• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Questions about Reforged (To Modelers & Others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So instead of creating 2 separate forum posts i decided to meld these questions in one thread, since both are about reforged.

1) Due to very high quality models in reforged, is this going to create a big vacuum in model creators? I Don't think there is that many freelancer model creators who can just put lot of time creating same quality models into Reforged like Wc3 did in past? Or am i wrong?

2) Has there been any confirmation on that the playergap will be increased from 12 to 14? Also the current world editor has limitations how many factions can exist (team size) any news on adding multiple? Without hassling with triggers?

3) Has Blizzard said anything about importing assets from HOTS?

4) Will lot of existing wc3 3rd party tools still work in new editor such as BLP creator for icons etc.

5) What is the new limit of MB size of custom maps?

6) Am i delusional by thinking that blizz may consider to do a DLC campaign to reforged?

7) Skins that were datamined, are we gonna see more of them in future? has blizz made any announcements regarding them yet?

Sorry for many questions, but these are things i'm really interested as a old mapmaker who would love to come back to reforged.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Hello Sugi, welcome to the Hive!

1. It's true that the quality level of Reforged models takes longer than the Classic models, thus we may see a decline in the number of custom-made models for Reforged. We do, however, intend on promoting modeling for Reforged with contests, special ratings, patreon support, tutorials etc. We will also create a WoW model section, for people to download WoW models that may fit Reforged more than Classic to get things started.
  2. Reforged and Classic can support up to 24 players in game since Patch 1.29.
  3. We have talked to Blizzard regarding exports from HOTS (Heroes of the Storm) into WC3 Reforged, and they have allowed it.
  4. No, I'm afraid. Our community has to create new tools that support the new formats. However, Blizzard will release a plug-in for Maya.
  5. As of patch 1.27b maps can support up to 128MB. This might be subject to change with Reforged.
  6. No ;) Blizzard has already stated that future content/DLC may come available at a later point.
  7. I don't know.

Level 2
Hello Sugi, welcome to the Hive!

1. It's true that the quality level of Reforged models takes longer than the Classic models, thus we may see a decline in the number of custom-made models for Reforged. We do, however, intend on promoting modeling for Reforged with contests, special ratings, patreon support, tutorials etc. We will also create a WoW model section, for people to download WoW models that may fit Reforged more than Classic to get things started.
  2. Reforged and Classic can support up to 24 players in game since Patch 1.29.
  3. We have talked to Blizzard regarding exports from HOTS (Heroes of the Storm) into WC3 Reforged, and they have allowed it.
  4. No, I'm afraid. Our community has to create new tools that support the new formats. However, Blizzard will release a plug-in for Maya.
  5. As of patch 1.27b maps can support up to 128MB. This might be subject to change with Reforged.
  6. No ;) Blizzard has already stated that future content/DLC may come available at a later point.
  7. I don't know.

Thanks for the replies.

2. Does this mean also mean computers too ? I'm still wondering about increasing number of teams (forces) since original editor had cap of 4 or 5 factions i think.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
We will also create a WoW model section, for people to download WoW models that may fit Reforged more than Classic to get things started.
Very excited to hear this, Archian. For a long time, I myself wasn't keen to the idea of WoW models being put into Hive, but with Reforged coming, I am glad that it will now be allowed.

This brings the question, however, if the section will be made for people to upload ripped WoW models, or if the section will contain such models from the beginning?
Or in other words - is the intention to create a section for people to rip WoW models and then upload them to, or will the section contain such models to begin with?

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.