• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged models - Still the same skinning type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey

I know the original version of WC3 didn't allow for unbalanced skin weights when attaching skin to joints on a model, has this changed in Reforged?

Some of the animations on the flag models in reforged made we wonder, but I haven't figured out how to open them for myself in a 3d software yet.

I've tried importing models with unbalanced skin weights into the editor myself, and they animate poorly as expected, but I'm thinking it might be a limitation of using old MDX converters.

V6ReFs8.png

Last edited:
Level 4

Nice thanks, got the 3dsmax script to work (at least enough to get the info I needed).

To answer my own question: Yes Reforged models have better skinning allowing for better and less static animations like HotS and SC.

Just need @Taylor_Mouse to get that exporter working and I'll be a happy camper<3

Status
Not open for further replies.