• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to use silence as a dummy spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok, i want to give my Hero a chance to silence the target whenever he attacks, the problem is: silence is an AOE spell while soulburn is lag like hell whenever i order the dummy to cast it, anyone know why and how to solve this ?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Soulburn has perodic damage and other values which are loop prone. Obviously your dummy ability is altered in such a way it causes it to waste a lot of time.

Silence should be usable, you just need to cast it instantly under the target unit with a small AoE so it can hit only 1 unit.

Remember to not use the on attack event, as that is abusable and fires when a unit begins the attack process and not when the attack is fired or the attack cooldown is triggered. Pressing stop or the hotkey for stop (usually s) repetivly will allow it to trigger far more than intended. Especially in the case of silence this could be abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.