• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damaging and applying buffs in a Line/Cone through trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Breath of Frost only deals some damage over time, it has no option for a stun.

Your only choice is to use Impale (the Crypt Fiend's ability). Its fields can be modified enough to create either a Line spell or a Cone spell:)

You'll need a DDS. (I recommend Damage Engine) Then base your cone spell off Breath of Frost and modify the buff with a black icon so it doesn't show up in the UI (like Textures\black32). Then, use the following trigger:

• Cone AoE Debuff
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • IsDamageSpell Equal to True
      • (DamageEventTarget has buff Breath of Frost) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Breath of Frost buff from DamageEventTarget
      • -------- Create your dummy unit and order it to cast wathever debuff you want here --------
This should detect the buff the second the damage is applied, and remove it. That's how you detect who got hit by the cone spell.

Level 16
I'm not sure what you want, but one of my maps uses this trigger. It deals damage to units in front of the caster (a cone area). You could modify this to apply a stun, slow or whatever.

• Great Swing
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Great Swing
    • Actions
      • Set GreatSwingFacingAngle = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
      • Set GreatSwingSourcePoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set TempUnitGroup = (Units within 256.00 of GreatSwingSourcePoint matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Cos(((Angle from TempPoint to GreatSwingSourcePoint) - GreatSwingFacingAngle))) Less than or equal to (Cos((180.00 - 85.00)))
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((100.00 x (Real((Level of Great Swing for (Triggering unit))))) - 10.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempUnitGroup)
      • Trigger - Turn on Great Swing Loop <gen>

No, no, I don't mean the one ability that does exactly what the TO wants, but instead I mean the other two completely unrelated abilities. ;)

Yes, Impale. I always confuse the fiends with the lord.

Wouldn't Impale cause a ministun and interrupt abilities? Unless you want to stun enemies, better use breath of frost.

Level 3
"unable to move,attack or casts a spell."
As already suggested, you could use impale
wait, it doesn't have a final area

Use Spellbound's trigger to detect the buff and then apply your desired effects

That's the point.. Freeze the enemy, making them unable to move,attack or casts a spell.

Hmm, I must have missed the part about disabling the enemy. Use Impale if you just want line damage (easier), but if you want a cone-shaped aoe, you'll have to use Breath of Frost and triggers I supplied.

If you're feeling adventurous, use a missile system that has collision detection :p

Level 24
I wouldn't make stuff for the community if I didn't think people couldn't use it.
That is some big ass denying sentense you have there...
Let me take a look at it.

You wouldn't make stuff if you didn't think people couldn't use it.

So you would make stuff if you do think people couldn't use it.
Or you would make stuff if you didn't think people could use it.

So you wouldn't make stuff if you do think people could use it.

... talking about denying... "Denied b*tch!" (dont take that too hard kay?)

But wouldn't it be amazing if you create your triggers without the help of engines and such?

Please let me reiterate that as well.

Wouldn't it be amazing if you have to do the same thing over and over again including hours of debugging and testing and recreating the spell over and over again for each single spell in your map instead of having one thing so you can create the spells using a single function which we all call a system?

Answer: NO!

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
That is some big ass denying sentense you have there...
Let me take a look at it.

You wouldn't make stuff if you didn't think people couldn't use it.

So you would make stuff if you do think people couldn't use it.
Or you would make stuff if you didn't think people could use it.

So you wouldn't make stuff if you do think people could use it.

I thought I had one too many "not's" in there; nice catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.