• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do you have a (legal) copy of the beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
This sums up my expectations:

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23710610827&sid=3000&pageNo=1
http://starcraft.incgamers.com/blog/comments/starcraft-ii-beta-interview-dustin-browder-at-vg247/

What level of concurrency to you want to get to before the end of the beta?

Dustin Browder: I think we want to maintain about 10,000. It’s sort of our goal, and we’ve just about hit that at this point. I can see we’re at 9,000-something right now, and 10,000 is the goal. That makes our match-maker really happy, makes it really sing when we’re about at those numbers. If we get much higher than that we’ll just leave it, and if we see concurrency fall off we’ll add more keys until we get back to those numbers.

I see they are saying it is already 9,000 so their roof will be ~10,000. That means like 1000 keys more and GG :/ Then dont tell me why some ppl dl SC2.

Oh and if there are free spots or competition falls (doub it, even though some single WoWers decide to earn money frm their keyss), so in case it falls, they may send more keys...

Level 4
Man the beta is soo good.
You should join ASAP if you get the key.
If you have a beta ID friend me: MoOn.guy.

Level 15
They won't be able to exclude me because I don't play on the beta servers. I don't play on ANY servers, for that matter. I play with bots. Good bots, actually.

Level 7
I got in :p my name is HELLYA.dallas
Also i heard there will be a Major Content Patch in Mid-April which will contain Social Features and...The Crown Jewel...THE EDITOR!!!
also if you want a shot a getting a key i hear UDMod is giving away a key

Level 22
I've given a shot to several places and forums, some requested that I'm an active member - why would I waste time on a forum just for a key, another was going to make a contest but didnt, others turnt out to be a scam - facebook, Twitter - never trust these esp. if there are Surveys... I believe UDMod from what i read but it's a US key... Thx for the info btw.

Level 7
I've given a shot to several places and forums, some requested that I'm an active member - why would I waste time on a forum just for a key, another was going to make a contest but didnt, others turnt out to be a scam - facebook, Twitter - never trust these esp. if there are Surveys... I believe UDMod from what i read but it's a US key... Thx for the info btw.

NP, still cant believe i got 2 beta keys hehe.

Level 5
In the recent twitter Q&A, they mentioned chat channels and the like. There's a major content patch coming along in april, so we might learn more about it then. They won't be adding channels during the beta however.

If you haven't already, you can check the Q&A out here.

Level 22
Just so you know. Blizzard are now giving emails to ppl already in Beta to get a second key. The idea of Blizzard giving the 2nd key is that current beta tester to give a key to his friend. This is done for EU because the current number of players is much lower than US and what I posted here and on Bizzards SC2GDF ofc - as usual no1 took me seriously. And now they are waking up that actually indeed a lot of NA ppl got in, msot are US people and all refused to beleive me.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5613/sc2inv.png

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=116368

And now they are waking up that I was right, but who am I to be speaking the truth? Good morning! I'm not gonna believe anymore any1 for anything in any forum, facebook, or whatever. Blizzard can simply put their keys where the sun doesnt shine and Im soon gonna Opt-out because my patience is nearly on the edge. An RTS player whose played War3 in many tournaments competitively for all these years doesnt have the chance that many of my war3 opponents on these tournaments currently have. I dont wanna be sorried by anyone or anyone to be like 'if i didnt give you a key you would never have been into it'. If nothing, good, then I will do my part that will be to return Blizzard's 'favor'

Level 5
They're probably trying to get the party/friend features tested more. It's nothing personal. It's probably just some designer guy looking at at the statistics and saying "hey, only 15% of our testers play arranged team games" or something along those lines, and his collegue says "Why not set our key generator to favour people who already have accounts? They'll give it to their friends, and our social tools will be used a lot more!"

These are just assumptions, of course. I don't know why they don't just implement public chat to be honest. Outside of the beta forums, there's little to no ingame community right now.

EDIT: Just read your screenshot (was blocked on college pc's). It makes sense now that some people are getting 3-4 keys. They need to test larger parties than just two. My guess is that if certain users have 3 or 4, there's a greater chance of them all trying to group up together at once. They may also be enabling 3v3 and 4v4 matches in the upcoming content patch.

It's all due to the harsh reality that is statistics.

Last edited:
Level 12
I got in via the share with a friend thing.
If you want it, GET A FRIEND IRL. I mean really. He texted me today when I got home saying he got the email, I doubted it, but holy eff I'm in.

Level 22
Since February 16th (Beta release) I'm wasting so many hours to check so many places and forums on the internet, some even for several hours like blizzard's. One reset of the OptIn specs and I'll have no reason to enter any other forum related to beta and will free so much time. Im tempting myself to do it. Im sorry that I started complaining here, this is really my last post about it. I'll look for places like bnet forum where a thread about offering yourself as a friend exists.

Level 12
The reason I have 4 keys is I have 5 battle.net accounts and 2 got into the beta and then both got the friend beta keys :p

Also flames07 please use EDIT instead of doubling posting, Thanks!

Spamming accounts like this to get a key for a friend so we can play.

It won't let me set up beta stuff unless I authenticate a full game. So how did you do it?

Level 22
I blame Blizzard for allowing more than 1 bnet account because those naive guys like me with 1 acc have barely any chance. I also blame them for the whole OptIn idea and the Friend Invite that made people not only have 2 keys from simple invites but also more that encouraged more and more ebay selling... The OptIn is a big joke, but that's all Im gonna say about it, enough complaining.

Level 5
It isnt flawed when you consider the purpose of the beta though: It's not about pleasing fans by giving them a free trial, it's about testing and improving all features of the game. Some features, such as the party system, needed more rigorous testing and so blizzard responded by giving a portion of testers friend keys. The number of people selling them on ebay is negligible compared to the increase in use the buddy features will likely get.

Again, statistics can be a bitch, but everything from unit balance to key distribution depends on it.

Level 12
My username is Pyritie.cake if anyone wants to add me

cake. lulz. Shoulda seen that coming.

Where do you live? As in, Europe or NA? Hopefully NA, then we can play together =3
(See, SC2 has a really messed up, unchangeable realm selection. I therefor cannot play with Ralle. D:)

Level 22
So ur from UK like my team of war3 players. Well nice, fellow European.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23767564167&sid=5000&pageNo=1

Rumors are spread about a new friend invite in SC2GDF. You may receive a 2nd key guys if you have 1 only, but I can't guarantee. They have like 3,5,6 keys while others - zero. Well, for those unlucky guys like us only a friend invite can cure the pain. Opt-ins are history.

Originally posted by a guy in SC2GDF
Yeh I just got invited by a friend last week and got a friend invite in my email earlier today. Kinda weird they didnt just do another opt in wave.

Level 6
Had the beta for maybe a week now. Mostly looking forward to getting my hands on the Editor, but I'm having a play around on the Ladder as well. Currently I'm in Gold.

Edit: I'm on the US servers as kharma.mapcrafters

Last edited:
Level 9
Having played on a friends computer, I must say the game is great. I cant believe people are spamming accounts to get in the beta: I either should have thought of that or else the people should be banned.

I cant tell. But yeah, the game has serious problems when you alt tab: when you come back, it blinks black for like 30 seconds before figuring itself out.

SC2 is great, BNet 2.0 looks to be fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.