• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stun Root Silence Disarm via trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
1.How can i stun a unit via triggers ?
2.How can i root a unit via triggers ?
3.How can i silence a unit via triggers ?
4.How can i disarm a unit via triggers ?
Explications :
1.Stun a unit means : unable to move or cast spells or items
2.Root a unit means : unable to move but can attack and cast spells
3.Silence a unit means : unable to cast spells or items
4.Disam a unit means : unable to attack

Waiting for solutions ...

Level 13
Use these:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Your unit here)
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Your unit here)
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Silence (Your Target Point Here))
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Undead Necromancer - Cripple (Your Unit Here)
Make sure the caster have the spell.

Level 33
1.How can i stun a unit via triggers ?
You can use an enhanced version of Pause System (I don't know where to find it)
Use Pause action, then add some special effect to that unit (the "stun" effect) at "overhead" of that unit
But Pause action can do some weird thing/bug which one of it, the duration for a metamorphosis or hexed duration is paused too.

2.How can i root a unit via triggers ?
Same as above, with an edited special effect of "roots" from the "origin" of the affected units.

3.How can i silence a unit via triggers ?
Silence itself is an ability, not an action caused by Triggers, therefore, it is impossible to achieve without using ability from the Object Editor.
You can however cancels the unit's order when he is about to cast an ability with an error message of "You are silenced. Cannot cast any spells", but that system alone can't blacken/fading the skill on the screen (when you are silence, your icon is changed to faded). You can do this with an edited version of DISBTN of your ability icon.

4.How can i disarm a unit via triggers ?
Again, "Attack" is an ability, it is referred as 'Aatk' in its raw code. You can however remove it by using the custom script function:

• Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_Caster, 'Aatk')
But once you did this, you won't be able to restore back the Attack Ability. You can restore it, only by using the Object Editor ability, which is the Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow).

• Actions
    • Custom script: call UnitAddAbility(udg_Caster, 'Abun')
    • Wait 5.00 seconds
    • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_Caster, 'Abun')
The trigger above disarms the Caster unit for 5 seconds.
Abun is the ability raw code of Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.