[Revised as of 12 July 2017] Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.Dismiss Notice
Group up and create a Warcraft hero based on a member of the Hive and win up to 100 rep and a rank icon. Enter the team contest now!Dismiss Notice
The results for Mini-Mapping Contest #14 is up! Congratulate the winners here!Dismiss Notice
The Concept Art Competition #10 has come to an end. Check out the results!Dismiss Notice
Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest#3 has finished. Check out the results!Dismiss Notice
The Music Contest #9 - Steampunk has begun! Tell the nearest aristocrat, aviator or adventurer.Dismiss Notice
The rewards for the 27th texturing contest have been upped and deadline extended. Enter now to win the new cash price.Dismiss Notice
The [$100 Prize Pool] Special Melee Mapping Contest - Results are out! Congratulate the winners!Dismiss Notice
Darkening of Tirisfal 5.2 Beta
Submitted by Cyclotrutan
"The shadow has fallen over the glades of Tirisfal. The Scourge has desecrated the Scarlet Monastery and is now spreading corruption over the land, reaching ever closer to Capital city. Adventurers from all over Azeroth have gathered on both sides to assist in the battle."
Darkening of Tirisfal is a classic, slow-paced aeon of strife map with a strong focus on hero design. Choose between a variety of unique heroes, ranging from simple heroes with very basic abilities, to heroes with complex and challenging ability systems.
5.0 is a large update on the 4.X versions from 2010. The version features significant improvements to the terrain, the hero selection, and the base layouts. It also features two new complex heroes. None of the new features have been tested extensively; this is a beta version and bugs are likely. With the release version of 5.0, the map will be finally considered a finished product.
Fellow AoS-enthusiast Softmints over at lanepushinggames.com did an interview with me about the map. Check it out!
- Slow-paced, teamwork-based gameplay.
- Beautiful, atmospheric environment.
- 32 heroes, including simple and very complex heroes, many with unique mechanics and a vast repertoire of abilities.
- All Pick, Single Draft, All Random, and Sequenced Pick ("Captain's Mode") game modes.
- Many items and item recipes for tier 2 and tier 3 items.
- Tomes to upgrade the spells of your heroes. These tomes provide scaling possibilities for caster heroes.
- Runes: When having reached max level, the experience gain does not stop. But now, rather then reaching higher levels, you now unlock rune slots by gaining experience. Runes provide an additional passive bonus to your hero.
- Neutral creeps hide in the forests. The most powerful creep camp drops an additional rune slot, but can barely be killed by a single hero.
- Most likely free of any major balance issues. The map has undergone years of balance testing.
Darkening of Tirisfal is made for up to 8 players, 4 on each side. It is most enjoyable when played with 6 players, as a 3v3.
Fa]n[atic, Khaddy, legobomberpilot
for feedback and testing.
for help with triggering and bug fixes.
Tips and Comments
Crimson Coast, CC, Darkening of Tirisfal, Tirisfal, DoT, Aeon of Strife, AoS, Warcraft 3, Dota, PvP
Page 1 of 3
Page 1 of 3