• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Version switcher from 1.28.2 to 1.26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Does this version switcher exist? I would like to have both connection to battle.net, playing newest maps and also to play with my friends on gameranger, who have 1.26 version. Is it possible?

Level 9
I have done that, but when I tried to open the switcher it wrote this. It was unable to find the path itself, so I had to define it, however I don't know why it always add "replay" after.
Bez názvu.png
Also when I switched to another version and opened the warcraft it wrote the following:
Bez názvu.png

And then
Bez názvu.png2.png

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Level 2
You have to get into 1.27a and change display settings (mine 1920x1080 x32) then you'll be able to run older versions

Level 6
I never heard of Gameranger? I have heard of Garena(old) W3Arena(1.26) and Netease(asian). Netease is asian server so I do not use that one. W3Arena is the only other server I use beside Bnet, and it is highly recommended for being the best other than Netease.

You do not need 2 separate installs for W3arena and you do not need to use the Version Switch. I do not know about Netease because I do not use Netease, but you do NOT need to have 2 separate installs of WC3 to play on BOTH Bnet AND W3Arena on one PC... just stop using Gameranger and use W3arena its much better

I have installed only ONE folder of WC3 yet I can easily switch between version 1.28 for bnet, or 1.26 for w3a very quickly, AND i do NOT use the stupid version switcher because none of that is necessary!

Here is how I setup my WC3:

I had wc3 installed with version 1.26 and had W3Arena up and running. Then I went to get the new 1.28 patch for Bnet, but it was different. Instead of running Frozenthrone.exe we now use the new Launcher.exe so, oddly enough the Launcher.exe and the Frozenthone.exe are separate versions of the game

When I updated to 1.28 it obviously over writes 1.26, so I then download the OFFICIAL bnet 1.26 patch (not the version switcher) and repatch to 1.26, now when I run the Frozenthrone.exe OR w3arena.exe it loads up into 1.26 instaly and works fine.

When I want to go back to 1.28 I simply run the new Launcher.exe again. Every time it will say "new update required" but it takes 5 seconds and is ready to go. Then when I want to go back to 1.26 the original Frozenthrone.exe is already set to 1.26 so no need to repatch again.

Last edited:
Level 1
So how exactly do you do this from 1.28 to 1.26a? I cannot figure it out at all. Whenever I try to get another WC3 it is automatically 1.28 when I open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.