• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] What ability do you use for a dummy AOE spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've been trying to create a unique AOE spell that just does a flash of damage within the AOE selection circle.

Using silence seems to interrupt spellcasting in the area even the spell data is set to have no targets and has all "attacks prevented" (including spells) removed. Things like healing spray or blizzard involve channeling so the casting animation is too long, even when I change the casting time/duration/whatever else.

So whats the best spell to use for an AoE selection that can be cast quickly like silence?

Level 4
There's a flag to tick in order to display the AoE selector, and then you have to change the AoE radius like a regular spell.

Channel all the way.
Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhat! I have used the editor for around 10 years and never noticed this. Can't see a reason not to use channel. I think I must have assumed that AoE flag wouldn't have displayed the aoe selector but just applied some kind of AOE like acid bomb or drunken haze do.

If you're confused about channel you can always use Blizzard as a dummy spell with a targeting image. Just make no. of waves and duration to zero

This is good to know, so long as it reduces the casting time to be similar to instant spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.