• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Drugs Are Bad, M'Kay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Food has harmful effects

This is more true than any of you can imagine. A few months ago I read in New Scientist that there is tentative evidence supporting the conclusion that BROCCOLI has small amounts of carcnigins. And not from pesticides and stuff, I mean as a natural part of the plant.

But it's not nearly enought to cause any real harm to people.

Level 5
Yes, but while pure alcohol has 7 calories per gram, it also improves your metabolism, so you burn calories faster, though alcohol, in fact, increases your appetite.

No, it is a depressant, so it actually slows down the metabolism. Look it up.

Given that, there's nothing wrong with having a beer. A sixpack a day, and you'll probably start putting on the pounds.

Level 26
In this world there are only two things that can change how we view life. These are drugs and death. Death is just way too permanent.
We change our view on life every second. I used to like that campbell's cream of brocolli soup, but now i can't stand it. I used to be a theist free thinker, but now i'm agnostic. There are plenty more things that have changed my view on life, but every moment of life contains a small change in your point of view.

Level 27
Broccoli FTW!! (For the win or for the world, it reads the same either way.)
The reason people die is because their parents aren't around to make them eat their vegetables.

...and that view of the world thing is true.

Level 26
Besides marshmallowes.
Nothing could go wrong with those.
(Cues ghostbusters reference)
--donut3.5--
It can be gathered up into a giant marshmallow man that can terrorize the city and once destroyed cover the city with a sugary goop. (w00t stay puft marshmallow man)

Nothing in the world is risk free. Spoons, keyboards, and platypus's have a risk of killing you.

Level 18
It can be gathered up into a giant marshmallow man that can terrorize the city and once destroyed cover the city with a sugary goop. (w00t stay puft marshmallow man)

Nothing in the world is risk free. Spoons, keyboards, and platypus's have a risk of killing you.

Platypi (platypuses is also used, but this is preferred) especially, as the males have poisonous spurs on their hind legs.

-*meow*

Level 10
We change our view on life every second. I used to like that campbell's cream of brocolli soup, but now i can't stand it. I used to be a theist free thinker, but now i'm agnostic. There are plenty more things that have changed my view on life, but every moment of life contains a small change in your point of view.

I meant physically change what the world looks like.

Level 5
Most drugs are just fun, some aren't that fun but are really addictive, and the rest make you trip. Hallucinogens can be really scary, but if you're mentally tough enough they are still educational. If not, you'll go insane (for a while at least). Either way...they are really hard on you, so people don't use them often even if they are heavy users. You can't function at all even if you are used to it. I think that if they were going to legalize one kind of drug, it should be strong hallucinogens, because they have a lot of potential to change your life even with one trip and aren't addictive.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Drugs, opinions and the like

So, just a general thread on what the Hives opinions on the use of drugs, be it illegal substances or not. I don't think I've seen a thread like this done before, and I'm sure it's not against the rules, so I just think it'd be interesting to find out the Hives opinions on the matter.

Personally, I think that heavy drugs (that is, Cocaine, LSD and the like) are no go areas whereas Cannabis, once in a while, is okay. Not too much so that you get yourself addicted, though. That doesn't mean that I'm into that sorta thing, however.

Level 37
No_Drugs.JPG

Level 34
I'm against all illegal drugs. Even cannabis, it really screws people up. I've seen a lot of soccer players that could have had a promising career, lose it to weed (also alcohol).

Alcohol I'm fine with if you drink responsibly. Getting absolutely trashed is pretty unhealthy, and I really don't think it's a good thing when you aren't in control. I've been there and at the time I didn't think anything of it, but after seeing others smashed, while I was sober, changed my mind. I still get drunk, but I remember the night, and I'm still in control.

Level 40
Gilles, how does that make sense?

You hate weed because it messes people up if taken to excess, and thus it should be illegal. However, you don't mind alcohol, which can easily do the same.

I'm of the opinion that either weed should be legal, or that alcohol and smoking should be illegal. I couldn't care less either way, as I'm not a big fan of any of them.

Level 12
i have quite a special look on drugs(atleast according to my surroundings)

i would definately try to stop someone close to me to take drugs, but not everyone should quit drugs. It keeps people working, and none of us want that whole "omg, we haf so muuch workless-ppl! wii haf 2 do someting!" and then our tax money doesnt go to what it should go to :p

Such discussion cant be maintained in OT, it would suit MT and to my knowledge we already had such a discussion.

Not all members can post there :/

First of all, I would never take hard drugs because of simple fact, I just don't want to support those huge illegal companies and criminal activities which feed on dependents. I'm anti corporation.

About cannabis, I really don't think that it should be illegal, is just a plant, and people still can find other methods, like inhalating glue. And of course ever present alcohol. Cannabis has also many positive uses, even in medicine (face it, most medicines has many characteristics of drugs). About smoking it, however, the rules should remain strict (as for alcohol).

Level 34
Gilles, how does that make sense?

You hate weed because it messes people up if taken to excess, and thus it should be illegal. However, you don't mind alcohol, which can easily do the same.

I'm of the opinion that either weed should be legal, or that alcohol and smoking should be illegal. I couldn't care less either way, as I'm not a big fan of any of them.
The difference (imo) between the two is the fact that weed is totally meant to get you high. Who takes one puff and puts the rest away? Alcohol is meant to be a nice drink, and can easily be taken responsibly. Weed isn't even like cigarettes, you don't use it for the taste.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Weed is smoked to relax you. It's never been linked with harm, apart from that which Tobacco has been linked with (due to Tar, etc). Alcohol is drank to make you drunk, no if's and no buts. If that wasn't the case, then you'd drink orange juce on a night out.

Level 40
People use cigarettes due to being pressured into them, then addicted. Alcohol is also often drunk (especially by younger people) either to get drunk, or due to it being "cool" by their peers.

I've talked to people who've smoked weed a good deal in the past, and according to them (and they have no reason to lie) it's less addictive than cigarettes, alcohol, and the like.

The historical reason for alcohol was that it was safe to drink, unlike water. The modern reason for it... as Ash said, to get drunk, and a social sort of thing.

Level 34
People use cigarettes due to being pressured into them, then addicted. Alcohol is also often drunk (especially by younger people) either to get drunk, or due to it being "cool" by their peers.

I've talked to people who've smoked weed a good deal in the past, and according to them (and they have no reason to lie) it's less addictive than cigarettes, alcohol, and the like.

The historical reason for alcohol was that it was safe to drink, unlike water. The modern reason for it... as Ash said, to get drunk, and a social sort of thing.
A lot of people like alcohol though. People don't drink beer just because it's social, it tastes good.

I have friends who say weed is fine if you don't do a lot, but I don't trust them. They want to justify their actions. Looking elsewhere I always hear about the harm it does. It actually slows brain process, and makes you "stupid" for the time you are high.

Thinking about it, I admit that alcohol is almost as bad and I can see it being considered illegal. We don't need it and it causes more harm than good.

Also I'm not talking about high school, so many kids are just stupid (I can say kids now that I'm legally and adult). I was stupid too.

Edit: I guess to difference to me is that weed is just bad for you, and alcohol is only bad if taken in excess, just like anything.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I smoked weed one time but didn't had much effect on me...I heard it's common not to feel much at your first try. My buddies had effects however: one of them suddenly said that he's going to sleep, after being very active and laughing out loud (in the morning he said that he started feeling really sick when that happened, for some reason), another kept laughing hysterically and when he was walking he had the impression that the floor was very soft and his feet were sinking into it, and another became really paranoid and almost couldn't sleep because he feared that 2 other dudes who we didn't really know (they were friends with the dude that went to sleep) were gay and were trying to rape me and my other buddy (of course they weren't actually gay)...So yeah...

I'm pro-weed (not as a regular thing though), even though it messes you up; but stuff like cocaine, heroine or LSD I'd never ever try. Alcohol is also nice, but after being wasted quite a few times I started to dislike being drunk. I hate going to sleep while drunk, it's terrible, and also the aftermath in the morning...good god....
Though only once I drank for the sole purpose of being drunk, and I had my motives and it worked.
So yeah, now I only drink when I'm with my buddies and controlled (even if they ask for more, if I feel that I can't take any more I just don't and order a soda or something). I never drink any alcohol at home.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Gilles said:
I have friends who say weed is fine if you don't do a lot, but I don't trust them. They want to justify their actions. Looking elsewhere I always hear about the harm it does. It actually slows brain process, and makes you "stupid" for the time you are high.

That reminds me of Alcohol.

Level 27
The difference (imo) between the two is the fact that weed is totally meant to get you high. Who takes one puff and puts the rest away? Alcohol is meant to be a nice drink, and can easily be taken responsibly. Weed isn't even like cigarettes, you don't use it for the taste.
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Cannabis doesn't cause physical addiction and you can't overdose on it.

I don't do any drugs, but I don't mind if you do.

Level 34
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Cannabis doesn't cause physical addiction and you can't overdose on it.

I don't do any drugs, but I don't mind if you do.
I didn't say it did either.

I don't really care if you do, but I don't think it should ever be legal, and I would argue that alcohol should be legal. I also hate the crime that weed brings, although I do realize that it's because it's illegal that it brings crime. I think people should receive more severe punishment for growing.

Level 36
The thread is staying here. This isn't a deep topic, it's something that anyone can provide their opinion on, it doesn't need to be put in the Tower.

As for me, all in moderation. I know plenty of people that are recreational drug users and get on fine, and they all tend to have more fun than anyone else. Plus, they're always hilarious to watch.

Mind you, we're talking recreational drugs. Coke and up is going overboard, because they're seriously addictive, expensive as hell, and incredibly harmful.

But I don't mind anyone who smokes weed (Iy's better than smoking a cigarette), takes mushrooms or drops LSD. Ecstasy is probably the safest recreational drug to take, requiring only a spotter to make sure you get enough water (If you're raving that is, which is the best time to take them).

So yeah, that's my opinion.

Level 13
I think that all drugs should be legal (wait a moment before getting mad on me). And there is a few reasons for me supporting this idea.
The first point is that many young people start taking drugs precisely for the "Ohhhh, it's ilegal! Let's do it then!", a stupid action demonstrating a worrying lack of personality.
The second point is that when something is made legal it is much easier to control if you make it right, like the alcohol and tabaco controls established in many countries. They are not perfect, but they do their job to a point. Something legal has always to go through medical controls (as the alcohol production) and so the hidden additives to drugs (the most dangerous ingredient in most substances) would be easily excluded. Furthermore, legal products go over the taboo and urban legends tied to them as the public gets used to drugs and start to seem them exactly as they are. If you know exactly what are you going to have and what is it going to do to you, half of the damage is avoided. If you know that the pill that yo ¡u have in your hand is going to make your **** look like a dried up plant or directly fall off, I am quite sure you are not going to take it, no matter it will make you feel paradise for 15 minutes. Information is the key, and wide-spread information can only be achieved by legalising it.

Level 17
I dont get what people find in this drug and smoking bullshit. When my dad smokes cigars I have to leave the room, cant stand the smell. Smells like shit.

And I had severe asthma when I was young, so I dont think it would be a smart move to inhale any of that shit.

Then again, even if I DIDNT have that, It still wouldnt be smart to puff. I honostly dont give a shit if people smoke, infact I wouldnt care if cannibis was made legal as long as it stays banned from public places.

I'm basicly a "I dont give a shit what you do as long as it doesnt effect me in a negative way" kind of guy.

But I just find it fucking stupid that people purposly and willingly kill themselves with this shit, and then end up going to the hospital and wasting our resources, namely donor organs. They chose to do it, if you fuck yourself up you should carry the burden.

Level 5
LOL Weed is worse then tabaco, for several resons.

Most people keep the actual smoke inhaled for a longer period of time, then compared to cigs.

When you smoke weed, even if your not addicted, you build up a tolerance, and there for you need more and more each time befor you get the high.

So pls ppl stop saying that its worse then cigs.

If it was made legal... then WOW.... Fucking Liberals would make it legal only.

Level 13
Here we have a good example of 0 tolerance individual that only listens part-time to the drug-informating courses usually given at schools. Tolerance is also built up with any kind of drug, not only with weed INCLUDING tabaco and alcohol, and they are legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.