• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dalanar RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys!!! Im new here!!! Is there anything I should do? I mostly do Icons, but im doing spells too. So, whatever you need just let me know.

We don't need more..... We are about 8 days from Beta...........

Or maybe we need u to do some Spells for the Heroes that are not in Beta... We'll See

Sorry.... Diden't see you in team.... Well.. It seems ur supose to do Icons.....

Level 8
Funny that you mention that OMG, I already made it AoE LOL. I planned to make it that the whole time :p. Oh and 270989 (I hope I wrote that correctly) I don't know anything about Jass so perhaps you can add it in :)

*EDIT*
Also, I made a change in the loading screen. It's the same image, except I reversed it. What this will do is make us be able to write down on the normal WE, while having the nice image. At the same time it will make the text look more readable. The title will still be there though.

*EDIT*
You know, the point of making many copies is so we don't lose any data...Well you know waht guys, I lost pretty much everything from my Druid Spells. LUCKILY though, I decided to put them onto the map itself, so I imported it all back onto my Druid spell Map, so I lost only a part of it. It's still makes me mad though. Ah well...Maybe this time I'll get it right.

Last edited:
Level 3
Its the base skills that's causing the problem, i guess.
The base skill is shadow strike and since your coding is doing the damage, you can change the base skill to something else?
In this case you used the slow effects from shadow strike.. then i suggest basing the skill of slow (Sorceress)
*Sorry I had no time to test it out, my WE have errors =.=*

Level 3
@Mjllonir: You were allready thinking about it? :p Anyways i had the same idea with the loadingscreen too. Good job dude.
@270898: Hmm that could probably be the problem. I will try to set the slow duration to zero and then test. The lagg time seems to be close to the slow time.

What I meant was, the issue is with the base skill (ShadowStrike)
The damage ticker in the skill was set to some extremely low number like 0.
I tried changing the base skill to "Slow" and it worked (w/o lag).

Level 8
Thank you White :D.

@Aesthetics : I saw those command Icons. They're pretty cool, but I don't think it's worth putting them in unless we change the whole UI...which when OMG and I were chatting, we were thinking of perhaps adding it towards the end, when the new official version will come out, if we don't pass the 8 MB :p

*EDIT*
Actually, perhaps it would be a good idea to put them in. I find them pretty cool, and having a little touch of new commad icons would be cool. We woudl just have to give credits to the guy :p. We already have to give credits to dozens of people lol, one more wouldn't hurt.

Updated the map a bit...didn't do much (Redid the skills I lost of course). I also changed a bit the player names when you select a hero and all. I added the player colors so the [ ] are the same color as the player himself. I also changed the triggers a bit, I realised there were useless "Pick every player in..." when I could have just said "Triggering Player".

I added the Command Icons, and I must say they do look cooler. (OMG, if you want to change them back jsut click the reset value button)

Last edited:
@White: Yes there will be 12 different classes, but there will only be 6 finished heroes in the beta version. Thanks dude, hope you will like to play it ;)

@Aesthetics: Wow nice! They could probably be useful.

@Mjllonir: Thanks alot dude. I downloaded the map and will take a look at it later this day. Im busy with my contest right now :p

@All: Im sorry to say that our triggerer, Krigekongen, left our team because he is too busy.

Last edited:
Level 8
If Im correct, the BETA should be coming this week. Give me the BETA version when it's available, because I won't be able to work on the map until then :)

I also noticed you took me off the testers list :(. I'm going to suppose it's a mistake, please put me back on the list :), I can host it when it'll be release :D

If Im correct, the BETA should be coming this week. Give me the BETA version when it's available, because I won't be able to work on the map until then :)

I also noticed you took me off the testers list :(. I'm going to suppose it's a mistake, please put me back on the list :), I can host it when it'll be release :D

Yes you are totally right. There will be a beta version released this week.
And yea thats a mistake:razz: I think i have done something stupid cuz Krigekongen was removed too.

Yay! :D uses atleast 2 of my icons,
and it seems like the RPG is getting really cool! :)

One thing though, I would like to see hp and manabars in it! :)

Hmm i was thinking about a scoreboard/multiboard with with all stats about the hero. Then we could add some dynamic hp/mana bars if possible.

Also, haxel, sorry didnt see your comment. We doesnt need anymore help. But thanks for your input.

Level 10
If Ur interested in The Map and wanna Talk about it:p Please Join Our Web site's Forum:p (link's in the First Post)

BTW: I would love to Help out with anything Instead of Being on "Break".... I got nothing much to do lately so... Well Beta is ready On Wednes Day or something like that? Anyways :p See U on the PUBLIC! beta:p

Level 10
Hey man, did you add the Druid Spells, ad for that matter fix them? I hope so, also it would be a good idea to get some icons for the spells ;).

Can't wait for BETA launch tomorrow!

well... The Entengling Root was all fucked up the Way u did it... U made 3 Triggers when 1 was needed.... DUMMY SPELLS! ever hear dof that:p?

Well... I am not sure if Howl works as it shoud... But Beta Version is FInished and X-OMG-X will just Protect the map first:p

Level 3
@mjllonir: Dummy spells are spells that creates a dummy unit and the dummy unit is given spells to mimic the effects of the desired spell w/o compromising with the caster's stats.
In layman's term, a spell that makes a dummy unit :)

Okay everyone! There is good and bad news.
The beta version will be launched in lesser than 20 minuttes!
And the bad news, because i have a problem with my newgen, i cant edit the map, sorry.
When its fixed i will credit the icons and models wich isnt credited. Also the druid spell icons isnt added so you guys will play without the nice imported icons. Anyways the beta includes 6 finished heroes and each hero has 4 spells. Some of the systems is disabled in the beta version, such as save/load and PvC.
I hope you enjoy the beta map and you are free to report bugs, typos and errors. Also if you have a nice idea for the map, you are free to post it here in this thread or on our website. The link is in first post.

Now, i will protect the map and release the beta version, we all have been waiting for!
Good luck, enjoy and have fun!

~x-omg-x

Level 10
Just One tiny little Warning about Beta Druid.... The Wolf-form might be Bugged so if Our jasser(Ken(You know who you are(it's the Guy with all the Numbers...))) Woud Transform some of the Druid spells into JASS so we wouden't have Buggs incase there are:p

Edit: Ohh....Ohh... I forgot to say:p Our Beta is realesed Same day As my brother's Birth-day(wich is today) So This is for u bro(whom i really ahte some times but dont really care about it...)

Level 3
@KrigeKongen: Can you give more vivid description of what happened before the loot system gets stuck and what part stucked?

Level 5
@KrigeKongen: Can you give more vivid description of what happened before the loot system?

It went like this

First we killed the boss, we came to the looting place
yellow wrote -done
a player lagged and me and krisier wrote -done
and the rest of the players including me and krisier couldnt get out
even those who didnt write -done when the lagger lagged

Okay guys. I think we have to do some fast updates in the next days. So, i recommend you to download the map sometimes to get the latest version of our rpg.
Im not able to work on the map but i will be online most of the time to do development and guide my team:grin: Anyways, what i wanted to say is, that its important to have the latest version, because of huge or minor bugs. The map is released now, but is not very stable in multiplay, because of a huge lootbug. We are working on it and will probably be fixed today or tomorrow. Have fun and enjoy the map!

Btw, i will go swimming in some hours and will not be online before 8:00 PM.

Level 3
It went like this

First we killed the boss, we came to the looting place
yellow wrote -done
a player lagged and me and krisier wrote -done
and the rest of the players including me and krisier couldnt get out
even those who didnt write -done when the lagger lagged

Ok... This only happens when the player lagged?
Did the lagger player DC?
Only the lagger player got out?

Okay i think i did a mistake :p
I think we should have tested the map for bugs before releasing it xD
Anyways, now its released and we just have to hurry the updates.
Mjllonir, will pastebin the unprotected map.
Haxel96, will send you a message if we need your help. Thanks.
Lancer1111, lol. i think we should take a look at it.

Damn there is many huge bugs i didnt notice:slp:

Level 8
Yeah I noticed a few myself, right at the beginning. I think I found a way how to fix the hero pick system as well :D.

First off, I will fix the part about picking unfinished heroes, I have a good plan how how I'll fix this for now.

I also noticed that the Hero Pick system doesn't hide the hero pick location once you pick your hero, I intend to fix this (To hide it completely once you pick a hero, but will not hide it for others.) Notice that later once every hero is finished, we won't have to hide it, because one of the triggers hides the heroes after one person picks a hero.

On another note, did you fix the spells Naitsirk?

If I get the new map soon, I may be able to add a few other things to make the hero pick system a little better as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.