• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DBZ The Saiyan Race IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
1. Intoduction
2. About The Map
3. Models/Abilities preview
4. Help needed
5. Screenshots/Trailer

This map will represent clan CBS

--------------------------------------------------------------
1. Introduction

I think that everyone have heard of the DBZ (dragonball Z) maps. Its known for its fantasy world and its ruinded/imbalanced gameplay. Maps like DBZ Tribute and DBZ Ultimate were created and played by a bunch of 10 y.o. dota rejects (quote from the winketpedia review)
So its only natural to think: "man, i am g.d. tired of those dbz maps". But you are wrong, dbz maps CAN be good. You just have to stimulate and support mapmakers that CAN create good maps.
BTW, plz let me know if there is life in projects like DBZ Beyond and World of Dragonball Z

2. About The Map

The Saiyan Race is more of an online RPG. There are 2 teams (5 saiyans and 3 villains) that have to battle through sagas and verious quests. Dbz fans will find some features from the anime series. Features like Time chamber, kamehameha blasts, senzu beans supersaiyan transformations and many more.
To activate advanced abilities you will have to use arrow key's (casting blasts, regenerating energy, blocking, taking over control points, selfdestruction etc). Custom models, variating quests, forming squads, tournament challenges, a lot of special effects, the map has it all.
Make note that this map in no way intends to follow the Anime/Manga sagas or storyline. It is meant to be a MAP to play for fun, more-so than a tribute to DBZ. I have made it this way because anime sagas are not ment for Warcraft III, while characters are extreemly imbalanced it would ruin the gameplay for people who DO want to learn and win with their skill and not their imba char. I know i will lose a lot of W3 players and stimulate quiters, but this map was never ment for them.
Eventhought you see DBZ in the titel, this map is as much Bleach and Naruto map.

3. Models/Abilities preview

I have created a small release some time ago. This version DOESN'T show the current battle/ability/storyline/quest system, but you can get a preview of the models and arrow key abilities

Click Here To Download

4. Help needed

The map is still in its early stage but i still need Testers/Idears/Soryline writers/ people who can create a website /spread the map etc.

Idears are always welcome. What would you like to see, which quest, bosses, economy? I am working with WE since 2004 and have a lot of experience. I can create almost anything that is possible with GUI. So keep those idears coming.
Even if you know very little/nothing of DBZ, i am sure that you will find it a very injoyable map with a strong storyline and an awesome teamplay.

You can post here or mail to [email protected]

And if there are other good mapmakers here, maybe we can unite our strenght
Or even to create a DBZ mapmaking team

5. Screenshots

ZSquad.jpg

jard.jpg

City.jpg

othertrans.jpg

Untitled-2copy.jpg

VegetaRegenerating.jpg

naamloos.jpg

And this short movie will show one of the things you can do in the game (evil vs earth forces fighting)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6gpI7jqa8I

Last edited:
Level 2
So you're still around, eh Pepper? I still remeber you from maps.worldofwar.net, anyway I'd love to see some terrain shots. And I figure I will help you if you allow it. And as far as I know neither one of those is active but there are two others in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.