• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Dark Oblivion: World of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11

Dark Oblivion: World of Darkness

Name

Role

BreathingAcidTriggers
UndeadImmortalTerrain
AwzomeWulfzzIdeas

Area

Progress

Terrain||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
Units||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
Triggers||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
Misc.||||| ||||| ||||| |||||

Synopsis

Long ago, an advanced race called the Acianztha fled their homeworld for it was about to end.
They boarded huge ships and traveled galaxies in search for a new home.
In the midst of their journey, their ships were pulled by a nearby planet's gravity, causing them to crash.
In their wake, the landscape only consisted of darkness and faint glows of light.
They decided to set out, they knew they cannot stay in their ships for a long time. They grabbed everything they could need.

The Acianztha roamed the barren planes in darkness for days and there was still no sign of sunlight.
Due to their intelligence, they quickly provided a theory; the planet was void of a sun.
Through various methods, they proved the theory true. It was then when they decided everything that would change their history.

They tore their ships apart, salvaged anything that they could use. They planned to create an artificial sun.
With their advanced technology, this was done in a matter of weeks.
However, this sun can only provide 4 hours of day and needed to recharge for 20 hours.
They started creating settlements. New problems soon arised; predatory creatures use the cover of darkness to hunt for prey.

This caused distraught over the people and their civilization was split into three factions.
These factions are the Sand Wolves, Scorpions and Dune Vipers.
Due to the chaos, their technologies were lost and the factions reverted to primitive ways of living.
They treated each other as enemies but did not interfere with one another's affairs.

The Sand Wolves are the most capable hunters, able to fight night beasts singlehandedly.
They are the best in terms of strength. However, they lack armor, causing them to sustain more damage.

The Scorpions are scouts, they see farther in the dark and are very agile.
Their trainings caused them to neglect their constitution, unable to take heavy damage.

The Dune Vipers utilize their abilities to the fullest.
This causes them to rely heavily on stamina.

Centuries have passed, you are from one of these rivalling factions tasked to find lost technologies.
The future of your race lies on your shoulders, will you bring light or let the darkness consume everything?

Gameplay

A day will consist of 4 hours of light and 20 hours of darkness
This will allow players to prepare as quickly as they could and venture into the unknown to accomplish their goals.
Natural Events
The planet itself will cause threat to the players. Quakes, sand storms, sand cracks, amplified gravity and other disasters.
Interactive Environment
The players will be able to utilize most objects they find in the deserts, allowing them to create more opportunities to advance.
Darkness and Night Beasts
Darkness will cover the land for most of the time, allowing dangerous 'Night Beasts' to roam the lands freely.
Technology & Puzzles
Your primary objective is to gather technology. These, however, are only acquired after completing puzzles hidden throughout the lands.
Players will be able to craft various items
Crafting is essential in the game. This will allow the players to create items that will help them in their quests.

Screenshots

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

191166-albums6550-picture71070.png
191166-albums6550-picture71069.png
191166-albums6550-picture71068.png
191166-albums6550-picture71067.png
191166-albums6550-picture71066.png
191166-albums6550-picture71065.png
191166-albums6550-picture71064.png

Last edited:
Level 9
I gave sand wolf idea. Coz' wolves are awesome. Anyways, expecting a lot from this multiplayer awesome interacting RPG. By the way, story is very interesting (I made le Acianthza :D) and I like it a lot just by it's story.

Level 28
^
All of them looks so.. deserted and flat. I mean they can use a little bit more of decorating. I can't really recommend you some solid models you could use because of your complex lore and setting but if I'll just base it on your current designs then a few wooden decorations like watch towers and fences will do. Also put some green barren vegetation like cactus to kill the monotone atmosphere.

Level 9
^
All of them looks so.. deserted and flat. I mean they can use a little bit more of decorating. I can't really recommend you some solid models you could use because of your complex lore and setting but if I'll just base it on your current designs then a few wooden decorations like watch towers and fences will do. Also put some green barren vegetation like cactus to kill the monotone atmosphere.

The planet, according to Nerogclopter, doesn't contain vegetation such as cacti.

Level 9
Then if your current terrain design continues then it will suffer on a severe monotone atmosphere unless your future setting will require a different theme(e.g. like a swamp, jungle etc.)

Anyway, its still pretty good.

I think there are other vegetation than cacti. Crystals act somewhat like plants. I don't know, there are a lot of things in the project. Let us just see.

Level 20
Hmm, some beta gameplay screenshots. You need a torch to travel outside the town, or else you'll suffer from the extreme darkness.
Well the winning condition is a bit easy, depending on your cooperation. You need to gather technologies in order to build a new spaceship and leave the dark world, or, re-unite the 3 tribes and rebuild a new world.

Attachments

• DO - WoDGameplayScreenie01.png
    DO - WoDGameplayScreenie01.png
    1 MB · Views: 596
  • DO - WoDGameplayScreenie02.png
    DO - WoDGameplayScreenie02.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 360
  • DO - WoDGameplayScreenie03.png
    DO - WoDGameplayScreenie03.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 565
Level 20
More gameplay screenies! The abilities, basically, you need to buy/learn them from a trainer, or upgrade them at the cost of a special item.

That sounds exciting, looking forward playing it.

Thanks!

Can't wait for the beta. I really hope that it will turn out as good as I was hoping for. Kinda tired of the generic quests lines on other rpg maps.

Thanks! And yeah, we're thinking of something 'original' for the quests.

That 1 theme terrain style

I'm counting you guys to finish this #yolo #IjustsaidOMG #needtogoshoppingnao #hashash

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Attachments

• DO - WoDGameplayScreenie04.png
    DO - WoDGameplayScreenie04.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 311
  • DO - WoDGameplayScreenie05.png
    DO - WoDGameplayScreenie05.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 315
  • DO - WoDGameplayScreenie06.png
    DO - WoDGameplayScreenie06.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 255
Level 24
The terrain does look good and you present the map in a really good way cheers and +rep.

Level 4

[TD]
[/TD][/TR]

gameplay

a day will consist of 4 hours of light and 20 hours of darkness
this will allow players to prepare as quickly as they could and venture into the unknown to accomplish their goals.
natural events
the planet itself will cause threat to the players. Quakes, sand storms, sand cracks, amplified gravity and other disasters.
interactive environment
the players will be able to utilize most objects they find in the deserts, allowing them to create more opportunities to advance.
darkness and night beasts
darkness will cover the land for most of the time, allowing dangerous 'night beasts' to roam the lands freely.
technology & puzzles
your primary objective is to gather technology. These, however, are only acquired after completing puzzles hidden throughout the lands.
players will be able to craft various items
crafting is essential in the game. This will allow the players to create items that will help them in their quests.

This sounds intresting! Good idea dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.