1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join the 6th Melee Mapping Contest for a chance to have your map featured in this year's Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World Editor not working 1.26

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Inuyasha546, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Inuyasha546

Inuyasha546

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello,

I'm attempting to install 1.26 WE. I have not bought reforged but am using the latest version of wc3 which I found to 1.32d through the WE. The first thing I did was download a separate version of wc3 and set it to patch 1.26 using

Warcraft 3 Legacy Installer (1.21b - 1.27a)

This successfully installed wc3 1.26 but it would not open the 1.26 WE, it would only open the reforged editor and I knew this because no matter how I tried opening maps it would load reforged graphics.

I eventually ended up uninstalling all traces of wc3 from my computer and trying the link above again. This once again does not open the world editor and asks me with what program I want to open maps with. Whenever I choose WE it just keeps asking me the same thing.

I have also tried
    [Solved] - World Editor Not opening.

which basically cleared the registries but this also does not work.

What can I do to get 1.26 WE to work?

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  3. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    WorldEdit 1.32 changes a Registry entry that doesn't play nice with the older versions of the editor. I've documented it extensively and submitted it to Blizzard, but this is unlikely to get fixed by them since they don't want people doing this in the first place.

World Editor versions issue with Windows Registry

Full path of key located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\WorldEdit

The key in question is called “Tool Windows” under “WorldEdit”. The value the 1.32 editor changes this to will cause any older version of WorldEdit to crash when this was not the case prior to the last patch.

=====

What I ultimately did was make a .Reg file for what the value of "Tool Windows" should be for 1.26 and apply that whenever I need to use the older editor again. Every time you run the 1.32 Editor again it changes the value back.

I can't post the actual file because of various reasons, but this is its contents more or less:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\WorldEdit]
    "Tool Windows"=hex:00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
    80,06,00,00,00,00,00,00,80,07,00,00,e3,03,00,00

4. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    This does not work. The OS cannot allow you to import a Hex value into registry. A binary key value is needed.

It worked for me when I deleted the key named "Tool Windows".

5. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    That value is exactly what the old World Editor has for it and deleting it over and over won't change that.

And beside which what in the world are you using if RegEdit doesn't accept something it generated itself?

6. FIRETRUCK2

FIRETRUCK2

Resources:
    Resources:
    is this the only way to access an old version of the editor? Could you explain in a little more detail exactly how to do it? I dont know what making a .Reg file means for instance :) Also, do I need different values for different versions of the game? Im on 1.27b atm

7. HerlySQR

HerlySQR

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh that helped me thx.