• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Switching wc3 version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello,

I'm trying to get a 1.26 wc3 version to use the world editor. However I can't find guides or tools that work. The closest thing I found was a version switcher but it suffers from the same problem that JNGP has: both of these programs want the location of Wc3/WE but ever since the new patch I can't seem to find that location.

Any help on getting 1.26 wc3/WE is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Level 4
ahh, thank you. I had found that earlier but I had misunderstood how to install it properly. I believe that should solve my problem, thank you!

Level 4
ok, I have successfully installed wc3 TFT 1.26. However, now I cannot open the world editor. JNGP is also not opening. The only way I have found to open the editor is to manually pick a wc3 map (like base RTS maps) and use "open with" and choose the 1.26 wc3 WE client. This gives me an odd result: It opens the map with reforged graphics... Any ideas on how to proceed?

Level 4
It's not working :/ I think this is different than the original topic of this threat so I'll make a new one. TY for the help tho

Status
Not open for further replies.