• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do you have a (legal) copy of the beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I got into the beta with a blizzcon key, unfortunately upon playing I made only one discovery:

I need a knew computer to actually enjoy SC2 =(

Level 11
Got my key last night, extracting all the galaxy info and trying to compile a nice list of natives for those of us interested in modding

Level 15
Got my key last night, extracting all the galaxy info and trying to compile a nice list of natives for those of us interested in modding

Nice, should be quite useful.

I'll be keeping the beta on my PC until the full version is released. Can't wait to tear this game apart and examine the decisions the designers made as far as unit balance and level design go.

Level 11
didn't notice the other thread, but then again I wasn't looking either

It seems there is a lot of galaxy code missing, prob due to the fact that the beta is only a small portion of the game

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I got mine, looking forward the most to the galaxy editor, hopefully that will be released in the beta next month as promised.
Oh give us some vids, some screenies and if you can download any map. Send them to me. I want the site to support SC2 maps :)

Don't bother. The other thread already has all the code that COULD be extracted, amirite? I have a copy too but I couldn't find any more then just AI scripts.
Someone said that when you get online you download more parts of the game. Maps maybe aswell.

I am very interested in getting a map from SC2!

You know you may not recieve the key. And the correct way of getting SC2 is getting the key then downloading it from blizzard website itself.

Noob, proves you have NEVER been in a beta. A blizzard beta at least. Even WoW and Starcraft use torrents. See, the Downloader works like a torrent. The torrent is downloaded, and then applied.

Level 12
Stathis, you're the noob. On all OFFICIAL and CLOSED betas and ALL of online purchases, you get the key then input it on the Blizzard Website and get a download link. You can download all blizzard games that way.

Noob, proves you have NEVER been in a beta. A blizzard beta at least. Even WoW and Starcraft use torrents. See, the Downloader works like a torrent. The torrent is downloaded, and then applied.

Stathis, you're the noob. On all OFFICIAL and CLOSED betas and ALL of online purchases, you get the key then input it on the Blizzard Website and get a download link. You can download all blizzard games that way.

Either way you're getting an official, legal download of the program instead of an "alternative" one.

Level 8
Nope there is none. Basically people are plucking people from a giant random pool. So it doesn't matter how long you've waited or just registered, if you get picked you're picked.

Not just a random pool; perhaps for some, but not all. They are also sending keys to people with specific system specifications (as to test it and make sure it can play on the variety of gaming machines they are aiming for). That is why Battle.Net has a program that searches your information on your computer and then sends it away: so then you cannot fake your information in a dxdiag file, not just for your convenience and/or if you don't know how to get your dxdiag.

"You won't get a key" Perhaps. Here's to hoping that they will go the Battlefield Heroes way and eventually give out massive amounts of beta keys.

EDIT: No, I didn't get a key. :(

Level 22
Let me update your info:

1) Wave 1 is over don't expect anything soon. In fact don't expect anything, it will only disappoint you.
2) You can get it either thru email or bnet 2.0. Some are saying they have it in their emails, others are saying their emails are empty but when they log on to bnet 2.0 they see the SC2 box right there.

I won't get anything again.. I just know it. What I dont get is how some completely irresponsible and careless people are getting those keys. Not to say clueless about RTS at all.

In the mean time: The German top WC3 Player nfac!SoKoL that I know by nick playing (all WC3 Tops and most semi-pros got keys by default)

Level 15
Let me update your info:

1) Wave 1 is over don't expect anything soon. In fact don't expect anything, it will only disappoint you.
2) You can get it either thru email or bnet 2.0. Some are saying they have it in their emails, others are saying their emails are empty but when they log on to bnet 2.0 they see the SC2 box right there.

I won't get anything again.. I just know it. What I dont get is how some completely irresponsible and careless people are getting those keys. Not to say clueless about RTS at all.

They're getting them because it's completely random...

Status
Not open for further replies.