• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragonball Z ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Wc3 - DBZ: Rise Of The Saiyans

newheader.png

Summary
Hello,

I've been thinking off publishing this map and the progress for a week or so and well here it is.

What Enspired me :

Well i was playing Dragonball Z Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 2, and then i wondered what if i started to create my own map of this on Wc3, then i started to think about the map size, the models, the moves, the icons the triggers, and the terrian. Finally i have started to work on collecting up every single dbz model / dbz icon. So far I am at this state (Progress is out bottom) I have posted a topic on creating a trigger for a Transformation trigger, and so far i am thinking using the clicking a spell to transform and probley later on in the updates i'll change to the commands.
Team Members
Robot-Dude - Terrianer / Triggerer / Objecter Editor / Sound Editor / Modeller
RED-BARON - Trigger / Terrianer / Object Editor / Skins / Images / Modeller
EvilCrizpy - Modeller Creator / Terrainer / Triggerer
Valkemiere - Spell Creator
Z-man - Modeller
Kave - Spell Creator
Contact / Website / Downloads
PM me on Hiveworkshop
Download "WC3 - DBZ : RoTs Pre-Beta 0.5"
Moddb Page
Screenshots
News

We are currently reworking the Terrain and systems, and skipping Beta 0.5 and jumping to Beta 0.6

Last edited:
Level 10
I can also help you with other things.
I am good at terreining, triggers, creating abilities etc
Lol, i also notice that uve take some sounds from http://esf-world.gamers-desire.de/22/Sounds_and_Soundpacks.html (if u didnt, u should :) )
But those sounds are un compressed. I dont think you should use anything bigger than 30kb . Is there anyone in your team that knows how to compress files?

Level 19
Well at the moment i am converting them into wav which should decrease the size, and I obtained my voice sounds by recording and the others off another site, i've not ripped nothing from ESF only the models i obtained from another souce have been :p.

Edit // Nvm Wav increases the size let me find a program to compress it :p. by google.

Edit // i compressed Broly - ka ka rott kakarott.mp3 (size 119kb) to Broly - ka ka rott kakarott (86.7kb) with DietMP3.

So do you know another better one ?

Compression Part 2 -- DietMP3
compresslq6.png

D-CD- = after
No D-CD- = before.

Last edited:
Level 10
I will check for the better program 2morrow, ive had few realy good once.
I hope that u removed the dual channel from the sounds (also known as Sterio and Mono channels) It makes 2 versions of the sound, one for the left and one for the right box, and as follows, sterio is twise as big as mono. There is also no need in sterio in W3 because the game itself generates sterio 3d sound.
I also dont see the need in all those sounds. I think that Kameha, Masenko, specialbeam, trans etc is all you need.
I would also sugest that you consentrate on the gameplay, and not so much on models/sounds/icons
--------------
edit - wav does not increase the size, you just have to know how to convert. Try something like "radio quality 48kbit Mono"
MP3 files can not be used as 3D sounds. that means that playing a sound will appear to all players on the map.

Level 6
Guys, use vexorian's map protector. First, its a good map protection. Second, it can reduce map size by 30-40%! A realy nice program avaible in tool section. With it you can get up to nerby 6mb and reduce it to 4mb. Good luck with your map!

Level 19
I am only using sounds for player click and transformations. and only 1 song for the last mission.

Plus now i can work on map now since i am at my dads so :p here it goes i got my dbz games so i can play them on my laptop.

posting a screenshot of the map view so far.

Last edited:
Level 10
ok, ive just downloaded the map and wanna say:
DuDE, wTf? Its just some ground level with bunch of open sourse models. The only new models are gogita and SS gogita.
There are no creeps, no fighting system, no abilities nothing. Even transformations are just based on Night Elfs Bear Form.
Only bunch of models. But models dont make a game. It can look 100% like Dbz with 10 meg on models but people wouldnt still care because there is no gameplay. Dont post such "maps" in the future. Wait to show something decent

Level 19
I said in the 1st topic
Test Release - Not for hosting only for testing go type in iseedeadpeople too see the map and models so far we have. ;P. Its in Attached Files.

Its just to see how far i've done and this saturday i'll be toneing up the terrian and importing triggers and systems and adding more areas. and Placing down creeps then creating triggers for the sagas. and abilites.

Level 35
Robet dude, dont know if you got the pm, but crist wasnt a friend, it was a word, like damn. where crist was refering to jesus crist.... so would you please delete: "the friends helping him out, and maybe insted write the hive workshop for being such a nice forum place if you realy want to write something more.... :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 19
List of Sagas what will be in map.
Saiyan Saga
Tree Of Might
Lord Slug
Makyo Star
Coolers Revange
Android Saga
Super Android 13
Broly : The Legendary Super Saiyan
Bojack Unbound
Majin Buu Saga
Broly : The Second Coming
Fusion Reborn
Wrath Of the Dragon
Baby The Avanger
Ultimate Android
Evil Dragon Of Absolute Destruction, and cool a website :p

Last edited:
Level 35
I like DBZ too, this project interesting. Can i Join to this team? i can help you in spell triggers, sound effect. i have somes good DBZ sounds, and good icon for the character.

Well.... we have all icons we need, we doesnt use sounds, but maybe will if we realise my idea of making this into a campaign later.

About spelltriggers, we surely willl need some good MUI spells, but many of them I am able to make, but show some of your work, then we can easier decide it.

Level 35
Pffrr... campaign

Do you guys even know how to use game cash and load maps.
Or are u planning to make campaign out of 1 map? :eek:

Remember that campaign maps are only played by 0.01% of the W3 gamers

Well, yes I know so.... and campaigns aint pffrr

And that % is wrong it is about 5 % but still low I know, the campaign idea is thought as this: You play the orpg, and you realy want to see more (course the orpg wouldnt have space to all we would like to have in it), so the Orpg will be somekind of trialer to the campaign. So the Orpg will still come as said, and no it wouldnt just be one map, that my freind aint a campaign. And realy Pepper next time just dont write something like that.... even if your disappointed, but the orpg will still be there....

Level 19
ORPG will be like a tribute to the campaign.

But with not the proper models. The Campaign is going to be a fusion of the following
DBZ Budokai 3
Dragon ball Z Budokai tekaichi 2
DBZ - DBGT Episodes/Movies.

DBZ ORPG with be just containing the
Dragon ball Z Budokai tekaichi 2
Dragon ball Z Budokai 3

Level 35
Okay we try again... This DBZORPG will be made and it will be mostly like the first one, the only differnce will be that due to a wc3 size limit it wouldnt have all in it we wanted to add, so therefor we will also make a campaign in order to make a kinda non multiplayer but full version of dbz..
So in the dbzorpg for b-net you wont see all dbz models, but in the campaign you will. And btw campaigns aint at all an excuse for making crappy maps, I think many will disagree... it is actualy harder to do so therefor many fails, but still if succeded you have done a great job... But no need to worry guys the original map idea aint gone it is still on and working... the only change is that we make two maps (kinda two maps even though one of them will be made of more maps)....

Level 19
those who don't like the idea of the campaign don't have to play it but the dbz orpg will have all the same spells and stuff. but the models will be different due to what red-baron said the wc3 limit size.

The campaign will contain more, and we havent lost out spirits we just decided to sprit the game into 2 types. But your opinions are welcome and when we release the 2 beta maps you can see the difference between them.

Level 10
Lol, Tribute had probobly the crapiest triggered story ive EVER seen :)
Wouldnt be difficult to beat that.
And why do u think that people would want to play a dbz story (again), over and over again.
Like all those budokai games. Ive had 2 on my PSP, and after i finneshed the story line, ive deleted those and never touched them again.
Also, from your other topics on this forum (like "how to create sagas" :) hahahha, that was a funny one) ive realized that u dont know s##t about triggers =)
Or do u?

Level 35
Lol, Tribute had probobly the crapiest triggered story ive EVER seen :)
Wouldnt be difficult to beat that.
And why do u think that people would want to play a dbz story (again), over and over again.
Like all those budokai games. Ive had 2 on my PSP, and after i finneshed the story line, ive deleted those and never touched them again.
Also, from your other topics on this forum (like "how to create sagas" :) hahahha, that was a funny one) ive realized that u dont know s##t about triggers =)
Or do u?

Well I realy like to point out htat I havent made any of such treads... I actualy answeared them if anything... I have also spent planty of time fixing triggers in the map every time I got my hands on it. But then Robot-Dude knows the sagas and plot it down, I mkae triggers (and fix them) and so, maybe also a good bit of our models... The tribute trigger is a mess, one big, very very huge trigger, amazing that the was able to navigate in it..

Btw: sure I dont actualy think we ever going to beat tribute or anything, but well I have fun helping, making models (pratice) and maybe we get lucky, do remember I am helping them out, but this isnt my main project.

Level 19
Yes and his main Project is good, and i know triggers but my triggers leak at the moment so every time i have time to go down to my dads i fix them up, and my saga trigger is starting to be MUI i would say its about 50/50 leakable at the moment but tomorrow i am going to use some triggers to fix the leaking, and I would like to say Dr.Pepper please keep your Negative Comments towards the map by pm, and i am working on a few models whilst at my other house.

And i will think our triggers will be better then DBZ Tribute but our spells are not good at the moment they still leak because i got them off wc3sear..(Good site for leaks)

Level 24
Hey robot dude are you covering all the sagas from Z and GT or its just a normal day of the Z team.

I have some usefull sounds for you,but they differ cause one is Kamehameha! fired by Goku and then i have the Big Bang-Kamehameha! fired by SSJ 4 Gogeta

And many more from Beam Cannon to Gallet Gun,and many more

Level 19
The gotenks model is the model they use in dbz tribute, and i am trying to get the following models

Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Android 19
Android 20 (Dr.Gero)
Dr.Wheelo(Maybe)
Babidi
Bebi (All Forms)
Bojack
Burter
Captin Ginyu
Dabura
Zarbon
Dodoria
Uub
Korin
Kami
Bulma
Krillen
Yamcha
Chiaotzu
Roshi
King Kai
supreme Kai
Kibito
Pan
Shi/Omega Shenron
Super 13
Better Super Saiyan and normal broly.
A better Super saiyan 4 goku/vegeta
A good Dragonfist spell model
Master Yajirobe
Mr Popo
Chi-chi
Bubbles
King Yemma
Baba
Arqua
Pikkion
Guru
Grandpa Gohan
Hercule
Videl
Oolong
Puar
Garlic Jr
Guldo
Jeice
King Cold
Lord slug
Nappa (Better Model)
Pui Pui (Seen one on Wc3sear but the models section doesn't work anymore)
Racoome
Turles
Bardock
SpopVich
Yakon
Yamu
Dende
Kibitoshin

Some More Sounds effects for all Dragon ball Z Fighters & Villains.

Level 19
Ok, and our map is coming along i am still working on the saga trigger as soon as i fix the leaks i will zoom so fast into the saga's, and i'll start to add More Spells and transformations.

At the moment i am trying to learn how to add attachment points to the models since they don't have any...

So i can add Item Models such as (Scouter, Halo, Z Sword, Trunks Sword, Patrol Earing's)

Hi am a big fan of DBZ and GT and i know all sagas mybe i can help u a litle becous i am going to school that is why litle.I can tell u some custum ideas and some videos if u will,some terrine and if u know how to make some skin i have lots of things for ssj5,6,7,8,9......... xD and fusions.I am sad about the DBZ becous it ended i mean the mester of the team has quit >.> and then they made GT but we can make some custome name like DB?? the name is the hardest thing to do :p

Level 4
Is it not boring to make all this DBZ maps there are already 98452893859 DBZ maps. (your map seems to be one of the best DBZ maps, bu there are already so many maps that nobody gona download this one) :sad:

Level 35
Well I am mainly helping out, and learning a bit about modeling too while at it. But yes realy good question :cool:

A little update, progress on this is proably slowed down even more at the moment as I am on college last year, and dont haev that much time. Robot-Dude is banned from his pc and laptop.... But I try to keep you informed. The site will also still get updated. This aint dead, just under the effect of slow
:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.