• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drugs Are Bad, M'Kay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I just read a text about how in some cases alcohol can cause dementia. If you drink frequently (2 or more glasses of beer/wE), dementia can strike up to 5 years earlier than it would if you didn't drink alcohol at all. However, moderated drinking can somehow
post-bone the effects of alcohol.
I thought I'd leave this here. Imo, there really isn't any logical explanation for weed to be illegal other than the global view on weed being distorted. Who knows why everybody thinks weed is so bad.

Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_%28mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence%29.svg

It is addictive.

It harms your body.

It should be illegal.

Yeah, I realize that tobacco is worse, but don't demonize me saying I ever claimed tobacco should be legal.

Level 13
Uh huh, I've never really seen the point - it smells awful, and according to my mother, who is a smoker, it tastes awful as well. It's like masochism.

Last edited:
Level 13
Cultural Poison..?
It might be poisonous, but I don't see how it actually corrupts culture.

Sure, the Coca Leaves the Incas chewed on weren't too good for you I suppose, but it didn't have any impact on their culture.

Cultural poison as in:

One guy smokes and is way cool.

Guy's friends join him.

Others think "I WANT IN WITH KOOL KIDS."

We now have a bunch of teenage smokers, yay!

Elenai said:
As it stands, it is illegal, against the law, and I believe for good reason: I am content for it to remain that way.

That's nice and all, but you don't have any valid reasons?
All I hear you saying is that weed is illegal for a good reason?
What reason exactly?

AFAIK, it was banned long ago so some rich people could make more money since hemp could be sold cheaper and used for a lot of things. Now, there's nothing dangerous about that.

There's no point of you being in this thread if you cannot provide reasons.
And not the 10 reasons we've already disproved.

Level 13
That's nice and all, but you don't have any valid reasons?
All I hear you saying is that weed is illegal for a good reason?
What reason exactly?

AFAIK, it was banned long ago so some rich people could make more money since hemp could be sold cheaper and used for a lot of things. Now, there's nothing dangerous about that.

There's no point of you being in this thread if you cannot provide reasons.
And not the 10 reasons we've already disproved.

It's bad for your health, proven.

It makes you high, which tends to have a negative impact upon most situations albeit positive on some, proven.

It smells, proven.

It's addictive, proven.

Now, give me five good reasons for it to be legal and I may agree with you.

Level 22
Alcohol is bad for your health, proven.
Alcohol makes you high, proven.
Alcohol also smells in a way (bad breath), proven.
Alcohol is addictive, proven.
Etc...

Yet, alcohol is legal.
Hmmmmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.