• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drugs Are Bad, M'Kay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Let me quote a rage song, 'you've got a bullet in your head', Maedh.

LOL Weed is worse then tabaco, for several resons.
Most people keep the actual smoke inhaled for a longer period of time, then compared to cigs.
When you smoke weed, even if your not addicted, you build up a tolerance, and there for you need more and more each time befor you get the high.
So pls ppl stop saying that its worse then cigs.
If it was made legal... then WOW.... Fucking Liberals would make it legal only.

0 tolerance, nice one. Your high school drug classes never cease to amaze me. It's never been proven that weed is linked to any serious disorders, other than that which smoking tobacco causes. I believe that's because marijuana is smoked WITH tobacco.

brad said:
Ecstasy is probably the safest recreational drug to take, requiring only a spotter to make sure you get enough water (If you're raving that is, which is the best time to take them).

I've always been interested in E's. Are there any long-term side effects, or stuff of the like?

Level 36
I've never heard of anyone having any long term effects. They don't really do anything, you don't have to smoke them, the only thing is, you may become dehydrated if you're out in a rave and you forget to drink water. That's it. The UK has nearly legalized it actually, and on all their studies they always rate it the least dangerous drug. It's not addictive, you don't have to smoke or inhale it, it doesn't produce any harmful or lasting side effects.

Yeah, that happens when small children are afraid of drugs. You must remember that we have a boatload of 10-13 year olds on here that are mortally afraid of drugs of any sort because they don't have the maturity to deal with it.

Last edited:
Level 13
We seem to agree very seldomly brad, but when we do it's because we discuss a undeniable truth, as the truth in the your post above.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Oh the french hater is a mod?, bah i am not arguing with you hard heads anymore, fine post your pointless posts but this is not helping anyone!, your opinions here don´t matter. No reason nor logic can penetrate those thick skulls of yours anyway.

Level 36
Serious thread no...pointless thread, think about it, where does this lead?, thw should implement a feature on deleting pointless threads.

Threads in the Off Topic forum aren't supposed to 'lead' anywhere. They're for all-purpose general-topic discussion and opinion talk. This is an opinion/discussion thread. If proper discussion about the topic at hand is going on, then it's fulfilling its purpose.

When clowns like you post in it just to show your disapproval for the whole thread, you're fucking things up for everybody else. So please, leave this thread if you cannot handle the topic of discussion, and I'll delete your posts and let you off with a warning.

Reactions: Rui
Level 36
My opinion: Using drugs yourself should be your choice. It's your fault if you fuck yourself up. Sure, you can get addicted, but what I mean is that it's your own fault if you take too much in the first place and get addicted. Nobody's there holding you at gunpoint forcing you to take heroin. If there is, well, you're fucked then.

Level 27
LOL Weed is worse then tabaco, for several resons.

Most people keep the actual smoke inhaled for a longer period of time, then compared to cigs.

When you smoke weed, even if your not addicted, you build up a tolerance, and there for you need more and more each time befor you get the high.

So pls ppl stop saying that its worse then cigs.

If it was made legal... then WOW.... Fucking Liberals would make it legal only.

Weed is healthier than alcohol, if alcohol was to be introduced in this age.. the 21 century then it would be banned. Saw that on tv lol =p

Level 8
Anyone using the excuse "Smoking weed is better than smoking cigarettes" to make themselves feel better is a mug. You cannot roll a spliff (or whatever you want to call it) without tobacco, and you're going to get hooked on the tobacco a lot quicker and easier than the herbs, which is precisely what happened to me. It's a physical addiction unlike the psychological addiction which can be obtained with weed, and believe me it sucks balls hard trying to deal with those symptoms. I've tried quitting several times now and it's not a nice place to go. I'm not condeming or conding smoking weed, I'm just saying it has put me between a rock and a hard place.

As for the ecstacy thing, I would personally never go down that road. Drugs of that nature (not necessarily ecstacy) often harbour nasty comedowns and temporary side effects, including inability to eat, sleep and piss properly for up to a few days. I've seen friends of mine going through it and (as harsh as this may sound) was glad it was them and not me.

Level 36
What? Hello, you can too roll a joint without tobacco? Some people just mix for the hell of it because they smoke both. Also, there are a hundred other ways to smoke it, all not involving tobacco, so imagine that.

And dude. That's the problem. Inconsistancy. It's not the ectascy causing that, it's the shit these dealers are putting in them. If the government legalized it, they could control it and make it safer for everyone! That's the point.

Level 12
Alchohol and drugs should be illegal.

1) Both are bad for you.
2) You can't ever trust people to be responsible
3) You get sick because of them, go to the hospital and waste tax money
4) It's disgusting to smell and I have to walk by like 20 smokers everyday on my way to school.
5) Using the excuse that even though it's illegal, people still get it anyways is about as dumb as saying. Lets make killing legal because people still do it anyways.

I know the cons to making them both illegal (I know one of them is already illegal so don't use that against me). The big one being organized crime goes through the roof. Actually I can't think of any others lol but that is a big one.

Even though people still will use them, making it legal is ENCOURAGING people to use them. I'm only 17 so I can't do either, but I seriously don't get why people would want to even use either. I like my brain intact (even if they only affect you short term), and I like being healthy.

~Dread

Level 13
Go ahead, make them illegal. And then find a solution for the world-wide economical crisis that will immediately follow.

Level 27
Dreadnought[dA];798657 said:
Both are bad for you.
So is just about everything you buy at the store.
Hint: All those ingredients you don't know? Bad for you.
You can't ever trust people to be responsible
So remove the ability to try?
You get sick because of them, go to the hospital and waste tax money
Tax is a waste of money.
It's disgusting to smell and I have to walk by like 20 smokers everyday on my way to school.
Sounds like a personal problem.
Using the excuse that even though it's illegal, people still get it anyways is about as dumb as saying. Lets make killing legal because people still do it anyways.
Killing is harm to other people, drugs are only harm to yourself.

Also, what's the point of laws if everybody can break them?
Even though people still will use them, making it legal is ENCOURAGING people to use them.
Jumping off a cliff is legal. Does that mean everyone does it?

Level 12
I know most things at the store are as well, (which is why my family only buys organic) and I believe they should also be monitored. Unfortunately there's no way to do that other than through the government which is the most inneficient piece of shit on earth.

Trust me, drugs and alcohol hurt other people. LOOK AT HOW MANY FUCKING CAR ACCIDENTS ARE CAUSED BY THEM!!! Also, if you look at crime rate. Like 50% of people are stoned when committing a crime.

Tax is mostly a waste of money but should we remove the ability to try and make it not a waste :p

Also, my personal problem is a problem for lots of people. What about all that, "As long as it doesn't affect me in a NEGATIVE way, I'm ok with it." I'd say having to smell that shit is a negative effect. Only problem with that argument is I live in Tillamook... Land of cows and cheese!

And we don't encourage people to jump off cliffs. Ever seen a cop movie where somebody is a jumper and the guy talks him out of it? Also, that doesn't really affect anybody in a negative way except maybe emotionally. Drugs and alcohol affect people in negative ways when others use them irresponsibly.

Level 27
Dreadnought[dA];798691 said:
Trust me, drugs and alcohol hurt other people. LOOK AT HOW MANY FUCKING CAR ACCIDENTS ARE CAUSED BY THEM!!! Also, if you look at crime rate. Like 50% of people are stoned when committing a crime.
That's why, while you should be allowed to do drugs, you should suffer the consequences of taking them.
Tax is mostly a waste of money but should we remove the ability to try and make it not a waste :p
Because I worked hard for that money!
And we don't encourage people to jump off cliffs.
I we did, would they? :p
Ever seen a cop movie where somebody is a jumper and the guy talks him out of it?
Ever heard of bungee jumping? :D

Level 8
What? Hello, you can too roll a joint without tobacco? Some people just mix for the hell of it because they smoke both. Also, there are a hundred other ways to smoke it, all not involving tobacco, so imagine that.

Please Brad don't take this as an aggressive reply aimed exclusively at you.

Believe me I have smoked it long enough to know why certain shit things are done, and it's not for the hell of it. Point me in the direction of someone who doesn't use tobacco when smoking cannabis (someone who actually knows what they're doing) and I will be impressed.

The reason you mix is because weed doesn't burn nearly as well tobacco, and if you don't put enough tobacco in your mix, the joint will soon stop burning. Of course you can roll a spliff without it, but you would have to be holding the lighter to it whenever you wanted to take a drag, as with a bong or pipe, and so burning your lungs rather badly. That is why you add water to a bong and other similar contraptions, to cool the smoke dratsically before you inhale it. I have a strong suspicion it would also be far too potent for a fair majority of people (including me) to smoke and still enjoy. I find anything much over ~60% marijuana to be too strong. And yes you can smoke it in other ways, such as a bong, but rolling it into a doobie is still the easiest (unless you can't roll :wink:), cheapest and most effective. You can conjure up something between 10 and 15 joints for less than £3 (exlucing the marijuana itself obviously), so that is the option people are going to take every time. I've also tried different methods, such as smoking it through a hookah pipe, and the effects in comparison are frankly not worth the effort of setting the thing up. So, people will use tobacco, and people will become addicted to it through the cannabis. It happened to me and a lot of people I know. I actually started through smoking the cigarettes left in the pack when I had taken all I needed for rolling, just for the sheer hell of it.

I don't mean to be a whiny bitch and go off on a drugs rant, I just felt I should warn you. Even though smoking (cigarettes) is a love/hate relationship for me now, I would urge you all not to start. It will shoot down your health and your wallet like a hound dog. So seeing as a lot of people seem to have the opinion "Smoking cannabis is a lot better than smoking cigarettes" and some are using it as an obvious means of justifying their involvement in it, that is never the case. As a matter of fact it may be even more harmful, as you have no filter of any description when smoking cannabis, unless you want to waste your bud by filtering out all the THC. So actually, you're getting even more of the shite out of the tobacco as you would from a normal cigarette.

So just be careful dudes. A lot of none-smokers seem to think that anyone who does smoke does so because they were peer pressured into it. I would never apply peer pressure to make anyone I know to start smoking, but it's not the only way to get people hooked.

And now I seem to have strolled quite effectively from the topic at hand, my apologies.

So, after all that, I need a cigarette break... :ugly:

Level 21
Drugs and alcohol just make you feel awesome. Who cares if your mommy told you they're bad for you? Chances are you never took anything so you're blindingly saying that they're bad for you.

I always feel awesome. No really, I do :)

Admittedly, some people (in RL) do say I act like I'm on drugs...

Anyway, if my "mommy" tells me not to cross the street without looking for cars, well frankly, I listen to my mommy :p
I have experience with 1 guy who was on drugs, and it's pretty true what they say. It's also not an opinion of whether drugs are bad or not. It's like arguing that smoking is good for you.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
It's also not an opinion of whether drugs are bad or not. It's like arguing that smoking is good for you.

Cannabis has been proven to be a strong pain reliever, and it works well with schizophrenia (? I can't remember if that's the exact illness or not, please correct me if/when I'm wrong) and has not been linked to any adverse effects, other than that of what smoking causes. This can be rectified by using a different method.

Take that and shove it in your water bong.

Level 17
If drugs were legalized it would actually be a good thing, since atleast then its produced by companies and you know it is, in a sense "Clean".

But still, I wouldnt like to see people smoking weed at the public park, It should be legal for use in private/designated areas only.

Level 14
It would be better to have marijuana legalized and produced by people who won't fuck with it.

As opposed to shady backdoor deals, for drugs that can harm you.

Obviously Cocaine, crack, heroine, and all those types of drugs should not be made legal. They fuck with you too bad.

At least marijuana has some redeeming qualities, like Ash said. It helps people with illnesses. Some people with cancer take it to dull the pain for a bit, and I'm sure other disease patients use it too.

Though, like any other substance (alcohol, cigarettes.. etc.), when abused, Marijuana can ruin your life. I've had so many friends who start smoking weed, get addicted, and drop out of school because of it. Or if they don't drop out, they fuck up so bad, their lives, at this point, are pretty much fucked.

The moral of the story is, do it in moderation, if you do it at all.

Level 8
No, but it induces a state paranoia (which can and does last long term) and causes young people to drop out of/screw up their education, as people have already picked up on here. And no, not everyone would do it, like not everyone chooses to drink. But go out in the city centre on a Friday or Saturday night and there are still plenty of drunk and disorderly people for the police to cope with. Come to think of it weed would only exacerbate those situations, as there would be a vast number of people suffering from ye olde white death around every corner. I suppose the council would make a profit though when they get to fine everyone for spewing their guts in public.

Level 13
That would considering that most of the world's population is too stupid or to unconscious to control themselves. Many drink alcohol, but only a few "spew their guts out", and those few learn the lesson after that...

Level 8
Living in Nottingham, UK you'd be surprised. Anyway as much as I'd like to continue this discussion something's just come up and I need to be supportive to someone so I need to stop getting myself worked up over marijuana and cigarettes and such stuff.... lol. Don't tempt me to post again people cos' I can't help myself coming to my computer to check this thread now damnit :ugly:

Really must say again I'm not trying to be a whiny bitch or cause an argument just for the record :thumbs_up:

Level 34
Except marijuana doesn't kill braincells or cause schizophrenia? Plus, not everyone would do it even if it WAS legal?
Actually there is strong evidence that if there is schizophrenia in your family, and it's dormant in you, marijuana can bring it out. I don't know much about it though.

Level 27
Anyone bashing cannabis: Stop. Now.

Live in Washington and you'll realize that Marijuana is by no means a bad drug. Seriously, I don't care how bad people around you are abusing it or it's changing their personality, it doesn't have the same effect on everyone, and living here in Washington is all the proof you need that most people can take Marijuana without negative effects.

I was reading in the paper about a giant Marijuana farm being taken by the police and I'm like, "WTF are you stealing all that for? WTF man?"

Summary:
Stop abusing it.

Level 12
I do live in Tumwater Washington and I can say now, Marijuana has affected one of my friends in a very, very bad way. Granted, most of the time he seems like a normal human being. But I've seem some times when he is so depressed he starts talking like suicide is his best option in life. Not only that, but he's got no money what so ever now.

Lets face it. If somebody is willing to disobey the law, then they are probably going to abuse the substance.

Let me ask this question. WHY DO YOU NEED IT? Can you find no other pleasure in life? Do you enjoy being out of your mind? My dad told me that it just makes you fall asleep most of the time.

The only PRO I see to making it legal, is maybe all the selfish idiots in the world will OD on it and DIE. Good riddance...

Level 27
Dreadnought[dA];800052 said:
Lets face it. If somebody is willing to disobey the law, then they are probably going to abuse the substance.
I can say, from direct interaction with a large number of people, that a whole lot of people are not abusing it, even though they know it is illegal.
Let me ask this question. WHY DO YOU NEED IT?
I don't do any drugs myself, but I think everyone should have the right to do anything they want to themselves as long as it isn't with the intent to commit suicide.
Can you find no other pleasure in life? Do you enjoy being out of your mind?
From what I've heard, that's what it is.
My dad told me that it just makes you fall asleep most of the time.
It affect everybody differently. I believe myself to be someone who would have negative effects when taking Marijuana.

Level 2
Mythical Marijuana

Most of what has been written in this thread about marijuana is nonsense having nothing to do with marijuana, but with people who have fallen for the mythology that has been built up to sell it to them.

Marijuana does not get you "high," there is nothing in marijuana that is intoxicating, stimulating, or "psychedelic." You have to learn to get "high" with marijuana, and the myths about marijuana are what make it possible, not anything in the plant.

Marijuana is effective in treating chronic severe pain, glaucoma, chronic muscle spasms, epilepsy, seizures, chronic nausea, asthma, and migraines, and relieving some of the discomforts of cancer, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, arthritis, Gastro-Esophagal Reflux disease, Crohn's disease, hepatitis C, and several other ailments. It is prescribed for this purpose for over 30,000 people in the State of Washington who grow or use it legally. It is medically recognized as the most effective treatment for seizures arising from organic brain damage.

Marijuana is neither addictive nor habit-forming. It neither causes nor aggravates schizophrenia or any other mental illness, other than as an effect of its mythology. There is no biological or physical basis for these myths.

Marijuana has been used in human cultures for medicinal and religious purposes since pre-history. A century ago, it was legal in America. It grows naturally almost everywhere in the world. It is an ingredient in some Biblical preparations used in medicine and in religious rituals. It may be consumed as an ingredient in cooked baked goods, as tea or a carbonated "root beer" like sasparilla, or smoked either as a leaf or as "hashish," which is the sap excreted by the flowers of the female plant.

It cannot be effectively regulated or taxed, it is too easy to grow and too wide-spread to be suppressed. Like honey mead, applejack, beer, or wine, anyone can produce it at home without specialized equipment or complex knowledge.

People are taught that it has properties that it does not have. When they later seek escape from the discontents of their daily lives, they believe what they have been taught and learn to relax and set aside their cares by smoking it. They could do this without marijuana, and indeed, many people use alcohol to accomplish the same effect, with considerably more actual effect on their biological and mental functions. People who experience difficulties that they associate with marijuana would encounter the same difficulties without it, as many do. Attributing those effects to marijuana is the same thing as attributing those effects to eating french fries: it is the individual and his circumstances, usually poverty or a consequence of poverty, that produce the effects, not the french fries or the marijuana.

Marijuana does not "lead to" the use of other drugs like mescaline, morphine, heroin, cocaine, or LSD. It is called a "gateway drug" (although it is not a drug) because it is illegal, making it available only where those dangerous drugs are sold.

Marijuana today is the basis for two extremely profitable and extremely large industries: marijuana production and sales, and law enforcement.

It is imported into the United States in "Chartered Craft" that are not subject to Customs inspections, shipped through university fraternity houses, sealed and "inspected" long-haul trucks, and corporate warehouses, distributed with the knowledge and complicity of law enforcement officers, and sold in competition with domestic producers and neighborhood vendors who become the target of law enforcement efforts.

The active ingredient in marijuana is tetra-hydra-cannibinol, the effects within the body are unknown and appear to be undetectable. What is known about it is what it does not do, mentioned above. Its observeable effects appear to be to relax the controls of the ego that maintain tension between an individual and his physical or social environment, in effect a "tranquilizer," but not one whose effects can be explained biochemically or controlled, like sulfadiazoles and other chemicals, or cocaine, caffeine, codeine, morphine, or heroin, which all have detectable biochemical effects.

The main opponents to legalization of marijuana are law enforcement, the alcohol industry, and large commercial marijuana growers and importers.

There are a number of documentary films on the prohibition of marijuana in the United States, which began early in the Twentieth Century. Giving lip service to the prohibition, while using marijuana, is probably the single most common hypocrisy in America, as well as in several other countries.

Marijuana production has been the largest cash crop in several of the United States for many years. In even more it is the second-largest cash crop. The "underground economy" or "black market" counts illegal drugs as the most profitable sector, and marijuana as the leading product. Together with law enforcement, large commercial marijuana growers are the most assiduous opponents of legalization.

And it all rides on a mythology about marijuana that has no basis at all in the plant itself.

Last edited:
Level 28
Marijuana is neither addictive nor habit-forming.
I disagree.
If you smoked two days, the morning of the third will make you think 'Damn, i have to smoke - otherwise i won't survive this day..'

I've been smoking for about 6 years and i know the effects of marijuana - it makes your purse slim, makes you lazy as hell, fucks up your school takes away your friends and last but not least, alone.. (in my case) [Note: these states are cured ;) )
I personally don't have anything against 'weed' because the 'high' is fun, but one should make clear how much he can take before he gets influenced by that stuff.

Level 2
It may take a few years ...

Marijuana is neither addictive nor habit-forming.

I disagree.

If you smoked two days, the morning of the third will make you think 'Damn, i have to smoke - otherwise i won't survive this day..'

That's the effect of your own psychology on the myth. When you outgrow your personal conflicts, you'll discover that smoking it or not is a matter of indifference, unlike tobacco, which creates a craving, or heroin, which creates a physical dependency. There is nothing in marijuana to do either, it is "habit-forming" only because you've been convinced that it is, and want to experience what you imagine are its effects. Eliminate your personal discomfort conflicts and you will find no inclination to smoke it. It will sit around and dry out and you'll forget it.

Of course, while you're waiting for that to happen, the mythology of marijuana may seriously upset your life, but it's the myth, and your own discontents, not the marijuana, which is merely an excuse.

"Oh, I was messed up on marijuana." No, you were messed up, the marijuana didn't do it.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Drugs Are Bad Period

hss252.gif

Nice topic revival, too :p

Level 9
It depends on conditions. if you just randomly do marajuana than it's bad because it does in fact (note that it's a fact for everyone) destroy your brain, however, there are many people that have to take marajuwana or it would be worse for they're body and sometimes fatal. the point is if need be drugs are fine but I'm am against just doing them randomly for no healthy reason for the sake of the person doing them. alchohol is different because it isn't really that bad for you unless you do something stupid while drunk... mmmkay? lol.

Level 11
Personally, I think that anything that has to be smoked should be illegal, at least in public areas, since it has impact on people who just walk by, and do not wish to inhale the dangerous fumes. Clean pills, however, actually sounds like a pretty "good idea". I don't have anything against people getting high on stuff that doesn't affect me.

However, I am not going to get near drugs (please forgive me for the cliché) because of the obvious fact that it gives the impression of a person who is not sure of himself, and maybe can not think of ways to have fun without it. I do not plan on getting drunk just to get drunk. As a matter of fact, red wine is pretty good, so anyone who says that drinks that contain alcohol are consumed just for the alcohol in every case is wrong.

Any medical use of anything should be applied immediately, IMO. Easing the suffering of the human race is something that every government in the West struggles for, right? So legalize it already!

Level 24
Legalize the Ganja

I say yes, legalize cannabis. Why?
  • Because it's not nearly as dangerous as some people seem to believe, and the vast majority does not get addicted after doing it once, twice or even five times.
  • If alcohol is legal, shouldn't cannabis, which has not at all caused as much harm as alcohol, be legal as well, according to the laws of logic?
  • Because it would be a punch in the face on the organized criminality around the world, since a large part of their income would be lost.
  • Finally because this way people wouldn't as easily get in touch with the heaver and the actually dangerous drugs.
Well?

Status
Not open for further replies.