• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disable automatic music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I would like to know is there a way to disable music from playing automatically? I noticed that whenever i put a trigger command sound-stop theme song or something similar, a new music will play automatically. I'm trying to make a cinematic, where some part of it i don't want to have music at all. I've gone through all(if i didn't miss anything) user interface found on the WE, couldn't find anything that could help.

Orc

Orc

Level 4
I have a kind of "cheat" that might help. Just write in the map description for everybody that is playing to turn there Music volume in Sounds off before playing. If you convert all the music (.mp3) in your game to sounds (.wav), then you can play the music as a sound so people can still here it, but the standard themes that are .mp3s will not be heard.

That's usually how I get around the issue. Perhaps somebody else will have a better way of doing this, as I've never really fixed that problem.

Level 3
Hey, alan. To be honest i want to help you, so i will give you a solution i came up with in 5 minutes. I haven't taken a look at the triggers for sound to see if there is one or not that will disable the warcraft 3 playing music. But if i were you i would import a .wav file that you made that is only 1 or 2 seconds long to keep it small and have it play repetaively.

Orc

Orc

Level 4
Hmmm, ya. Hve you looked in GUI > sound and see if there is a disable music option. I think that there is one.

I don't know about your editor, but on mine there is no 'Disable Music' button on my Sound Editor. There is, however, a 'Decrease Music Volume' button. Maybe that is what you were thinking of hawk900?

Level 8
I'll look. When I finish, I shall update this post.

• Stop Regular Music
  • Events
  • Time - Elapsed game time is .01 (or something like that) seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Sound - Stop Music Immediatly
That should work.
***If you have your music start, make sure it starts after this trigger; eg if the regular music deactivation one is at .2 seconds, and your music starts at .1 seconds, then it will stop yours.

UPDATE: It works! Put this in the WEHZ Soled Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.