• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does Reforged come with model editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi I think I read multiple times that reforged comes 'with new high quality models and the tool to make your own' so does this mean there will be a model editor + rigging and animation ect. included when we get Reforged?

Level 6
Yes I thought aswell that they use Maya thats why I'm so confused about this announcement.
I would like to start making my own models but don't know if I should wait for this feature new editor.
I can't afford Maya because I don't do modeling professional.

Level 16
Use the trial or get a students license, i've got my last update a few days before i finished my TU and used it almost for a year afterwards.
Maya is really fun to use.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Hi I think I read multiple times that reforged comes 'with new high quality models and the tool to make your own' so does this mean there will be a model editor + rigging and animation ect. included when we get Reforged?
@apsyll: We do not know because as of this writing, WC3:R has not been released.

Considering how the Mac version of the game has been mostly neglected, we are not even sure any editor will ship for these officially supported computers/OSes, when WC3:R gets released.

Level 6
The core of my question is, is there any further information proof in form from quotes or other media of officials, that would support my understanding of this sentence being a hint that this 3D creating program/extension exists/ will be shared with the reforged release
or is it just me putting blizzard words in their mouth?

I guess blizzard is still using Maya and therefor not able to publish the program along with reforged, because it's not owned by them, but what else could this sentence mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.