• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Does music is doing memory leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi I am using this trigger to play special music when the Hero enter the city. When he leave the city, music is back to normal. During playing music theme, normal music is remember by editor. Does this can do memory leak. If is leaking, does anyone knows better trigger for music

HumanVillage music
Events
Unit - A unit enters Humam Village music <gen>
Conditions
((Entering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Actions
Sound - Stop the currently playing music theme
Sound - Play Sound\Music\mp3Music\PH1.mp3

ExitHumanMusic
Events
Unit - A unit leaves Humam Village music <gen>
Conditions
((Leaving unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Actions
Sound - Stop the currently playing music theme

plz use the trigger tags. i think for imported sounds u have to destroy sound then play the other sound.

also change entering unit and leaving unit to triggering unit.
Please stop telling people shit. He does not need to destroy the sound when using GUI, because GUI only allows for editor declared sound variables that are globals.
If you don't know about a topic, then just don't post. It doesn't help anyone spreading half-assed knowledge.

@ TO:
The trigger should be fine. No leaks.

Level 29
Please stop telling people shit. He does not need to destroy the sound when using GUI, because GUI only allows for editor declared sound variables that are globals.
If you don't know about a topic, then just don't post. It doesn't help anyone spreading half-assed knowledge.

@ TO:
The trigger should be fine. No leaks.

like i said i thought he had to no big deal about being wrong if someone corrects u lol.

like i said i thought he had to no big deal about being wrong if someone corrects u lol.
Seriously, it's this attitude I hate the most.
Sure, you just want to help and I totally understand that, but half-assed knowledge is dangerous and makes people learn or assume things that are just plain wrong.

If a child asks you what 2+2 is, do you tell him "3!" if you don't know the answer? I thought so!

This "everyone is an expert" mentality is the root of many evils in this world, especially since it should better be called "everyone pretends to be an expert".

Level 29
Seriously, it's this attitude I hate the most.
Sure, you just want to help and I totally understand that, but half-assed knowledge is dangerous and makes people learn or assume things that are just plain wrong.

If a child asks you what 2+2 is, do you tell him "3!" if you don't know the answer? I thought so!

This "everyone is an expert" mentality is the root of many evils in this world, especially since it should better be called "everyone pretends to be an expert".

I never once said I was an expert lol. Everyone gets things wrong so relax already lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.