• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dragonball Z ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
It's a good idea to make a DBZ ORPG map such as this since I have worked on mines similar to this before, but just make sure you know what your doing.

In order to make an awesome DBZ map which stays true to the series, you'll need at best a map size of 480x480.

Since your terrain is based off the entire WORLD of the DBZ you WILL need the extreme space of 480x480. If not than the terrain and pretty much everything overall will be a sloppy mess.

You can of course just resize all the units and what not to make the world seem bigger but thats just IMO. Also your terrain, i'm not sure if its finished or not looks absolutely dull and boring.

Nothing that makes you say omg that's awesome! Nothing that really catches your eye. But still this is just what I think. So will players basically just be walking around creeping and killing off a saga boss every now and than? Thats been done to death already. Give something people haven't seen out their before, in DBZ maps or better yet in overall anything that's been on Bnet.

Level 35
It's a good idea to make a DBZ ORPG map such as this since I have worked on mines similar to this before, but just make sure you know what your doing.

In order to make an awesome DBZ map which stays true to the series, you'll need at best a map size of 480x480.

Since your terrain is based off the entire WORLD of the DBZ you WILL need the extreme space of 480x480. If not than the terrain and pretty much everything overall will be a sloppy mess.

You can of course just resize all the units and what not to make the world seem bigger but thats just IMO. Also your terrain, i'm not sure if its finished or not looks absolutely dull and boring.

One word... LoL! Sure you havent even looked what this actualy is... commenting about map size... wierd, dunno if you noticed but it seems to me reading my own profil that I aint totaly new to world editor... so plz just edit and remove the qouted here, it is a shame for you.
And well you worked on something similar, and never finished I pressume...

You can of course just resize all the units and what not to make the world seem bigger but thats just IMO.
Just an example of what makes this post so wierd... it looks like you dont have a clue...

Nothing that makes you say omg that's awesome! Nothing that really catches your eye. But still this is just what I think. So will players basically just be walking around creeping and killing off a saga boss every now and than? Thats been done to death already. Give something people haven't seen out their before, in DBZ maps or better yet in overall anything that's been on Bnet.

Well, I dunno if you actualy visited the site, but if you had you would notice two things that answears this perfect... We aint only making one map, we are making a campaign and a kinda "trailer" to it, to launch on b-net. So the campaign will be like well a campaign, goku's historie with the posiablity to use the other famous persons from dbz. The "trailer" is mostly a player vs player fight (Tournement, combined with some trainings areas and so, but aint plottet down yet)

Level 3
Hey are you guys the one's that made dbz tribute ultra?
Because if your are i hate you guys made me wait all this time
for nothing!

Level 35
Hey are you guys the one's that made dbz tribute ultra?
Because if your are i hate you guys made me wait all this time
for nothing!

Not realy... I made for my own pleasure an update to DBZ Ultra Tribute called DBZ Ultra Tribute V10-11 but then the revertet or what ever came.. I still personally like my own version... :)

But else no we aint...

Oziris: You notet and that as tester... but before testing we have some bugs to solve. And some of our team is missing at the moment, and I am rather busy... but it will be done no worry

Level 3
Hey my friend was making this program or w/e it is for models song and all that shit to make the map less laggy and short dl.He said he was going to make a beta for me only since he gave up on it but i can probally tell him to make one for u guys.

Sure
i need Bowser jr. or you can just make a paintbrush attachment(paintbrush with different colors on it,just a colorfull paint brush).

Level 2
Not really, I am offering help to make his map look better, you don't you agree that his terrain just looks a tad bit boring and uninteresting?

Cmon who uses cliffs? It's already bad enough that his map is most likely 256x256, how you possibly can make a decent attempt in making the DBZ World in wc3 with that small space I don't know. But he seems to put already some effort into it.

Big ego? Trust me bro i've have so outgrew the ego stage. And Shinkoru holy crap I haven't talked to you in forever wats up!

Level 35
Not really, I am offering help to make his map look better, you don't you agree that his terrain just looks a tad bit boring and uninteresting?

Cmon who uses cliffs? It's already bad enough that his map is most likely 256x256, how you possibly can make a decent attempt in making the DBZ World in wc3 with that small space I don't know. But he seems to put already some effort into it.

Big ego? Trust me bro i've have so outgrew the ego stage. And Shinkoru holy crap I haven't talked to you in forever wats up!

Again I am trying to make people actualy read what it says.... wow it must be hard reading...
The map is far larger then 256x256, you havent seen very much of the terrian, this is supposed to be a playablemap, not a briliant copy of the terrian in dbz, which btw what is it? well you can copy the famous places, but nothing else. Cliffs? You dont got a glue for sure....the only place which uses cliffs is the waterfall area and not with my good will, but Robot-dude made the cliff in one of his edits, and now I can't change it. Well That was one space of cliffs, doesnt seems like a use of cliffs, maybe just me :confused:

It is also remarkable how much similar I find your signature, with robot-dudes, thats interresting due to robot-dude made his first.....

Well if you mean that pic in your sig is the best terrian you can make, well then no comments.... it is overall good idea but realy that aint amazing terrian, that is a high ground, one tile, and then mass of doodads (swords).

Shinkoru: yes I noticed.

But realy, what your saying is realy ego like, "I too am concerned so on" how can you even say so, when you surely havent read about this at all.... maybe the only terrian pic you seen is the one from snowland...which is just a pic from a random place, not supposed to look like anything.

But I will agree with you in one thing, if that map you are talking about was the old map for months ago, where I havent edited in it, there all was cliffs and so on... it aint now.

Oh and one more thing, 256x256 is suerly enough due to it is two differnt maps, and it is the campaign part which is the whole dbz map :smile:

Last edited:
Level 2
Ok I'm just taking a wild guest here but I'm guessing that English isn't your first language, since reading that 2nd Grade Essay you just wrote there I kinda just assume. But I could be wrong no offence though.

Well so the map is more than 256x256 then? 360x360? Or what?

Actually no 256x256 is NOT enough. To make an Orpg that follows through the Whole story of dbz and using the terrain of the ENTIRE dbz world? Yeah bro not enough.

But you can attempt it if you want to I'm not stopping you.
Let me ask you something first. What makes your map different than any other DBZ map out there? What does it offer gameplay wise? What feature does it contain that hasn't been beaten to death before?

What makes players remember your map?

And yes it is remarkable that Robot-Dude's sig and mine are similar, its just a good way to tell people what project your working on and their speed of completion.

And no the picture in my sig isn't the "Best terrain I can make" since it's just landmark of the map I'm making. Noting really special.

But if you want I can show you some of my previous work I've done with my map. But it's nothing really special just custom models galore, I made most of the map look more cartoony, which reflects the series more.

And with the ego thing, let me break it down to you.

I'm only getting in your face like this, only because your making a DBZ map, which has been OVERDONE. I mean who REALLY wants to play and go over the ENTIRE Dbz storyline? It's been way overdone way too many times. So when I read about your map, I can't help but to point and laugh.

Level 35
Ok I'm just taking a wild guest here but I'm guessing that English isn't your first language, since reading that 2nd Grade Essay you just wrote there I kinda just assume. But I could be wrong no offence though.

Well yes danish is my main language, but mostly spelled wrong due to fast typing, but doesnt realy matter.

Well so the map is more than 256x256 then? 360x360? Or what?

Actually no 256x256 is NOT enough. To make an Orpg that follows through the Whole story of dbz and using the terrain of the ENTIRE dbz world? Yeah bro not enough.

Well again I am trying to make my point... the dbz real world map is for the campaign part, which means it will consist several maps combined, so not only a 256x256 or a little bigger, the map size will change. Said nothing about making it use dbz terrian entire world, you did... I said that the most famous places should look similar to those you know from the movies, thats what we attempt, all other terrian is just fill in.

Let me ask you something first. What makes your map different than any other DBZ map out there? What does it offer gameplay wise? What feature does it contain that hasn't been beaten to death before?

What makes players remember your map?

I'm only getting in your face like this, only because your making a DBZ map, which has been OVERDONE. I mean who REALLY wants to play and go over the ENTIRE Dbz storyline? It's been way overdone way too many times. So when I read about your map, I can't help but to point and laugh.

Well as far as I can see your making one of those overdone maps too.....what makes people remember your map? Many many pmaps is made and then forgotten, even more maps is never finished. I actualy dont care much about this map, I am just being helpfull and helping robot-dude and his bro out, so no aint making dbz, course I think that what tribute did can never be redone, but thats a personally opinion, though the campiagn Idea I stick more to, course it havent been done as far as I know of.

And no the picture in my sig isn't the "Best terrain I can make" since it's just landmark of the map I'm making. Noting really special.

But if you want I can show you some of my previous work I've done with my map. But it's nothing really special just custom models galore, I made most of the map look more cartoony, which reflects the series more.

I was counting on an answear like that, as I had the felling it wasnt the best, I just pointed it out due to your speaking of "perfect terrian".

Well to end this discussion, I was taking this defence state, due to you reaction/post about the map, not because it personally interrest me as said above. But well if you like persons to actualy listen/react on what your saying maybe try to be polite or give helpfull criticism, very idiot can say: this map is dull and boring." TH made a post that does perfectly the same as yours, but without angering people. Of course it helps that TH actualy have a reputation on the hive, and his terrian work (whioch is briliant most of the times) is known to the public.

Then I again had succes about writing a novel, damn.... oh well
Good luck with your map, just remember you map isnt the best either just because you made it, as ours isnt the best ever made, and possible it will never be known (but we did never say so either)

:thumbs_up:

Level 2
Lol wow I feel pretty stupid right now, I kinda felt and thought that you were actually the lead designer of this project heh >.< your just there to help. Sorry bro. Yeah your a cool guy, you stayed your cool while I came on the offence. I respect you :)

And to reply on your reply of the wc3campaigns version of this thread: No actually my map is pretty damn playable on Bnet, with all the models in it's only about 3mb big and yes it 256x256. Which blows. The map right now has been on hold for a while actually, i've kinda lost the passion of DBZ. So thats why I decided to work on a new project. I'm just a perfectionist at times when it comes to map making that I end up literally working on it for too long then get bored of it heh.

Level 2
Thank you Robot-Dude, thanks to your and your map, my passion for finishing my map, DBZ: Evolution has once again returned! I salute you and your map and wish you the best of luck!

But yeah please give us some more info about it heh. Cause right now it just seems like another dbz map so more info would be nice.

Level 35
Thank you Robot-Dude, thanks to your and your map, my passion for finishing my map, DBZ: Evolution has once again returned! I salute you and your map and wish you the best of luck!

But yeah please give us some more info about it heh. Cause right now it just seems like another dbz map so more info would be nice.

Thx.. well maybe we havent postet enough info.. but most of what I can post is on the site. Havent been in contact with robot-dude and others exceot for Z-man so makes complete info rather hard to accomplish

Level 19
Well I am going down to the job center tomorrow to look for a job that gives me around £100 - £300 not really both ed only going to work for about 5-6months. Then going to quit my job and get ready for the "Army".

So As soon as i get income coming into the house I'll be setting up my PC (Vista ultra) and New Laptop (Alien ware) into my bedroom.

This DBZ Project will be speeding along faster.

Because I'm Planning On Setting up my ps2 to my pc when its up and running so i'll be able to play the Games and work on the map at the same time.

Level 2
Lol Geez, is the models all you care about bro? To make a successful dbz map you need to have competitive fun gameplay that everyone can enjoy, and features that are unique to your map. If you keep thinking MODELS MODELS MODELS NEED CUSTOM MODELS OF THAT DUDE.

Then you'll only delay your own project. I know cause it happend to be before.

Level 19
I am only doing models because i can't work on map till i go to my dads, and have to wait after i get a job 2 weeks after my first 2 incomes from a job i can bring my laptop back into my mothers house and set up my pc again. So i'll in my spare time working on the map in "Windows Vista Ultra"

Level 35
Lol Geez, is the models all you care about bro? To make a successful dbz map you need to have competitive fun gameplay that everyone can enjoy, and features that are unique to your map. If you keep thinking MODELS MODELS MODELS NEED CUSTOM MODELS OF THAT DUDE.

Then you'll only delay your own project. I know cause it happend to be before.

For my part I care about something else then the models, but personally finds it fun to create some of those :smile:

Level 6
This man Sounds pretty good, and I think You Have what it takes to finish it, I'm Kinda a retired Modder, I havent modded in year or so now, so but I remember some stuff so I might be able to help you. If you still need more testers Il be happy to test this for you if you would like

~4rankie~

Level 19
I've imported that model, and the "DBZ Supreme RPG" Cell into our campaign ages ago, and still that one beats the other skin but i can probley update the "DBZ Supreme RPG" cell model skin this saturday.

anywho's I am thinking of creating a trigger event when you walk into the citys you get moved into the city but on another map so you can walk around a proper look-a-like dragonball z city, why you ask because i am obtainning look-a-like dragonball z city building models.

Level 35
I've imported that model, and the "DBZ Supreme RPG" Cell into our campaign ages ago, and still that one beats the other skin but i can probley update the "DBZ Supreme RPG" cell model skin this saturday.

anywho's I am thinking of creating a trigger event when you walk into the citys you get moved into the city but on another map so you can walk around a proper look-a-like dragonball z city, why you ask because i am obtainning look-a-like dragonball z city building models.

kk, just tell me when you need me to send you the map... but one thing, your saga trigger is stilled bugged, and we need a msn talk about things. But dont have time today due to work.

Level 2
I got a request for you guys, can you PLEASE concentrate on your DBZ ORPG instead of the campaign so I can have some competition? That'll help me with finishing my map.

Level 2
Umm isn't that the same thing with working on the ORPG to grow the Campaign more?

That just didn't make any sense bro, I absolutely know, no one would rather play a single player campaign over a multiplayer map. Only if the campaign is heavily worked on and contains abunch of crap and features that are unable to played out online.

Pretty much wc3 custom multiplayer maps in general is whats making wc3 alive.

Level 19
Off cause campaign will have alot more detail and HD in detail then online ver becasue if they encreased the limit from 4mb to 6mb camaign would only be better in the model area.

And the idea of a "campaign" is too follow and play different parts of the Dragonball Z world. In the Campaign you can play Saga's what are not in movies or shows. These Special Sagas comes from the games like "What Would of happened".

Level 2
So in the campaign your basically just butchering the series? K great.

And your idea of having more "detail" is by having more custom models and imported crap? Wow so cool! So tell me my dear robotic friend, will you still be running around randomly with patrol on wiping out everything in your way and running around in circles while kamehamehaing the saga boss good ol' dbz style?

Boy am I sure excited for your map!

Level 35
So in the campaign your basically just butchering the series? K great.

And your idea of having more "detail" is by having more custom models and imported crap? Wow so cool! So tell me my dear robotic friend, will you still be running around randomly with patrol on wiping out everything in your way and running around in circles while kamehamehaing the saga boss good ol' dbz style?

Boy am I sure excited for your map!

I get your point, but realy this is close to trolling others maps, dont think you would like that if we did the same on yours :smile: although I must admit I havent looked at your yet, but then, you havent looked at ours....
Stop the accusing, before it gets the -rep level.

Level 2
All I am doing is questioning him so people around here can get better info of his project.

Also it is a way for me to find out if hes capable enough to make a great dbz map. Which most people on bnet are looking for.

Level 6
You should show us a screenie of Krillins Distructo disc in action, That would be really kool and nice

~4rankie~

Level 6
Post up the screenie man lol I really wanna this, Never say a map with an good abiltity model.

~4rankie~

Level 2
Just adding in "Destructo Disc" and then gonna add "Power Up" and "After Image"

I love how you guys use this thread to chat with one another heh, especially since you have your own message boards.

But anyways can you describe each ability briefly so people can get a better understanding of what they are?

Level 2
So any news about the actual gameplay yet?
Or are you gonna finish up the models? My advice is to just finish the models that you NEED not every single pointless static character.

Level 13
i'm finished work on BigBang kamehameha, i hope u like it :p
just screenshots, the spell i already sent you by pm.

Attachments

• bigbang1.JPG
    bigbang1.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 250
  • bigbang2.jpg
    bigbang2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 225
Status
Not open for further replies.