• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disabling/enabling attacks from an unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,

How can I disable one attack and enable another attack for a unit temporarily? Or alternatively force it to use the second attack over the first attack for a limited duration.

Thanks in advance.

Level 26
I'm not sure it's posible since attacks refer to target types.
And in fact you can change the classification for targets in given situation but I doubt you look for this kind of solution since it's complicated.

Attacks can also be manipulated via upgrades (like tanks in war3 ladder gains additional one after reseaching volley).

However, upgrades can not be removed after they are finished and thus the change is permanent.

Level 5
Silence can be used if one attack is ranged and the other is melee, possibly you could also set Attack Type of one of the attacks to "Spells" and block it with Silence in that way, though that might affect the use of the attack in other ways too.

Status
Not open for further replies.