1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Discuss Film & TV Series - Ratings & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by shiiK, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    @EdwardElric - I mentioned you for a reason! Caaaauuuseee:

Blood Creek - Best movie ever, the story is good but shitty reviewers downvoted it cause of "Animal Abuse" Which ONLY Fucking uses CGI on those parts, but the undead stuff, Yeah I love it, so as the main antagonist. Good Ku Klux Klan/Twilight/-theme Stuff.. oh, also the part where superman's former job was a fucking Nazi-Vampire hunter. LOL

Eden Lake - Shitty movie, Kids fucking up magneto, LOL. I only liked the part, the rest.. Total bullshit..

^ I recommend ya to watchie the Blood Creek..

2. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Watched a few more:

• World War Z,
    • Kill Bill, Phone Booth,
    • Kingdom of Heaven

and rewatched The Day After Tomorrow.

3. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Watched Rogue one, Sadly it's Recorded on Cam from a Puto Cinema. (Spain) The story was good so far, I only liked the few characters except the girl tho. (Chirrut, Andor, KS20 and Saw G.) The ending was shit tho, the main characters died :c

4. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Finished House of Cards seasons 1-4 (all as of now): I can imagine it not being for everyone, but if you like the first season you gonna like the rest.

5. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    ^Season 1 was good, though I didn't enoy all of the rest so much.

Wayward Pines - fine concept, good twist in season one, though quality decrases afterwerds.

edit: finished The Sopranos ... who has not watched it, definitly should!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  6. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    SPOILERS
    I guess I like high shock factor; peeing on father's grave and dropping Jesus statue were really unexpected to me. Also the train scene, kill happened unexpectedly, whereas the car scene was kind of dragged on (I predicted how the scene would end).

Edit: For reference:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  7. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Bucket List for 2017 Bingewatch:
    1. Silence
    2. Life (Alien Copy Shit)
    3. Alien: Covenant
    4. Return of Xander Cage
    5. Monster Trucks
    6. The Mummy
    7. Another Star Wars Shit

8. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    I watched some movies and I'll put some words about them now.

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
    REALLY BAD, ATLEAST BETTER THAN SUICIDE SQUAD, A BIT.

Suicide Squad
    REALLY REALLY BAD. THA CARTOON VERSION IS MUCH BETTER.

Avengers Age of Ultron
    REALLY BAD.

Captain America Civil War
    REALLY BAD.

X-Men Apocalypse
    REALLY BAD. THE OLD X-MEN LEGENDS 2 GAME HAS MUCH BETTER PLOT. THIS APOCALYPSE IS SO LAME WITH LAME TEAMS.

Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV
    TOTALLY AWESOME.

The Flash series.
    PRETTY GOOD.

That's my detailed reviews. Thanks for reading.

9. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello gents, just dropping by to share something.

This isn't technically a film or a tv series, but a web series, so a series nonetheless.
    What's more is that my GF is part of the production of this series, she's the editor
    (And other stuff). :)

It's a funny, wacky, series about a group of students sharing a flat that discover
    magical powers, and how this alters their otherwise normal lives. I hope you'll give
    it a watch, a chance and maybe even share and subscribe.

Link to the channel: Partway Productions

10. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The regular doom rock bar/hangout I frequent hosts monthly screenings of weird horror/exploitation/fringe/whatever flicks. It's a pretty sweet setup. They pick out three films based on whatever theme they have for the evening, and then write cryptic descriptions for each film without revealing the title so people can vote on whichever description they like best.

The theme yesterday was "Recent features that spark hope for the future", and the subtheme that won was "Punkrockers bite off more than they can chew".

Long story short, they screened Green Room by Jeremy Saulnier. And I gotta say, it was fucking awesome. Free of most annoying horror tropes, cool plot and setting, unpredictable plot developments, real nice cinematography, neo-nazis, basically everything you could ask for.

If you also think horror is a dying genre, or if you just want to see Patrick Stewart turning his normal typecasting flat on its face, check it out.

Green Room (2015) - IMDb

11. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warcraft? No one really recommended?

12. Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Resources:
    Resources:
    Supernatural(serie) is highly,highly,highly recommended for watching.

Do u wanna know why?
    The story is epic and awesome,ik. that the graphics of monsters are not really something,but u know what?! its all about the story,which is epic,amazing and awesome.
    So if u search for a good story,supernatural is just the right thing for you.

Here is a nice Trailer(Warning contains SPOILERS):

Here is some more information(dont watch the video,it contains spoilers):
    Supernatural - IMDb

P.S.im currently done with season 11.

13. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I also like Supernatural and my Favorite character is Castiel. Damn Misha's good tho.

14. BlueBean

BlueBean

Resources:
    Resources:
    Moana, yes the animation, my kids loved it and I liked it too :)

15. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lost count of how many I watched since I've been away.
    • The Myth with Jackie Chan comes to mind. Not a great piece, but fairly entertaining, combining humor on a modern day era with combats from a medieval one.
    • Looper. The first 30 minutes of the movie feel bland, like it was just another gun shooting for the sake of wrecking stuff and people, but the movie progressively gets better towards the end.
    • The Prestige (IMdb: 8.5/10). I thought a movie about two magicians would be fairly boring, but it turned out to be quite good; first by the fair amount of plot twists, and then by the morally questionable choices by the protagonists that leave you wondering where you stand.
    I'll add more as I remember.

16. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Valar Morghulis.

17. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I recommend Marco Polo for anyone who isn't squeamish, loves Mongolian throat singing, and the principles of Sun Tzu and Machiavelli. Oh did i mention there is a pegging scene. Yes, you heard that right pegging. Sadly there won't be a season 3.

Similar series are: The Last Kingdom and Vikings.

I'm a sucker for historical series so won't give any of them a rating but I'd say they are all competing in the same league. Vikings possibly being the weaker of the bunch.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  18. Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Resources:
    Resources:
    I highly recommend American Horror Story for anyone who likes epic stories.

19. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm quite fond of historical series as well. Recently I've been watching Victoria. Not sure how accurate it is, but it's got good immersion and the protagonist feels relatable.

I've been watching that one closely. I think I once ranted here about it being fiddled with unnecessary scenes. It seems, now that they are gone, people are finding the series's run overly short. I wonder why that is :rolleyes::xxd:

I've watched all installments of Alien except the last one, Young Sherlock Holmes (1985, loved it, though the child actors performed kinda poorly), and Nanny McPhee Returns (2010).

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  20. Imperator

Imperator

Resources:
    Resources:
    I recommend White Collar for anyone looking for a light hearted and entertaining twist on cop show (I've seen first 3 seasons, I don't know what's it like after that though).
    Band of Brothers is a great, but short tv series about the second world war. It's not just a documentation of historic events. It also has interesting characters.

As for the movies, if you like westerns I recommend The Unforgiven and The Fistful of Dollars trilogy, though chances are you've already seen them if you like westerns. I also recommend Gran Torino and Dirty Harry movies. (Yes, all these movies feature Clint Eastwood xD)
    Seven Samurai is also an excellent film for pretty much anyone, unless you can't do without action every few minutes.