• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do you have a (legal) copy of the beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How can you say Bnet 2.0 is better? It limits you to 1 account, with a permanent name; they better be changing that after the beta is done. It also has no chat rooms, but they are apparently adding those after beta, which is fine.

But no, the little chat windows are utter fail. Complete with their fail with nVidias newer drivers (although, older ones fix alt tab problem) causing overheating, I have little faith. It looks pretty, but it looks like an art major thought it all up: very little functionality, all flair.

Again though, once you actually get into the game it is spectacular, and the editor looks like it will prove itself to be on par with the WC3 one at the very least. My main issue is with the horrid lobby, which is where I spent a fair amount of time on WC3.

Level 9
I'm in the god damn beta. Envy me puny mortals for you will never achieve my random luck of being chosen over millions of people who opted in. I laugh at your pathetic misery. HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!

Level 34
Yeah, I have SC2 Beta but I have a problem with downloading maps. Every time I try to join a match or just download the map I get this error:
SC2-Error.png
But, I somehow actually managed to download two maps and I can finally play it now. I can say that the Zerg are awesome, Protoss are incredible and Terran epic, I love them all!
terran-grin.gif

The name is 'Cyratos' and identifier name is 'ragelance'.

Level 22
I previously won a pre-order copy of sc2 from a contest, now again from a contest won Beta access and last night I received the Blizzard email after so many times of 'no new messages' every time I entered my email. My 1st contest - battleforums in 2009, then, since Feb 2010: facebook, TeamLiquid, SC2FR, Voodoex3m/IGN, GosuGamers ep 2 and 3, Pandaria (war3 solo tour), other French site, IncGamers 1st contest without luck until now.

beta owners @Europe, here I come ;>

Level 5
I have only one account and I've been waiting patiently for my key, although since I got it I need a better graphics card so yeah.

Level 22
Well, yeah, but your aslo really exicted and into it more than anyone. share your experience please.

I have played SC1 for 2 years in the 90s, War3 for 7 years, I am a proud war3 player who was getting good. Im surprised that some war3 good players make their way to gold even platinum league and yet, I have a hard time winning o__O I mean I get war3 supply like 60-80 they always get over 100 supply. I know I have to do as well, but they are always do units faster.

P.S I selected Veteran as being an RTS player + ladder reset = getting mass good players. I dont complain but I cant win a game while actually playing well, I cant explain it. Im much better controling in battles all thx to my years in war3 but in macro... making much units, not.... So far I love it and have intention to play hard.

When I bought War3 roc and tft I did both competitive and mapmaking, I didnt play other games for that time, ever! I intend to do the same in SC2, as in ofc I will do mapmaking and recreate my city there, also various other maps and stuff, duh, but just mapmaking = what did I buy sc2 for?

Level 12
Well, what I saw was more exact, with all the names. (For example, in the more common lore of wc3, the name Menethil is mentioned. In the game, it is NEVER EVER mentioned.)

But it IS the complete lore! Thanks :B

Status
Not open for further replies.