• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Silence with triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
How can I silence units with triggers? I didnt find any function that does it (is there one? jass or gui, doesnt matter), and the silence-spell is aoe, which makes it hard to trigger dummy-units to cast it. Are there any other spells I can use?

tnx

Level 9
But wouldn't it be easier to set the dummy unit's casting stuff to 0, ability cooldown to 0, spell animation none, then create a dummy and cast to units nearby or in that AoE by picking the units. :)

Hope this will help

EDIT: If you like the idea, will you write it here?, and if yes and you don't know how, i'll write the triggers here.

Tiche3:grin:

Level 9
How can I silence units with triggers? I didnt find any function that does it (is there one? jass or gui, doesnt matter), and the silence-spell is aoe, which makes it hard to trigger dummy-units to cast it. Are there any other spells I can use?

tnx

The spell is AOE (what is that bro?, whut? o_O) i thought he wanted an AoE spell, sorry, my bad, use the stuff they suggested :)

Level 1
You're smarter than most posters here, already.

lol, hehe, tnx man ;)

well, I've done a bit of coding before, so I know the basics, I've just got problems with all the built in functions. They look like a mess...

You're smarter than most posters here, already.
But wouldn't it be easier to set the dummy unit's casting stuff to 0, ability cooldown to 0, spell animation none, then create a dummy and cast to units nearby or in that AoE by picking the units. :)
yeah, my spell is singlecast. what I meant is that the original silence-spell is an aoe-spell. If I wanted it aoe, yours solution sounds quite smart (exept that I'd have to make a new dummy-unit :p).
tnx for the reply anyways

Arga

Level 9
lol, hehe, tnx man ;)

well, I've done a bit of coding before, so I know the basics, I've just got problems with all the built in functions. They look like a mess...

yeah, my spell is singlecast. what I meant is that the original silence-spell is an aoe-spell. If I wanted it aoe, yours solution sounds quite smart (exept that I'd have to make a new dummy-unit :p).
tnx for the reply anyways

Arga

Good luck with mapping ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.