• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dalanar RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mjllonir: No i didnt make any mistakes in the description:) It changed it to cast when attacking and the visible is right. When a wind walking unit attacks/casts spells/acquires an item the invisibillity will break ;)

@Lancer1111: Lol sorry, i forgot that we allready had a spell for pyromancer. But still, good work.

@Pippo: Hmm actually we have full house, but i will contact you if we need some help. Thanks.

Level 8
  • Alright I fixed some things. My spells neeeded a small tweak. (I noticed the Passive abilty of Dagger Hurl wouldn't work anymore because it wasn't assigned to the Assassin)

• I added a repick system. This means that once you choose a hero, that hero is hidden and will only re-appear if a player types -repick *It works perfectly with the Player name I also tweaked. The -repick system lasts 5 minutes, but can be changed in a trigger called "Repick done".
    *Notice I also put a "Hero Choose" Disabled trigger in the Hero Pick System folder. It's an exact replica, but with the "hide hero" triggers. It will be enabled once we have 12 heroes to play with and that the map will be released for real. There is no point in having it if that means only 6 players can play with completed heroes. Same thing applies to the Repick Trigger.

• x-OMG-x, I will need to know which items you want to make into recipies and what items it will take to create it.

• Fixed up the Hero descriptions, and added some text here and there so the players won't be lost when they play the BETA. I also added a "-clear" command if they find the game is displaying too many messages (Which I don't think will be the case, but it's there just in case)

Level 3
Yay, I finished remaking the portals and item loot system xDD
Save/Load system still under construction :/
Btw mjllonir nice hero choosing systems... I will give you my hat for that.
And I got no idea why, but the poison dagger (I think this is the name for that skill) lags my comp whenever I cast it.
My comp ain't that bad.

Level 8
Yay, I finished remaking the portals and item loot system xDD
Save/Load system still under construction :/
Btw mjllonir nice hero choosing systems... I will give you my hat for that.
And I got no idea why, but the poison dagger (I think this is the name for that skill) lags my comp whenever I cast it.
My comp ain't that bad.

Why thank you man :). I really like it too. Actually, it's the first time I ever amde a hero choose system that well. I never made any hero choose system before for that matter. Actually, I learnt by doing this project soooo many things I never thought I could do before.

Also, I fixed some things up on the map, so I think it will be even better if you ask me (I mentioned them in one of my past posts.)

And for the Poison Dagger, I have no idea why it lags, but my guess is because of the damage system that seems to screw up when you cast it. Since then I've been trying to figure outa way to stop it, and hopefully I'l find a way before I give the map back to OMG.

Another thing. I am now done the recipe system. I created a recipe item and placed the items on the floor so you can test it out. (Please make sure you delete them afterwards) It's pretty straightforwards. Wherever you see item names you can modify them.

I created another folder named item buffs. This is a spot where we will put item triggers that don't have enough space in the ability section of it and we have to add more. For example the Proctector's set.

One last thing, I updated the Loading Screen. I think it looks a bit better (Mostly because my friend gave me the bigger picture it came with. (Like 3000 x 2000 size)

And my update is done. I will send you the map OMG. I am still going to try to find the error in the Poisoned Dagger, and I will tell you when I found it. I will also keep making the Druid skills.

Last edited:
Level 9
What ? one moment, testing.....

EDIT: Oh, you're right. I will change it.

Ah I think it has to do something with

• Actions
    • Unit - Cause (Dying unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 50.00 at TempLoc2, dealing (50.00 + (50.00 x (Real((Level of Fire Nova for Caster))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

What ? one moment, testing.....

EDIT: Oh, you're right. I will change it.

Ah I think it has to do something with

• Actions
    • Unit - Cause (Dying unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 50.00 at TempLoc2, dealing (50.00 + (50.00 x (Real((Level of Fire Nova for Caster))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Damage area leaks. Pick every unit in area matching conditions and damage single target.

edit: And. If your spells is finished i will import, and then they will include beta version ;)

Level 2
Ok, y ofc, if to many maps have it, it's not that cool.
I'll give you more ideas if they fall me in. :)

Level 8
Alright, could I get a list of what has been updated since I gave in my last version? I really would like to know because it seems we're a little everywhere and I don't know who's doing what and what's being done aside from my part and occasionally OMG, because I'm pretty much that gives a big description of the changes I made :).

Level 8
Woohoo!

Hey guys! I figured outa way of stopping the lag from my Poisoned Dagger spell :). I added a boolean to make sure that a "lagging type spell" (Such as my Poisoned Dagger that messes up the Damage System) is not activated. The only thing we have to do now is when there is a spell like that, just make sure that at the beginning of the spell you add the DAMAGE_SYS_TURN_OFF = true trigger, and then turn it off at the end.

The only downfall to this is when the spell is activated, the damage system is turned off, but I think I'd prefer that (And probably not noticing) than a game that lags for no reason once I activate it.

Besides that, I added my current Druid Spells. This includes Wolf Form, Call of the Pack (Still working on it) and Rejunevation. Entangling roots should be coming soon.

Level 3
It might help(if the issue is regarding dealing 0 damage)?
I dont know what goes into your poisoned dagger..

Status
Not open for further replies.