPDAPTED: fixed bugs with Cenarius, fixed bugs with some items, now I have to fix a rare bug with the Hellskull and other im searching for testers to help me out.

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Antonidas, the royal master? Why would you name the character antonidas?
Also what is a royal master?

I haven't played this map btw. I'm just commenting about the name and class description.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

He was the master of Kael, KelThuzad Jaina and others

You learn something new each day. Didn't know that kelthuzad was banished by antonidas. as always, warcraft lore keeps impressing.

Does the map use warcraft lore?
Or its some altered version of it?

Also I don't know if its fair to say that your map is better than dota. As always, taste and flavor is relative to a person.
In mechanics, it very well might be since you have spell power in. But that mechanic doesn't make a map better.
IMO LoL isn't superior to dota just because it has more modifiers in. Its one hell of a game, but not better or worse than dota.
Again, we're talking semantics. To each their own

Level 2
The map is great, the idea of the items shops of been able to buy all the required items from the same shop was one of the reasons why i always disliked DoTA, but this map really solve the problem

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Really impressive.The skills are really cool...but not so...umm can't find the word....yeah...Original.I mean yeah they are original in a way,but not so much.The spells should show the hero's own affiliation.You know what i mean.But anyway spells are momently good.Now,heroes arent too many.Create more heroes.Items are really awesome.The design of the terrain...thats awesome too...the form of the terrain it is similar to a map from League of legends...i think the crystal scar or something...anyway the map needs minor repairs.Btw if you wanna play my AoS,War of Sanctity....then do it ;) http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/war-sanctity-272635/

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Mmmm new update? Going to test it ;)

Level 15
Duel of Gods is a hero defense game where two teams of hero fight for victory each player controlling a hero. It features a very well done item shop description where new players can easily see which items are being used for what purposes (Attack, Defense etc). The item shops are very well organised.
I only played Bowrunner and the abilities are well customised, although so minor bugs like damage delay on hit.
The game has a fairly average pace and acceptable.
I will rate this map 4/5.

Level 4
Thanks, yeah I haven't updated it in a longg time, the last time I was making a new hero (Shadow Hunter) the PC crashed and I got frustrated, it takes me a lot of time just to make 1 hero -1 passive, 3 basic abilities, 2 ultimates-).
I know how long and frustrating making a hero is. Same with mine, takes time to make 1

Level 1
hmmm if i were you guys, i wouldnt focus on making so many heroes, instead i would focus on making each hero unique, with unique stats, skills etc. For example skills that require skill from the players, something like Mirana's arrow in dota and Pudge's Hook, generally skills that require timing and positioning. Also i would focus on providing build diversity for each hero, what i mean? for example being able to play the same hero differently. You can do this by making skills that scale with many different stats instead of one. Ill give an example to make it easier to understand.
Imagine Pudge's hook. Dmg scaling with STR, length scaling with STR, travel speed scaling with AGI, cooldown scaling with INT. This way a skill becomes wayyy more complicated and in depth and it offers build options.

I personally have zero developer's skill but i can help with ideas if you guys want. Currently im not playing this moba but i plan to give a detailed feedback to it since i it :)

Uh? if
hmmm if i were you guys, i wouldnt focus on making so many heroes, instead i would focus on making each hero unique, with unique stats, skills etc. For example skills that require skill from the players, something like Mirana's arrow in dota and Pudge's Hook, generally skills that require timing and positioning. Also i would focus on providing build diversity for each hero, what i mean? for example being able to play the same hero differently. You can do this by making skills that scale with many different stats instead of one. Ill give an example to make it easier to understand.
Imagine Pudge's hook. Dmg scaling with STR, length scaling with STR, travel speed scaling with AGI, cooldown scaling with INT. This way a skill becomes wayyy more complicated and in depth and it offers build options.

I personally have zero developer's skill but i can help with ideas if you guys want. Currently im not playing this moba but i plan to give a detailed feedback to it since i it :)

Uh? hahahaha you haven't played it yet, okok, If you noticed my heroes scale with many stats (and there are a LOT of different stats on my map). Some have abilities that scale with AD or SP, others with main stats, etc. You can build full tank if you prefer also, it all depends. I recommend you to play this in Siege Mode + Test Mode since I have no AI by now, unless you play with friends.

Level 1
I played Anub' Arac for 30 minutes (maxed lvl etc). His skills scale with STR, but what i commented above is even more in depth if you read it. The example with Hook.
BTW as i said i like your map, i just suggest how u can make things more in depth.

I played Anub' Arac for 30 minutes (maxed lvl etc). His skills scale with STR, but what i commented above is even more in depth if you read it. The example with Hook.
BTW as i said i like your map, i just suggest how u can make things more in depth.

I am a little bit limited because I work with GUI, and making an ability that scales with so many stats is hard.

And yeah, the Crypt Lord is like that for balance porpuses, he deals way too much damage while tanking too much and I had to nerf him like 12 times (no jokes).

Level 1
Where did you add these info man?...

Below i have questions and suggetions :)

---

Crypt Lord's skill Spike Carapace says ignore dmg based on LP.. whats LP?.. Life Points?..... :/

Temper reduces the chance to get Bashed and Critical?

What are F2 and F3?...

How exactly does armor work? 1 armor = 1 dmg? so if i have 100 armor then thats -100 AD from my enemy?

At the begginers shop where you have basic +STR/AGI/INT items there is a wrong description. Secret Bag says +3 INT but it gives +15 INT (as it should).

How to see movement speed?..
Generally it would be good if you add a tomb or whatever where ppl can read in detail all the infos they need to know.

You know one of the aspects i hate about dota is that consumables take item slots. Since you decided to copy the wards feature that exists in dota i think you should provide 2-3 consumable slots too. You can create something like a backpack with F2 where players can put their consumables.

I checked The Warden and compre to Crypt Lord she is more one dimensional. All her skills are based on AGI, which makes sense ofc and its not a bad thing, but it would be cool is she had more diverse functions too. Like, a skill or an effect that scales with INT, Movement speed or whatever.

Also i dont like the fact that towers show their range. You should keep this aspect like in Dota :)

Where did you add these info man?...

Below i have questions and suggetions :)

---

Crypt Lord's skill Spike Carapace says ignore dmg based on LP.. whats LP?.. Life Points?..... :/

Temper reduces the chance to get Bashed and Critical?

What are F2 and F3?...

How exactly does armor work? 1 armor = 1 dmg? so if i have 100 armor then thats -100 AD from my enemy?

At the begginers shop where you have basic +STR/AGI/INT items there is a wrong description. Secret Bag says +3 INT but it gives +15 INT (as it should).

How to see movement speed?..
Generally it would be good if you add a tomb or whatever where ppl can read in detail all the infos they need to know.

You know one of the aspects i hate about dota is that consumables take item slots. Since you decided to copy the wards feature that exists in dota i think you should provide 2-3 consumable slots too. You can create something like a backpack with F2 where players can put their consumables.

I checked The Warden and compre to Crypt Lord she is more one dimensional. All her skills are based on AGI, which makes sense ofc and its not a bad thing, but it would be cool is she had more diverse functions too. Like, a skill or an effect that scales with INT, Movement speed or whatever.

Also i dont like the fact that towers show their range. You should keep this aspect like in Dota :)

It is all explained in the tabs below the map description

LP Yes LP is Life Points, I should change it to HP

Temper reduces % the chance of getting bashed or receiving a critical hit, if you have 50% Temper (the regular cap) and the enemy has 30% crit chance, then in the damage calculation he will only have 15% (reduced by 50% equal to the amount of temper yo have), this means that to totally reduce the chance of receiving a crit in any situation you must have 100% temper, which is imposible for now.

Armor works the same that in regular WC3, just that it only works for heroes; in wc3 each armor point had a multiplier of 6%, here it has a multiplier of 1%, you can search the formula on any WC3 forum. I also capped the max daage reduction armor can grant for up to 75%.

Secret Bag: Thanks for the bug I will fix it xD, didn't know about that one.

How to see Movement Speed: like in dota, type "-MS"

I won't add an special item slot for consumables
, but I might add some lategame item that can accomplish those functions, in the same way the Relic of Teleportation covers the role of the teleport scrolls.

Warden abilities scale with AD (attack damage) she is supposed to be an assasin or a DPS fighter, as stated before, even when you have only one type of scaling it doesn't mean that you can't build differently, because there are many items that interact with physical damage and many others that interact with magic damage, others that interact with summoned units, etc. The Warden can build tanky and do a lot of harm during fights, she can build as an Assasin specialiced in AD criticals, since even physical abilities can land Crits. She can go full poisons with Shadowblade and Fireking Scimitar, she can build a little bit hybrid with Critical Cast to allow her E (Shadow Strike) to do some critical damage (which is disabled when she enters in Vengeance form so it is not a good idea), she can go full bash to be super annoying, etc.

I like the towers showing their range, I took my time making the indicator so I will keep using it.

You haven't explored the tabs below that explain the items and the stats.

Level 1
-MS command doesnt show your movement speed...

I still havent found those tabs with infos... are you sure u added them ?:)
In the game, on the top left of the map (in the space) i found some info but thats not what i meant by detailed info. What i meant is like:
Temper -> reduces your chance to receive critical hit and get bashed. Caps at X amount/%.

Tenacity -> ?

Integrity -> ?

Lock Chance -> ?

etc....

Dont be underwhelmed or anything because of my feedback. I just think its hard for ppl to get to new things, people usually stick to what they already know and what is being played by the most. Thats why i think new infos such as the one your map provides should be explained so that its easier for ppl to get into it.
The map is very beautiful, maybe it could be a little darker/intense colors but still its beautiful.

Last edited:
-MS command doesnt show your movement speed...

I still havent found those tabs with infos... are you sure u added them ?:)
In the game, on the top left of the map (in the space) i found some info but thats not what i meant by detailed info. What i meant is like:
Temper -> reduces your chance to receive critical hit and get bashed. Caps at X amount/%.

Tenacity -> ?

Integrity -> ?

Lock Chance -> ?

etc....

Dont be underwhelmed or anything because of my feedback. I just think its hard for ppl to get to new things, people usually stick to what they already know and what is being played by the most. Thats why i think new infos such as the one your map provides should be explained so that its easier for ppl to get into it.
The map is very beautiful, maybe it could be a little darker/intense colors but still its beautiful.

Below Screenshots

There is Stats

And then there is another tab for core items

All of the basic items explain what their main stat does.

The basic Temper item explains what Temper does, Lock Chance prevents magic damage from being denied via Negation chance (which is like Evasion for magic damage), Aim Chance is the same that Lock Chance is but it works for physical damage. ETC, as I said, the tab is there, I don't know why u can't see it.

AttackStats1.jpg

AttackStats2.jpg

MagicStats1.jpg

MagicStats2.jpg

DefStats1.jpg

DefStats2.jpg