1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] Getting music to play continuously

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by darwin, Jan 15, 2018.

1. darwin

darwin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So I'm finally adding music to my campaign; and I assumed this would be easy. It is not, oddly.

I went to the tutorial here on the Hive, and followed the instructions which amounted to playing my music using the "Play Music" action at the start of the map (or shortly thereafter). This was supposed to, "When your game starts, your music will now play in the background as a continuous soundtrack."

• Untitled Trigger 001
      • Events
        • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.05 seconds
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Sound - Play 13_Norwegian_Pirate <gen>

It doesn't. It plays once and never again.

So I tried:
    • Sound - Set the music list to 13_Norwegian_Pirate <gen>, starting with song 0

It didn't play at all; just generic Blizzard music.

Do I really need to time my music and replay it manually? How bad are these music commands?

EDIT:

Sorry, let me make these more precise:

1. How do you get the computer to play one song as a background song?

2. How do I change that background song mid-map?

3. What's the difference between the Play Music action and the Play Music Theme action? The text in the editor suggests the theme only plays once...but so does the "Play Music" action.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Issuing the order for it to play again while it's already playing might be a fix. Try that. Changing it mid-map should be possible by stopping the music and then playing the new one. I can't help you with other things :/

3. darwin

darwin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For those in the future with similar problems, I think I figured it out. The file size of the song was almost 4MB. It would play once just fine, but then never repeated (I made a test map to confirm). I then compressed the song down to less than 2MB and it repeats. I have no idea why that would be...but if you can't get a song to repeat, try using another one to test and then compressing if you need to.

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is very hard/impossible to do as music continues to play while the game is paused and is not altered by game speed.