• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Siege mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys!

I was wondering how can you make a unit siege up in wc3, like siege tanks siege up in sc2.

I tried doing it with night elven ancients spell, but it only works for buildings.

So basicaly what would said spell have to do is:

1. Normal ranged ground unit with attack-1
2. Use the said "take roots" spell which would "root" the unit making it unable to move, disabling attack-1, but enabling attack-2.
3. Clicking the "root up" spell would "unroot" the unit, making it to move again, disabling attack-2 and enabling attack-1 again.

Anyone knows how to do that?

Level 11
Try with a second unit, and set its movement speed to 0. Then use the morph ability (from druids) or metamorphosis (from Demon Hunter), and use it to make your unit morph to siege mode.

Level 4
Ty m8, but now I have few other problems considering attack/spell animations, but I will try to fix them myself.

+rep

Level 11
Yes, my solution is really not great, it's weird when units in siege mode are aiming at enemies who are not right in front of them. I suppose the best way to address this would be to have a model that has specific attack animations like human Cannon Tower, which doesn't move but has a rotating turret.
What kind of unit are you trying to get a siege mode to?

Level 4
The model is custom made Model.

I was thinking of using the models spell channel two anim for a siege up mode and maybe spell throw for attack-2, but I have no idea how to do that and it sounds a lil' bit complicated to me.

The other solution is to somehow set spell throw anim to attack-2.

Level 11
You can change the animation names with Magos Model Editor (in sequence manager). However, it's better to ask the model author's permission before editing their model.

Anyway, it's not a perfection solution either, because that model doesn't seem to be designed for siege mode purposes, and unless someone more competent than me comes to the rescue, you'll probably get bizarre animations whatever you do. :cconf:

Status
Not open for further replies.