• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged models -> SC2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey all - has anybody found an easy workflow to get reforged models into SC2 editor? Looks like they patched SC2 editor to make it easier, and i much prefer the terraining options and trigger editor of SC2; but it would be much preferable to use Reforged models rather than the classic wc3 ones.

I could probably write the computer program to do that conversion if I studied the Sc2 format for a couple of weekends, but I'm not going to because I don't care about that. Sc2 after that update crashed on most .w3x files, and that data group editor thing still didnt have Structures Built or Units Trained.

We have to draw the line somewhere and support Reforged. When I realized Blizzard wants to assume we can just make War3 modders play Sc2 that's when I realized how critical it is for me to support Reforged right now before the oligarchy in California decides to eliminate our game forever.

No one is going to help you with this, because they're all hurting badly after the hostile social manipulation to turn people against Reforged. I'm sure you understand.

Reforged is Patch 1.29 changing the game to have 16:9 resolution. Reforged is Patch 1.30 changing the game so that port forwarding is no longer necessary. Reforged is Patch 1.31 changing the editor so that it was possible for a friend to send me a map with a custom fullscreen 3d fps game experience where I could build a tunnel out of minecraft blocks. People who say Reforged is a scam not worth $30 are misrepresenting reality or don't want any of these things because they don't like the game.

If you want to use Reforged assets, then play Reforged.

Edit: My opinions do not represent any official opinions of the Hive Workshop and I would not be surprised if some day I lose my status as a Tool Reviewer for expressing them. This website hides 90% of Reforged custom model assets that are uploaded by putting them in an invisible category called Substandard. Whether deliberately or not this leads several people to the conclusion that only the legacy 2003 style of custom models have available user content. Coicidence or anti-Reforged conspiracy? Who knows.

So, my opinion here is solely my own.

Edit 2: I'm kind of kidding, the people here are great people. But it is true what I am sharing are not any official opinions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.