1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Drugs Are Bad, M'Kay?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by brad.dude03, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiroaisu

Shiroaisu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Drugs Are Bad Period

2. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Nice topic revival, too :p

3. AirHead

AirHead

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It depends on conditions. if you just randomly do marajuana than it's bad because it does in fact (note that it's a fact for everyone) destroy your brain, however, there are many people that have to take marajuwana or it would be worse for they're body and sometimes fatal. the point is if need be drugs are fine but I'm am against just doing them randomly for no healthy reason for the sake of the person doing them. alchohol is different because it isn't really that bad for you unless you do something stupid while drunk... mmmkay? lol.

4. annoying

annoying

Resources:
    Resources:
    Personally, I think that anything that has to be smoked should be illegal, at least in public areas, since it has impact on people who just walk by, and do not wish to inhale the dangerous fumes. Clean pills, however, actually sounds like a pretty "good idea". I don't have anything against people getting high on stuff that doesn't affect me.

However, I am not going to get near drugs (please forgive me for the cliché) because of the obvious fact that it gives the impression of a person who is not sure of himself, and maybe can not think of ways to have fun without it. I do not plan on getting drunk just to get drunk. As a matter of fact, red wine is pretty good, so anyone who says that drinks that contain alcohol are consumed just for the alcohol in every case is wrong.

Any medical use of anything should be applied immediately, IMO. Easing the suffering of the human race is something that every government in the West struggles for, right? So legalize it already!

5. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Legalize the Ganja

I say yes, legalize cannabis. Why?
    • Because it's not nearly as dangerous as some people seem to believe, and the vast majority does not get addicted after doing it once, twice or even five times.
    • If alcohol is legal, shouldn't cannabis, which has not at all caused as much harm as alcohol, be legal as well, according to the laws of logic?
    • Because it would be a punch in the face on the organized criminality around the world, since a large part of their income would be lost.
    • Finally because this way people wouldn't as easily get in touch with the heaver and the actually dangerous drugs.
    Well?

6. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    No.

7. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    How great to hear your opinion Elenai... care to elaborate? If not, then do not post at all.

8. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not a health concern, it's a political issue.

9. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    it's just one of those things that's just really, really hard to change and pull it off well

10. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't care if it is or isn't possible politically, I just want to hear your opinion.

11. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    My opinion is indifference

12. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Is this thread because you're possibly a Rasta and possibly a Bob Marley fan?
    Also, I suppose people would generalize this as 'drugs' and then want more dangerous stuff legalized.
    But hey, at least weed's legal in the Netherlands, o_O

13. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm not a rasta, and not a Bob Marley fan at all (even though his face is on my current avatar).

14. Riptokus

Riptokus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It already is legal for medical purposes where I live.

I am curious as to why you compare it to alcohol, when it's much more comparable to cigarettes.

My wife gets physically ill when she is around marijuana smokers, I get physically ill when I am around tobacco smokers. We react badly to some of the junk in that stuff.

Both groups have people who don't respect the air of others. Both groups leave their trash laying around.

Alcoholics are generally much nicer than these two groups of people, because at least alcoholics generally clean up their messes after the fact. Smokers of those two kinds though, trash is left over to rot for years as a general rule after they come around, and while less visible, is much more common.

If you doubt this, observe 5 groups of alcoholics drinking, 5 groups of smokers smoking, and 5 groups of tokers toking.

The smokers and tokers litter many more pieces of trash per individual than the drinkers.

So don't bash the drinkers with your pot-loving ways, bash the smokers instead!

15. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah, sorry, my bad. :p

16. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I shouldn't bash the drinkers, even if a large part of crime commited is caused indirectly by alcohol?
    I guess the above will lead to -> "Smoking weed causes a lot of crime as well" - Not counting possesion or selling, not really, stoned persons do not go out and fight each other nor do they drive like ducks.

17. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It makes no sense to criminalize some harmless plant. I mean, it doesn't attack and bite me when I go close to it. It can have some good uses. So of course it should be legalized. But for smoking, that's different thing. I don't care if they arrest some people when caught smoking it or having THC or whatever this produces in their body.

18. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thugs in Columbia are not payed by beer trafficking.

Having a scotch in moderation doesn't cause second hand violation of a pedestrian's airspace, lungs, and health.

Having a beer, doesn't give off the same "area of effect damage" as a joint.

Having too much of both is dangerous. But one is worse than the other for the mere sake of its nature, how it is imbibed, and what it inevitably can lead to when the purpose (the buzz) is gone.

People don't have to drink alcohol to get drunk, or a buzz, many drink for taste. Wine is an example, where for alcohol its purpose is taste. Certain kinds are even very elegant and refined...Wine goes well with chicken, and a lovely dinner with a romantic affair, or a toast at a wedding, or to good health, and the economy around it is stable, doesn't rely on criminal elements, and is civilised.

Smoking pot is disgusting...its only purpose in smoking it is not for taste but for the buzz it provides (medical or not), smoking a joint at a 5 star french restaurant is thoroughly uncouth, taking a deep toke of a bong at a wedding is worse, it is simply uncivilised...

...I need not go on with the fallacy of comparing the two, even at moderate levels of usage.

19. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, joints aren't intended for neither weddings nor 5 star french restaurants. I fail to see the problem with 4 friends each taking 1 or 2 joints at someone's home.

20. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thugs in Columbia are a good enough reason for me.

The cons outweigh the pros exceedingly.

To legalise it would just add yet another piece of massively expensive bureaucracy (paid for by tax payer money! of whom the vast majority disagree with its usage anyway!) that we can't afford, for a negative, uncivilised substance that shouldn't be encouraged in the first place...

It isn't viable, it offers nothing of value for general public use.

...and it is a filthy habit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.