• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SecondSight RPG! Spell Idea's/makers needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey people.

I'm currently making an RPG and i'm getting closer and closer to completing it.
However I need more spell idea's because I want some creative spells instead of copying multiple spells and just changing name/icon/damage a bit.

Here is some info about the RPG:

It's an 11 player RPG with a mainly PvE play style.
There are 56 classes, 4 ranks and 30 levels for each rank/class.

You create a hero (or load one if you already made one).
You create a hero by selecting one of the 6 elements: Life, Earth, Air, Water, Fire and Death.

If you pick Air per example, you will get an Archer.
That's a Rank 1 hero.

If your Archer reaches level 30 he has the max level. (yes I know it's low.. just read on) When he reaches level 30 you can either keep on playing at this max level, or pick a second element. If you choose the last option you can go back to the elemental plateau again and chose a second element.
Let's say you pick Death this time.

Now you get a new hero Level 1 again but with better spells and stats. Air + Death means you will get a Dark Ranger.
When your dark ranger reaches level 30, you can pick another element again..
Then you will get a rank 3 hero.. after that rank 4. and rank 4 is the final rank.

What I need is more spells for my classes. It doesn't matter what kind of spell it is. All can be useful, however I don't need summon spells because I'm using an own-made pet system that makes summons uncontrollable. You can only control them with a few commands like Attack, Hold Position or Follow.

Here's a movie I quickly made for this post:
You can see 4 classes in here. a Protector (Earth Rank1), Shaman (2xEarth,2xFire, Rank 4), a Dark Templar (3xDeath, Rank 3) and a Frost Mage(2x Water, 1x Air, Rank 3).

The spells in the movie that are special are here:
Protector: Stone Bash - stuns the target on his next melee attack and deals bonus damage.
Shaman: Lightning Touch - Deals X lightning damage to the target every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The lightning jumps to a nearby enemy after dealing damage (same as chain lightning, but every 3 sec)
Shaman: Blood Strike - Deals X times Agility in damage to the target and gives him a 25% chance to miss attacks for 6 seconds.
Dark Templar: Crushing Blow - Deals X damage to the target and pushes him away. Every unit the target hits will get 50% of the damage dealt too.
Dark Templar: Unholy Charge - Charges to the targetted point, dealing X damage to all units passed.
Frost Mage: Cone of Cold - Deals X damage to the target and nearby enemies and pushes them away. Units hit by the pushed unit will take 50% of the damage dealt too.

There are alot of models/effects used from this site. I added credits to the makers in the map, but they wont be visible in this video. I'm sorry for that.
Examples of this are the riderless kodo model, Cone of Cold special effect and the Dark Templar model (Icecrown Overlord original name).

Youtube is currently offline.
I will edit this post tommorow with the movie in the edited post.

Status
Not open for further replies.